Windows 10: RTM/GA or Insider - What are you going to do?

View Poll Results: RTM or stay an Insider

Voters
185. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm going to stay an Insider

    85 45.95%
  • I'm going to move to RTM/GA

    58 31.35%
  • I'm not sure yet

    33 17.84%
  • I'm going back to my older Windows version

    9 4.86%
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
  1.    12 Jul 2015 #161

    Well I voted "not sure". I am definitely going to install the RTM of W10 as soon as it comes out. Maybe I will stay an insider on a virtual machine but I doubt that I will do the same with my main system. I definitely need a stable machine and don't feel like using a system that is in a constant "beta" state.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       12 Jul 2015 #162

    altae said: View Post
    Well I voted "not sure". I am definitely going to install the RTM of W10 as soon as it comes out. Maybe I will stay an insider on a virtual machine but I doubt that I will do the same with my main system. I definitely need a stable machine and don't feel like using a system that is in a constant "beta" state.
    That's why I'll have an RTM/GA installation to upgrade my Windows 8.1 partition to Windows 10 and then have the Insider version of Windows 10 on the other partition.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Jul 2015 #163

    Wynona said: View Post
    That's why I'll have an RTM/GA installation to upgrade my Windows 8.1 partition to Windows 10 and then have the Insider version of Windows 10 on the other partition.
    Sounds like a great idea and I think I might do the same.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    13 Jul 2015 #164

    Truth is I only open W10 maybe once a week to get updates. So once the RTM/GA is available I'll stop using Insider and just use W10 as flag ship.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 14
    windows 10 pro version 1703 64bit
       13 Jul 2015 #165

    I have been a insider since January, I also was a windows 8 beta tester so I'm not new to this. I was planning to go back to windows 8.1 on this mach. when it got close to RTM time but its been fun working with this insider group. Window 8 was more like work than fun. I think I will hang on as a insider and see where it goes.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    14 Jul 2015 #166

    I am going to stay as an insider. Afterall one has a year to decide to go RTM.

    But the other 6 licenses will go for the RTM.

    Jeffrys
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 25,514
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home Insider Build 16179 & W8.1 Pro x64 with Media Center
       14 Jul 2015 #167

    viffer13 said: View Post
    I have been a insider since January, I also was a windows 8 beta tester so I'm not new to this. I was planning to go back to windows 8.1 on this mach. when it got close to RTM time but its been fun working with this insider group. Window 8 was more like work than fun. I think I will hang on as a insider and see where it goes.
    That's great, viffer13! Welcome to Ten Forums.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 14,370
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       14 Jul 2015 #168

    viffer13 said: View Post
    I have been a insider since January, I also was a windows 8 beta tester so I'm not new to this. I was planning to go back to windows 8.1 on this mach. when it got close to RTM time but its been fun working with this insider group. Window 8 was more like work than fun. I think I will hang on as a insider and see where it goes.
    Welcome, Viffer! Check out the information for the Ten Forums Windows 10 Launch Party here:

    Welcome to the Ten Forums Windows 10 Launch Party! - Windows 10 Forums

    Tell all your friends - Everybody Welcome!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 14
    windows 10 pro version 1703 64bit
       14 Jul 2015 #169

    Thanks for the welcomes and the information.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    16 Jul 2015 #170

    Will probably go RTM on main PC for work and the second PC will run as ongoing insider preview...
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved Insider after the 29th? in Windows Insider
I have been an Insider member since last fall. I installed it on a fresh SSD in a separate (test) computer from my daily driver. The test computer has updated regularly to the latest Win10 build and is current. The daily driver computer is a...
where is insider hub on 10240 in Software and Apps
cannot seem to find insider app for insider hub, any ideas guys
Insider Insider Tidbit in Windows 10 News
Just a little recent tweet by Gabe. 621200418899562497
Source: http://www.windowscentral.com/phone-insider-app-windows-10-updated-renamed-windows-insider-microsoft-account
MS Insider Program in Windows Insider
Hi, I've installed Win10 TP in VM player yesterday, received the security code from MS, 10 was activated. I'm not a PC expert or an IT pro, do I need to join the insider program to receive build updates? I have sent some feedback already when I was...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20.
Find Us