Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1.    27 May 2015 #31
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I am afraid you are right. But if they want to ship at the end of June, they are running out of time. The worst that could happen would be if the early shipments are buggy. The press would make a big deal of that.. Then they may need another Mojave Experiment.
    I agree.. the last build was buggy and the start menu should have been nailed down by now, IMO. Having bugs in that is not a good thing at this point in the OS's development.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    27 May 2015 #32
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 7
    W10

    Lol, there is no way to set more than 1 wallpaper now? :|
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    27 May 2015 #33
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by rsc View Post
    Lol, there is no way to set more than 1 wallpaper now? :|
    Do you mean the slide show?? Yes there is..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	20013
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    27 May 2015 #34
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,571
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Drive Policies


    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    removing an USB stick without using eject is possible now, but there was a time we where having problems doing so. I believe in Vista or Win7 do not recall.

    MS fixed this afterworths.
    Quote Originally Posted by batlhilz View Post
    never noticed any problems in win7, however, im glad i skipped the vista-times. havent read any single article saying "Vista is good!"
    It's only a (possible) problem if the "Drive Policies > Removal policy" is set to the "Better performance" option.
    USB drives are usually set to "Quick removal (default)"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Policies.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	20035
    Last edited by lehnerus2000; 27 May 2015 at 11:30. Reason: Picture Added
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    27 May 2015 #35
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,951
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    I am afraid you are right. But if they want to ship at the end of June, they are running out of time. The worst that could happen would be if the early shipments are buggy. The press would make a big deal of that.. Then they may need another Mojave Experiment.
    Yeah, like what the press did to Vista. I had no problems with Vista while I was testing, nor after it RTM'd; however, I was invited to Windows 7 dogfood, so I went for that and forgot about Vista.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    27 May 2015 #36
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Yeah, like what the press did to Vista. I had no problems with Vista while I was testing, nor after it RTM'd; however, I was invited to Windows 7 dogfood, so I went for that and forgot about Vista.
    There will always be anit-MS press and they will always find something to point out that's wrong with any Windows OS. Personally, I don't read nor pay any attention to what they have to say. I go by personal experience.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    28 May 2015 #37
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 403
    Windows 10 X64
    Thread Starter

    Lehnerus,

    i think that is the default option, right?


    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    28 May 2015 #38
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    i think that is the default option, right?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	20088
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    28 May 2015 #39
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 17,951
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16281

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    It's only a (possible) problem if the "Drive Policies > Removal policy" is set to the "Better performance" option.
    USB drives are usually set to "Quick removal (default)"

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Drive Policies.png 
Views:	22 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	20035
    Thank you for this information! I didn't know that.

    BTW, you can get there a little quicker by right clicking Start and selecting Device Manager.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    28 May 2015 #40
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Australia, Adelaide
    Posts : 1,571
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 18.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home (64 bit)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrys View Post
    i think that is the default option, right?
    Yes.
    However if you install "accelerator" software that may be bundled with some drives, it may change that setting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynona View Post
    Thank you for this information! I didn't know that.

    BTW, you can get there a little quicker by right clicking Start and selecting Device Manager.
    That screenshot is from W7.
    I have a shortcut pinned to my Taskbar linked to an "Authored" Computer Management Console.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10122 and bitdefender
Don't try installing bitdefender on build 10122 unless you're very familiar with using safe mode. You'll get the frowny BSOD screen to greet you and a non booting machine.....
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
since build 10122
Ever since build 10122 installed, my PC has been going round and round "Checking for updates." It goes on for hours and hours. It finally ends with " There were some problems installing updates. We'll try again later. error (0x800705b4) This has...
Windows Updates and Activation
Cortana in Build 10122
Cortana in Build 10074 was working in all aspects. Installed 10122 as an update yesterday and Cortana is not working at all. The search function using typing works fine but no Cortana. If go to Cortana Settings, she is turned OFF and I'm not...
Windows Insider
Windows 10 build 10122: Everything you need to know
Read more: http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-10122-everything-you-need-know
Windows 10 News
Sway Preview expands and delivers more feature improvement
Source...
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums