Windows 10: RTM/GA or Insider - What are you going to do?

View Poll Results: RTM or stay an Insider

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going to stay an Insider

    85 45.95%
  • I'm going to move to RTM/GA

    58 31.35%
  • I'm not sure yet

    33 17.84%
  • I'm going back to my older Windows version

    9 4.86%
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,970
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       01 Aug 2015 #261

    cpupro said: View Post
    "Desktop apps such as news, sport, finance etc, are not working, certain pages on edge either stutter or lock solid, I could mention more but think it best that you try comparing for yourself."

    All of this is working perfectly on the Insiders Version, no problems on any of it. It works just as well as the final clean install of Win 10 I have on another computer.
    Over here in the UK certain features are not available, for example Cortana which effects a few apps such as already quoted.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 1,970
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       01 Aug 2015 #262

    badrobot said: View Post
    What "pirated" version is he talking about? The Insider Preview????
    Instead of addressing the person concerned who made the above statement "Is he talking about?" implies a personal opinion inviting others to ridicule mine.

    Your post is laced with cynicism (how many question marks do you need for emphasis). I replied to your post in kind.

    As for further personal attacks...really rather sad.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    01 Aug 2015 #263

    dencal said: View Post
    Instead of addressing the person concerned who made the above statement "Is he talking about?" implies a personal opinion inviting others to ridicule mine.

    Your post is laced with cynicism (how many question marks do you need for emphasis). I replied to your post in kind.

    As for further personal attacks...really rather sad.
    @dencal
    Really... can we stay on topic. If you have an issue then take it to PM.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    01 Aug 2015 #264

    I'm going to stay an insider with my less important laptop. If something goes wrong with that one, it's not a problem. However, my main PC and laptop will only get the RTM option.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,336
    Win 10 Pro x64
       02 Aug 2015 #265

    dencal said: View Post
    Instead of addressing the person concerned who made the above statement "Is he talking about?" implies a personal opinion inviting others to ridicule mine.



    Your post is laced with cynicism (how many question marks do you need for emphasis). I replied to your post in kind.



    As for further personal attacks...really rather sad.

    No time for this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    02 Aug 2015 #266

    badrobot said: View Post
    No time for this.
    was puzzled also by the post you referenced. perhaps if responses were threaded to what one responded to, it would be easier to understand what members are referring to. I imagine designing a Forum would be somewhat challenging, so hopefully suggestions for improvement would be accepted as intended, in a positive light.

    AFAIK eligible, which I understand to be legit whether msdn or retail or oem, versions of 7 or 8 lead to legit 10, and that insiders lacking such who are nonetheless insiders can keep a running win 10 also. Other running instances of 7 or 8, those that are on new mobos compared to where first installed, or those never legitimately activated, would not qualify. given the falling costs of modest equipment and typical behavior, i do not think ms anticipates sustaining a win 10 license for longer than the support life of ten years, and perhaps for less than that, 'device life' is a matter of perspective but it clearly means something other than 'does it still work' or 'do i still own it'...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 4,336
    Win 10 Pro x64
       02 Aug 2015 #267

    johnwerneken said: View Post
    was puzzled also by the post you referenced. perhaps if responses were threaded to what one responded to, it would be easier to understand what members are referring to. I imagine designing a Forum would be somewhat challenging, so hopefully suggestions for improvement would be accepted as intended, in a positive light.

    AFAIK eligible, which I understand to be legit whether msdn or retail or oem, versions of 7 or 8 lead to legit 10, and that insiders lacking such who are nonetheless insiders can keep a running win 10 also. Other running instances of 7 or 8, those that are on new mobos compared to where first installed, or those never legitimately activated, would not qualify. given the falling costs of modest equipment and typical behavior, i do not think ms anticipates sustaining a win 10 license for longer than the support life of ten years, and perhaps for less than that, 'device life' is a matter of perspective but it clearly means something other than 'does it still work' or 'do i still own it'...
    Hey! Good to see you around here. Welcome to Ten Forums @johnwerneken !
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    02 Aug 2015 #268

    I am keeping one installation on the insider program. All other systems exxcept an older laptop have already been upgraded to 10
    I am also running Insider in a VMWare vm and will to contine to.

    I think I understand where the Insider program is going. As Windows morphs toward Windows 365 the Insider program will become a test bed for the delivery and manintenance systems that will make W365 work. Windows is already becoming a service. The next logical step is 365, which is already in place for Office. Changes often show up first in Office (activation, dropping upgrade editions, etc have all appeared in Office first). I am staying in Insider with at least one installation so I can watch the fun.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    04 Aug 2015 #269

    You didn't give a choice for both. I keep with the upgrade on my main pc (and a laptop) and continue with the insider prg on my spare.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       04 Aug 2015 #270

    KACI said: View Post
    You didn't give a choice for both. I keep with the upgrade on my main pc (and a laptop) and continue with the insider prg on my spare.
    That's what I told him! A long time ago.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Insider after the 29th? in Windows Insider
I have been an Insider member since last fall. I installed it on a fresh SSD in a separate (test) computer from my daily driver. The test computer has updated regularly to the latest Win10 build and is current. The daily driver computer is a...
where is insider hub on 10240 in Software and Apps
cannot seem to find insider app for insider hub, any ideas guys
Insider Insider Tidbit in Windows 10 News
Just a little recent tweet by Gabe. 621200418899562497
Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/phone-insider-app-windows-10-updated-renamed-windows-insider-microsoft-account
MS Insider Program in Windows Insider
Hi, I've installed Win10 TP in VM player yesterday, received the security code from MS, 10 was activated. I'm not a PC expert or an IT pro, do I need to join the insider program to receive build updates? I have sent some feedback already when I was...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22.
Find Us