Windows 10: v1607 Insider Preview build settings need attention

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    04 Aug 2016 #1

    v1607 Insider Preview build settings need attention


    After the Anniversary update I have "Your insider preview build settings need attention. Go to Windows Insider Program to fix this issue.". Any idea?


      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    04 Aug 2016 #2

    One option is to login with Microsoft account, start using Insider builds, then stop it again, delete Microsoft acccount and use local account again. The problem is that it appears again if you go to the Windows Insider Program settings menu.
    I'm waiting for advice too, if we can fix it or just wait for Microsoft.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    04 Aug 2016 #3

    What ideas are you looking for? What don't you understand?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    04 Aug 2016 #4

    eddward said: View Post
    One option is to login with Microsoft account, start using Insider builds, then stop it again, delete Microsoft acccount and use local account again. The problem is that it appears again if you go to the Windows Insider Program settings menu.
    I'm waiting for advice too, if we can fix it or just wait for Microsoft.
    I login with Microsoft account, but I can't link a Microsoft account and get started in Insider Program to fix issue.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    04 Aug 2016 #5

    Mystere said: View Post
    What ideas are you looking for? What don't you understand?
    Well, I'm personally not using and have never used any Insider build on desktop PC, so this recommendation what there is showing "Go to Windows Insider Program to fix this issue" is not helping at all. There is no Insider Program, so there is no option to fix anything. Still this "warning" is there.
    It started showing after update from v1511 to v1607 on regular non-insider machine.

    edit:
    so, there is one brute-force option to "remove" this message
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Strings
    (make sure you have a backup) and delete here every entry (except first one).
    however as I said, it will be back as soon as you navigate to Windows Insider Program menu in Settings, so do not touch that
    I hope there will be some proper fix.
    All in all it is basically just a cosmetic thing. (I belive though)
    Last edited by eddward; 04 Aug 2016 at 14:56.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    05 Aug 2016 #6

    eddward said: View Post
    Well, I'm personally not using and have never used any Insider build on desktop PC, so this recommendation what there is showing "Go to Windows Insider Program to fix this issue" is not helping at all. There is no Insider Program, so there is no option to fix anything. Still this "warning" is there.
    It started showing after update from v1511 to v1607 on regular non-insider machine.

    edit:
    so, there is one brute-force option to "remove" this message
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Strings
    (make sure you have a backup) and delete here every entry (except first one).
    however as I said, it will be back as soon as you navigate to Windows Insider Program menu in Settings, so do not touch that
    I hope there will be some proper fix.
    All in all it is basically just a cosmetic thing. (I belive though)
    You can actually just go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Visibility and change DiagnosticErrorText and DiagnosticLink to 0 instead of 1 and you get the same result .. and if you go back to the Insiders page it will return like you say...

    This could be an issue with your PC .. I have noticed weird warnings like this before ... saying that Admin Policies have made changes or something like that even though I never modified any policies... turns out that its Spybot Anti-Beacon which is used to stop a lot of Microsoft's spying crap in Windows 10 ... So if you use that ... this error may be because of that and probably can be ignored.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    05 Aug 2016 #7

    eddward said: View Post
    Well, I'm personally not using and have never used any Insider build on desktop PC, so this recommendation what there is showing "Go to Windows Insider Program to fix this issue" is not helping at all. There is no Insider Program, so there is no option to fix anything. Still this "warning" is there.
    It started showing after update from v1511 to v1607 on regular non-insider machine.

    edit:
    so, there is one brute-force option to "remove" this message
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Strings
    (make sure you have a backup) and delete here every entry (except first one).
    however as I said, it will be back as soon as you navigate to Windows Insider Program menu in Settings, so do not touch that
    I hope there will be some proper fix.
    All in all it is basically just a cosmetic thing. (I belive though)
    Thank you, it worked. It was annoying to see this red line even if it was "cosmetic" .
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       06 Aug 2016 #8

    Mystere said: View Post
    What ideas are you looking for? What don't you understand?
    Ideas mean solutions. If you don't want to answer just ignore the post but don't need to be rude.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 901
    Windows IP 16199 Windows 14393.1198
       06 Aug 2016 #9

    eddward said: View Post
    Well, I'm personally not using and have never used any Insider build on desktop PC, so this recommendation what there is showing "Go to Windows Insider Program to fix this issue" is not helping at all. There is no Insider Program, so there is no option to fix anything. Still this "warning" is there.
    It started showing after update from v1511 to v1607 on regular non-insider machine.

    edit:
    so, there is one brute-force option to "remove" this message
    navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\UI\Strings
    (make sure you have a backup) and delete here every entry (except first one).
    however as I said, it will be back as soon as you navigate to Windows Insider Program menu in Settings, so do not touch that
    I hope there will be some proper fix.
    All in all it is basically just a cosmetic thing. (I belive though)
    Thanks for posting the solution +1 rep for you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    06 Aug 2016 #10

    brummyfan said: View Post
    Ideas mean solutions. If you don't want to answer just ignore the post but don't need to be rude.
    I know what ideas means. I wasn't being rude, I didn't understand what they were looking for because they didn't clearly define what their problem was. Posting an image and then saying "Any ideas?" doesn't tell me what you want to fix.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Hi, I wanna stop the insider preview build 14271 and revert back to 10586 but I ran into a problem, first I went to Settings>Update and Security>Advanced Options and chose 'Stop insider preview builds', there's a popup which shows a 'blank'...
UPDATE: 742889757512867840 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14366 Mobile Build 14364 | Windows Experience Blog
Got this message under Get Insider Builds, under Settings>Update and Security> Windows update> Advanced options. Tried "Fix Me" button. Restart changed nothing. Finally found an answer to this that worked; thought I'd share it here. The only...
Solved Not getting new Insider Preview Build 14328 in Windows Updates and Activation
Currently running Build 14316.rs1, Release 160402-2217 I'm set in the Fast Ring and Registry settings are correct. Has been downloaded and installed on my other W-10 PC. I don't see any Google comments on not receiving the new Build 14328. Am I...
Gabe tweeted: Back from Barcelona. Now where did I put that button?... Gabriel Aul on Twitter:
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:45.
Find Us