1.    15 Oct 2016 #1

    can not install latest insider update 14946


    I have tried to install the latest insider update about 7 times all seems well then it says trying restore previouse instalation then i`m back to previouse again(build 14936)
    windows 10 pro insider.

    Anyone else?
    P.s. Also now iam getting a mesage to scan drives for errors, i have and have no errors
    P.p.s. I have tried disable of malwarebytes, sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f.

    regards topper
    Last edited by toppergraph; 15 Oct 2016 at 13:46. Reason: forgot aabout MWB
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    16 Oct 2016 #2
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,929
    Windows10

    Search for hidden file install.esd, convert it to an iso (see tutorial section under letter E), double click on iso and run setup.exe.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Oct 2016 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Newmarket, NH
    Posts : 22
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by toppergraph View Post
    I have tried to install the latest insider update about 7 times all seems well then it says trying restore previouse instalation then i`m back to previouse again(build 14936)
    windows 10 pro insider.

    Anyone else?
    P.s. Also now iam getting a mesage to scan drives for errors, i have and have no errors
    P.p.s. I have tried disable of malwarebytes, sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f.

    regards topper
    I am having the same problem with 2 computers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 Oct 2016 #4
    Join Date : Dec 2015
    Posts : 5,929
    Windows10

    Quote Originally Posted by ofladrt View Post
    I am having the same problem with 2 computers.
    Then follow advice I gave in post #2.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    19 Oct 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,985
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    @toppergraph, @ofladrt

    Some AV's cause it to roll back at about 75%. This is an excerpt from the Known Issues with Build 14946 published by MS that I copied from the Feeback Hub announcement. It is also in the post by Shawn here in TF:

    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile - Windows 10 Forums

    Toppergraph, you have Bitdefender installed. Ofladrt check yours and see.

    You will need to disable or temp uninstall these before attempting the upgrade.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    • If you have 3rd party antivirus products such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky Antivirus, F-Secure Antivirus and Malwarebytes installed on your PC your PC might not be able to complete the update to this build and roll-back to the previous build.
    • Larger Windows Store games such as ReCore, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct and Rise of the Tomb Raider may fail to launch.


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    TC
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    19 Oct 2016 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2016
    Posts : 9
    MocOS Sierra

    I uninstalled Bitdefender with the same results. And maybe MS withdrew 14946 because it says there are no updates for 14942!

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    @toppergraph, @ofladrt

    Some AV's cause it to roll back at about 75%. This is an excerpt from the Known Issues with Build 14946 published by MS that I copied from the Feeback Hub announcement. It is also in the post by Shawn here in TF:

    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile - Windows 10 Forums

    Toppergraph, you have Bitdefender installed. Ofladrt check yours and see.

    You will need to disable or temp uninstall these before attempting the upgrade.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


    • If you have 3rd party antivirus products such as Bitdefender, Kaspersky Antivirus, F-Secure Antivirus and Malwarebytes installed on your PC – your PC might not be able to complete the update to this build and roll-back to the previous build.
    • Larger Windows Store games such as ReCore, Gears of War 4, Forza Horizon 3, Killer Instinct and Rise of the Tomb Raider may fail to launch.


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    TC
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Oct 2016 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 28,985
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by jarome View Post
    I uninstalled Bitdefender with the same results. And maybe MS withdrew 14946 because it says there are no updates for 14942!
    @jarome ... that's possible. Follow the announcement thread over here. Seems someone heard MS knows there may be an issue.

    Update KB3199209 for Windows 10 version 1607 - Page 6 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Monitor won't display after latest W10 update install
Hi, new to the forum and I thank any in advance for entertaining this noob's dilemma. I purchased a HP desktop a couple of years ago with W8, upgraded to 8.1 and subsequently to 10. The computer has had no previous issues/problems, until the...
Graphic Cards
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile
786612992179712000 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14946 for PC and Mobile | Windows Experience Blog PC: How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Can't activate clean install of latest Insider Preview under Orcale VB
The Windows 10 Insider Preview I had was at 14393 Anniversary level. It got hosed so I decided to do a clean install of the latest 14396 version. Installed fine but won't activate. Says previous installed OS was not activated. This is a clean...
Windows Insider
Bluetooth Broke with install of latest Cumulative Update to W10
After (finally) installing the latest released Cumulative update on my HP Pavilion dv7, Bluetooth no longer functions properly. Playing Music via Bluetooth to my Beatbox Portable is now "choppy" sounding - behaving like my Laptop is too far away for...
Drivers and Hardware
How to clean install latest Win 10 pro X64 Insider Preview
I am now running Win 10 build 11099.rs1_release.160109-1156 I am having a few problems with "Sleep" (takes 30 seconds before icons are usable) and "Windows Store" downloads don't always work. ie ABC NEWS (installs but won't open. I have been an...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums