Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1.    14 Jun 2015 #1
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,372
    Windows 10 Pro

    MS ISO Build 10130


    I got bored and upgraded my Win8.1.1 toWin10 build 10130 using the official ISO I downloaded. Now I'm dual booting Win10 with Win10. My future plan is to dual boot Win10 Final on my SSD and Win10TP on my HDD. One of the things I've noticed so far. In the weather app I now get a advertisement. I don't get this with the clean install made from the esd of my 10130 upgrade. Is this a preview of what we can expect in future builds? I also noticed the start menu is still buggy. I thought MS said this was fixed. They did fix the no sound bug. Hopefully the next build will be released soon.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    14 Jun 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Phuket Thailand
    Posts : 12
    windows 10 insider preview

    Haha Iv been getting bored too and pushing boundaries!! Now I have a hung system and i'm not too sure how to remedy it. I was slack and didn't make my 10130 iso before i went overclocking the pants of my pc=idiot. I still have the initial install it just does nothing.... I cant even search with Russel Crow! and Cortina! well... she up and left me for some other app..
    I like your end plan! I want to make a NAS. I have a spare CPU and MB and about 14 SSD's... I could most likely build a small type house using my HDD's as bricks. May aswell do something with them!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    14 Jun 2015 #3
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10

    You do realize Win 10 TP builds expire and will not boot at some point?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    14 Jun 2015 #4
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Phuket Thailand
    Posts : 12
    windows 10 insider preview

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    You do realize Win 10 TP builds expire and will not boot at some point?
    yes you are fracking correct. I fully realize this. Not sure what that has to do with overclocking and building HDD houses but... I wonder, do you ask people questions that you imply they know the answer to, often?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    14 Jun 2015 #5
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,372
    Windows 10 Pro
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    You do realize Win 10 TP builds expire and will not boot at some point?
    I have a Image of my 8.1.1 install I made with Macrium. As long as I remember to make backups of of my files I should be able to reinstall Win8.1.1, update my files and be all set. As for Win10 TP expiring, I'm sure the final version will be released first. I also read that MS is going to continue the Insider Program for anyone who wants to continue testing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    14 Jun 2015 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 16,795
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by Winuser View Post
    I got bored and upgraded my Win8.1.1 toWin10 build 10130 using the official ISO I downloaded. Now I'm dual booting Win10 with Win10. My future plan is to dual boot Win10 Final on my SSD and Win10TP on my HDD. One of the things I've noticed so far. In the weather app I now get a advertisement. I don't get this with the clean install made from the esd of my 10130 upgrade. Is this a preview of what we can expect in future builds? I also noticed the start menu is still buggy. I thought MS said this was fixed. They did fix the no sound bug. Hopefully the next build will be released soon.
    Except for upgrading Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 now, I'm planning on the same as you, Winuser. I have an ISO of Windows 8.1, so will most likely reinstall just before July 29. Then I'm gonna wait until the automatic update rather than start it myself. Reason being that most likely the "rush" will be over by then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    14 Jun 2015 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 16,795
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by fracking4oil View Post
    You do realize Win 10 TP builds expire and will not boot at some point?
    Yes, the current TP will expire sometime in October; however, Microsoft isn't going to stop pumping out new TP versions for those of us who wish to keep on testing.

    I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 on the Windows 8.1 partition of my hard drive and continue testing Windows 10 TP (that will have a new(er) stale date.

    Actually, RiverJack has Build 10130 which isn't set to expire until "sometime in October", so that's not his problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    14 Jun 2015 #8
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,487
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Yes, the current TP will expire sometime in October; however, Microsoft isn't going to stop pumping out new TP versions for those of us who wish to keep on testing.

    I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10 on the Windows 8.1 partition of my hard drive and continue testing Windows 10 TP (that will have a new(er) stale date.

    Actually, RiverJack has Build 10130 which isn't set to expire until "sometime in October", so that's not his problem.
    I think it's the 1st of October.. that's a long way away and yes.. MS will be pumping out more builds to test. And the final release comes out in July
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    14 Jun 2015 #9
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 16,795
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by riverjack22 View Post
    Haha Iv been getting bored too and pushing boundaries!! Now I have a hung system and i'm not too sure how to remedy it. I was slack and didn't make my 10130 iso before i went overclocking the pants of my pc=idiot. I still have the initial install it just does nothing.... I cant even search with Russel Crow! and Cortina! well... she up and left me for some other app..
    I like your end plan! I want to make a NAS. I have a spare CPU and MB and about 14 SSD's... I could most likely build a small type house using my HDD's as bricks. May aswell do something with them!
    Good morning, RiverJack.

    Do you have another version of Windows you could temporarily put on the computer you hosed? Or, is the computer you're posting from able to download the ISO?

    Another solution would be to use the MB & CPU to build a temporary computer, get what you need, and then turn it into a NAS (which I know nothing about) after you get your regular computer back into shape.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    14 Jun 2015 #10
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 16,795
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    I think it's the 1st of October.. that's a long way away and yes.. MS will be pumping out more builds to test. And the final release comes out in July
    Right, Jeff. I was thinking October 15, but since I wasn't sure, "sometime" seemed to be the best thing to say.

    So, are you going to continue testing?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved build 10130 product key
I installed this version of win 10.... build 10130 and going through the settings I see that it is not activated. Seems it needs a product key.. Does it actually need one? If so, where do i get it? Thanks for all the information. ;) ...
Windows Updates and Activation
IP build 10130 Home to 10147 Pro w/new key - Slow/Fast Build issues
Hi I just installed the Win 10 Home 64 Bit Insider Preview Build 10130 about a week ago and had issues with it not allowing any updates other than for some of my hardware drivers and MS Defender updates (I am aware of the KBXXXXX patch to address...
Installation and Upgrade
Install Build 10130 on new SSD
I like to replace my HDD with an SSD. So I downloaded the ISO file (for Build 10130, 32 bit) on a USB stick, double-clicked the file, and put all the resulting files back on the USB stick so that setup.exe is now in the root directory of the USB...
Windows Insider
Bored with 10130 -- I want a NEW build !!!!!
Hi there Ms It's middle of JUNE now -- we need a NEW OFFICIAL build -- if RTM is at end of JULY there probably needs to be AT LEAST TWO more builds to ensure proper (or at least adequate) User testing. I don't want to see a fiasco of W10 being...
Windows Insider
Windows 10 build 10130: Everything you need to know
Read more: Windows 10 build 10130: Everything you need to know | Windows Central
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums