After update Windows 16188 .rs Prerelease settings screen disapear

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #11

    Raato said:
    This looks a very bad problem, because windows just flashing. I think that MS should make ISO for repairing. Let's wait!
    If you are willing to do a clean install via an ISO, see this tutorial:

    Download Windows 10 ISO File
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 (Insider version)
       #12

    WOT said:
    If you are willing to do a clean install via an ISO, see this tutorial:

    Download Windows 10 ISO File
    Yeah, but there is one big problem: I don't want to install all of my programs and settings once again - I have done this couple of times
    Last edited by Raato; 07 May 2017 at 07:29.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    Raato said:
    Yeah, but there is one big problem: I don't want all of my programs and settings once again - I have done this couple of times
    Also here..
      My Computer


  4. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #14

    Raato said:
    Yeah, but there is one big problem: I don't want all of my programs and settings once again - I have done this couple of times

    Jasperh said:
    Also here..
    Well then you both might want to chalk this up as a good lesson learned and start creating periodic system images. In summary, if MS doesn't auto-patch this issue, and/or nobody is able to come up with an interim workaround, you current Insider Build may expire and then your only choice would be to do a clean install. With that said, my advice is to f0llow that tutorial now before it may be too late.
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 (Insider version)
       #15

    WOT said:
    Well then you both might want to chalk this up as a good lesson learned and start creating periodic system images. In summary, if MS doesn't auto-patch this issue, and/or nobody is able to come up with an interim workaround, you current Insider Build may expire and then your only choice would be to do a clean install. With that said, my advice is to f0llow that tutorial now before it may be too late.
    I have made clean install several times and it's unnecessary to learn it anymore. I have used to test builds with severel non-MS programs too and therefore I don't waste my time to install these again - so I begin to think to stop testing completely when your attitude is like that. By the way, I am retired professional programmer with 25 years experience.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 (Insider version)
       #16

    I noticed that settings screen don't disappear, when I am logged as local administrator
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 92
    Win10Pro_64; Win10Pro_64 insider
       #17

    But how can I change settings for my account if I can't get there because of the disappearing settings screen?
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 5
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #18

    Elegast said:
    But how can I change settings for my account if I can't get there because of the disappearing settings screen?
    Ok. Simple.

    I download Winaero tweaker.

    In the menu options go to User Account menu , There you can mark the Add user Accounts submenu to...

    Then you can log in with a admin account. In the account will work the settings fine. We can wait for a update for the issue..
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 64
    Windows 10
       #19

    Thanks Jasperh. Nice answer. That did the job.
    With the admin account I can install (I hope) the next build after 16188.
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 92
    Win10Pro_64; Win10Pro_64 insider
       #20

    Only for the admin user!
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums