Windows 10: After update Windows 16188 .rs Prerelease settings screen disapear

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.    06 May 2017 #1

    After update Windows 16188 .rs Prerelease settings screen disapear


    Good evening,

    My computer have a update to Build 16188.rs_prerelease 170430-1928.

    When i open the menu and settings then after 5 seconds the hole menu option disapear.

    Is there a solution for this problem, are here more people who have this problem?

    Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. WOT's Avatar
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       06 May 2017 #2

    The settings menu is causing problems for some but not all. Read the "known issues" in this announcement:
    Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 PC and 15210 Mobile

    My 16188 laptop does something similar when I try to open Settings> Personalization> Lock Screen.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    06 May 2017 #3

    Same problem here with build 16188.
    I cannot click on any place in settings screen because it disappears in a second.
    Therefore I cannot click on the windows update icon in settings to get the next build.
    Do i have to wait or can I go anyhow to recover to the previous build.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. WOT's Avatar
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       06 May 2017 #4

    heikwith said: View Post
    Same problem here with build 16188.
    I cannot click on any place in settings screen because it disappears in a second.
    Therefore I cannot click on the windows update icon in settings to get the next build.
    Do i have to wait or can I go anyhow to recover to the previous build.
    If your issue is really a bug (and I would guess it is) you may have to revert back to you previous build because I doubt MS is going to attempt to patch this before the next Insider update and maybe not even then.... but I've been wrong before. However, I would wait a day or so and see if any forum member responds with an interim fix or workaround.

    Good luck,

    WOT
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    06 May 2017 #5

    WOT said: View Post
    If your issue is really a bug (and I would guess it is) you may have to revert back to you previous build because I doubt MS is going to attempt to patch this before the next Insider update and maybe not even then.... but I've been wrong before. However, I would wait a day or so and see if any forum member responds with an interim fix or workaround.

    Good luck,

    WOT
    Ok, I can wait almost 10 days before I revert back to the previous build.
    But how do I revert back without the settings screen ?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. WOT's Avatar
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       06 May 2017 #6

    This may not work if all Settings' views are corrupted:

    Go to Start> Run (and enter this) "ms-settings:windowsupdate" (without quotes) and click OK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    06 May 2017 #7

    I have my doubts that anyone even looks at the hub.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    06 May 2017 #8

    WOT said: View Post
    This may not work if all Settings' views are corrupted:

    Go to Start> Run (and enter this) "ms-settings:windowsupdate" (without quotes) and click OK.
    I already tried that, but also wu screen disappears in a second.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. WOT's Avatar
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       06 May 2017 #9

    Did you make a backup/system image before going to the latest Creator update? If so you can restore from backup/system image.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 7
    Windows 10 (Insider version)
       06 May 2017 #10

    This looks a very bad problem, because windows just flashing. I think that MS should make ISO for repairing. Let's wait!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
860178210184609792 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16188 for PC + Build 15210 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 PC:
Insider preview now downloading at 10:20 pm cst.
Hello Anyone experiencing an issue where the Licensing UI app keeps popping up after activation? I click "close", and a few seconds later it pops up again (sometimes ~1.5 sec later); then a third time at a seemingly random few mins later....
Hello, Is it possibly the Anniversary Update, which has blocked my possibilities to change the Lock Screen configuration? In Settings->Personalisation that whole option is greyed out today and I'm stuck with a lock screen, which I can't modify or...
After I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro everything was fine on my desktop PC. Several days went by as I learned the new OS' interface. Then I got an update message telling me that a reboot was required for the updates to take effect....
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:41.
Find Us