Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       01 May 2015 #71

    CountMike said: View Post
    Just noticed an oddity, Recycle bin shows as it has something in it even when empty. As soon as boot is finished it shows full, click on it and it reverts back to empty icon.
    Same thing here on my PC. No idea but it's likely a bug.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Hartselle
    Posts : 234
    Windows 10 Pro 14393.693
       01 May 2015 #72

    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm p*ssed that this is gone!

    Attachment 18108

    I tried to match my Start Menu color with my navigation pane and I can't anymore!

    Attachment 18109
    Open Control Panel and in Search Control Panel type Color. In the Personalization section choose Change the color of your taskbar and windows borders and then pick your color and finally click Show Color Mixer down-arrow. Hope this helps.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Canada
    Posts : 800
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       01 May 2015 #73

    tracit99 said: View Post
    Open Control Panel and in Search Control Panel type Color. In the Personalization section choose Change the color of your taskbar and windows borders and then pick your color and finally click Show Color Mixer down-arrow. Hope this helps.
    This works great tracit99, using the brightness slider I was able to change my logon screen color back to Black.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
       01 May 2015 #74

    [QUOTE=Ztruker;232338]My only objection to moving everything into PC Setting is UAC must be enabled. I prefer to run with UAC off but I have to switch back and forth now.

    Let me use PC Setting with UAC disabled and I'd be fairly content with it.

    If i were you i wouldn't disable UAC.
    Reed this.

    What is UAC (User Account Control) Why You Should Not Turn it Off
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       01 May 2015 #75

    tracit99 said: View Post
    Open Control Panel and in Search Control Panel type Color. In the Personalization section choose Change the color of your taskbar and windows borders and then pick your color and finally click Show Color Mixer down-arrow. Hope this helps.
    That does not seem to work for high contrast themes. I could not chose any colors. It does just nothing.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       01 May 2015 #76

    [QUOTE=silv55;232600]
    Ztruker said: View Post
    My only objection to moving everything into PC Setting is UAC must be enabled. I prefer to run with UAC off but I have to switch back and forth now.

    Let me use PC Setting with UAC disabled and I'd be fairly content with it.

    If i were you i wouldn't disable UAC.
    Reed this.

    What is UAC (User Account Control) Why You Should Not Turn it Off
    I have nothing against UAC but I also personally disable it. Why? I also don't like the constant pop-up everytime I click something. If I click it, that means it's intentional. I keep an updated image backup. So if I screw up because UAC did not prevent any changes I accidentally made, I can go back immediately to previous state like nothing happened. Virus? There's a frontliner on any PC to deal with that. But then again, image restoration can deal with it if something goes wrong.
    Bottomline, I see nothing wrong disabling it since I am the only user on this PC and I have a complete trust on what I am doing and I always have Plan A and Plan B in case of screw ups.

    EDIT

    But I rarely commit screw ups. If I do, I'd be thankful because that is my chance to "refresh" my PC and get rid of all the junks.
    But this is just me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 7,002
    All kinds
       01 May 2015 #77

    What about Store and Apps, they don't want to work with UAC disabled ?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
       01 May 2015 #78

    [QUOTE=badrobot;232611]
    silv55 said: View Post

    I have nothing against UAC but I also personally disable it. Why? I also don't like the constant pop-up everytime I click something. If I click it, that means it's intentional. I keep an updated image backup. So if I screw up because UAC did not prevent any changes I accidentally made, I can go back immediately to previous state like nothing happened. Virus? There's a frontliner on any PC to deal with that. But then again, image restoration can deal with it if something goes wrong.
    Bottomline, I see nothing wrong disabling it since I am the only user on this PC and I have a complete trust on what I am doing on it and I always have Plan A and Plan B in case of screw ups. But this is just me.

    Well UAC doesn't bother me,maybe you're talking about pop ups in IE! those pop ups bother me and most times blocks some sites that i need to visit to get my Sports streams,.
    That's why i use Google Chrome and AD-block Plus add block element to protect me from bad adware malware and virus, google chrome never gives me pop ups notification, that i can't navigate to this or that site or watch this or that stream, just blocks those damn dangerous adds where virus ride on and that's it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,289
    Win 10 Pro x64
       01 May 2015 #79

    [QUOTE=silv55;232615]
    badrobot said: View Post


    Well UAC doesn't bother me,what bothers me is IE that always giving notifications and most times blocks some sites that i need to visit to get my Sports streams,that's why i use Google Chrome and AD-block Plus to protect me from bad adware malware and virus.
    Ad-block does not protect you from malware and virus. It just prevents unwanted ads from popping up. The "plus" is just a marketing thing. But don't rely on it. Use SuperAntiSpyware.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
       01 May 2015 #80

    [QUOTE=badrobot;232618]
    silv55 said: View Post

    Ad-block does not protect you from malware and virus. It just prevents unwanted ads from popping up. The "plus" is just a marketing thing. But don't rely on it. Use SuperAntiSpyware.
    Not true, adds carry malware and virus,i tested that by disabling Add-block and clicked those X's that you have to exit in order to see the stream and pc got infected.

    i never use any virus protection or malware protection besides the Defender.

    just do a test, go to ''firstrawsports'' disable add-block and see what i'm talking about
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10159 impressions
Ok I'll start... - Seems quite stable and fast/responsive - Touch systray up arrow expander icon and then touch desktop bug still exists from 10158 - 2 random icons at the top of the All Apps list still there from 10158 - BUG: Bad...
Windows Insider
Build 10158 Impressions
22803 22804 Taskbar's User Interface -Progress Meters on taskbar icons are back to flowing horizontally, and are back to being green when playing, yellow when paused. Attention-Needed status is back to being orange. The open-app status...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10122 Impressions
Left-Over Build 6900 Errors which manifested over time. Initial Build 10122 Impressions/Troubles: Mini Display Port & Re-Upgrade to Win10 Tech Preview Issues: Mini Display Error Fixed... Somehow
Windows Insider
Win10 build 10061 Impressions
- I'm honestly still not sure if my Build 10061 is buggered-up or not. 17509 - "fbl_impressive professional 10061" downloaded and installed build 10061 on my machine. Now a new update called "(TWS) fbl_impressive professional 10066" refuses to...
Windows Insider
Installed Windows 10 build 10041 to main drive. First impressions...
Getting a SSD soon to install Windows 8.1.1, so I figured I'd try this out on bare metal before I replace the drive as my main. I tried an earlier build in a VM and thought it was alright, but I can't really test it in a thorough way through a VM....
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:55.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums