Unable to do Build Updates anymore and time running out


  1. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
       #1

    Unable to do Build Updates anymore and time running out


    Since Updating to 16170, I have been unable to do anymore Updates.

    So today, I tried updating to 16184.1001 and it errored out with 80070003.

    I understand I can do a clean-install using build 15063, but that gets me back into this Update crashing problem (I think).

    I tried using the UUPtoISO method in this install to create a build 16170 ISO, but that failed and I posted that in another section -- and got no help in solving that problem.

    I get a notice my build will time out in 4 days -- so if I can't Update, and there is no ISO available, and I can't make one -- what are my options at this point?
      My Computer


  2. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #2

    Hi Mark,

    PM sent.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 13,683
    Windows10
       #3

    You should try a clean install of CU version (can do it as dual boot or in a vm) and join fast ring - it will probably upgrade to latest version (a new one expected by Friday) without any issue.

    Then create iso using uup method.

    Then use iso to upgrade the cuurent install.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,219
    Windows 8.1, Win10Pro
    Thread Starter
       #4

    cereberus said:
    You should try a clean install of CU version (can do it as dual boot or in a vm) and join fast ring - it will probably upgrade to latest version (a new one expected by Friday) without any issue.

    Then create iso using uup method.

    Then use iso to upgrade the cuurent install.
    Thanks for the suggestions ... but a fellow forum member granted me access to their build 16184 ISO and I was able to do the Update from that.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 12,474
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #5

    a fellow forum member granted me access to their build 16184 ISO and I was able to do the Update from that
    Too bad the rest of us having that problem can't do the same.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 12,474
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #6

    Since I can't get a good download/install of Build 16184 or 16188 the UUPtoISO process is useless. It's easy to get the build updates for the RTM version 1607 build 14393 but can't find the same for the IP 1703.
      My Computers


  7. WOT
    Posts : 471
    Win 10 Pro 15063.332 (ex-Insider)
       #7

    Berton said:
    Since I can't get a good download/install of Build 16184 or 16188 the UUPtoISO process is useless. It's easy to get the build updates for the RTM version 1607 build 14393 but can't find the same for the IP 1703.
    I tried to PM you but you have that locked. I also sent you an "I can help" message on your non-private message board. If you want a link to download the 16188 Home or Pro ISO, send me a PM.

    WOT
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 9
    Windows 10 (Insider version)
       #8

    Me too! I have 16188 and whole settings part dont't remain opened. So it is impossible to make the new update. Of course I can return to some older version, but then I should to install all of my programs and settings again and that's isn't good. garbage!!
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 12,474
    Win10 Version 21H2 Pro and Home, Win11 Pro
       #9

    WOT said:
    I tried to PM you but you have that locked. I also sent you an "I can help" message on your non-private message board. If you want a link to download the 16188 Home or Pro ISO, send me a PM.

    WOT
    Sorry about that. Wondered off and on why I never received any PMs since joining 3 years ago, turned out one more checkmark/bullet/radio button had to be taken care of.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:42.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums