Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 87
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #21

    Oh, I hadn't seen that Kari! Thanks! I will give it a go when I get home to my laptop.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 322
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32
       30 Apr 2015 #22

    Running 10074, I'm struck with all the 'takeaways' from MS.

    I'm talking about simple things I used to do in earlier versions of Windows, even Windows 10, like.....

    A simple right click on the desktop, then a click on 'Properties' got me into the desktop setup page, where I could select my desktop theme, set up my Slide Show, set my screen blanker, if I wanted one, or disabling it if I didn't want one. ETC.

    Now it's a total mess! I can't do anything like I used to, as to setting up the looks of my desktop. Why change something that just worked so well????? I don't understand their thinking. Arggggggh!

    I WORK from my desktop, and I don't want it messed around with!!!
    If the final release of Windows 10 is anything like I'm seeing with build 10074, then I'll NEVER run Windows 10 as my own OS.



    PS: OH, and I worked for almost an hour, to get an icon for my AV program, to show up in the System Tray. NO GO! In previous builds, MS made it harder to set what I see in the System Tray, but now I can't do it at all. Grrrrrrr!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       30 Apr 2015 #23

    That does not sound too promising. Mine is still trying to download (for the 7th time since yesterday). Maybe I should stop it and just stick with what I have. I am so glad I have this bugger in virtual - at least it can operate in the background and does not bother me.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  4.    30 Apr 2015 #24

    TechnoMage said: View Post
    Now it's a total mess!
    Yeah, it's a mess, but they're busy incorporating all Control items to 'Settings'. I figure if they did it all in one fell swoop, we may all have to give up on life!

    I have a suspicion that the final out come of W10 may not be all that pleasing to die hard desktop fans! I'll admit I'm a little skeptical at times.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #25

    TechnoMage said: View Post
    Running 10074, I'm struck with all the 'takeaways' from MS.

    I'm talking about simple things I used to do in earlier versions of Windows, even Windows 10, like.....

    A simple right click on the desktop, then a click on 'Properties' got me into the desktop setup page, where I could select my desktop theme, set up my Slide Show, set my screen blanker, if I wanted one, or disabling it if I didn't want one. ETC.

    Now it's a total mess! I can't do anything like I used to, as to setting up the looks of my desktop. Why change something that just worked so well????? I don't understand their thinking. Arggggggh!

    I WORK from my desktop, and I don't want it messed around with!!!
    If the final release of Windows 10 is anything like I'm seeing with build 10074, then I'll NEVER run Windows 10 as my own OS.



    PS: OH, and I worked for almost an hour, to get an icon for my AV program, to show up in the System Tray. NO GO! In previous builds, MS made it harder to set what I see in the System Tray, but now I can't do it at all. Grrrrrrr!
    You can still make use of the slide show for the desktop:
    Check this out:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	18053
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7
       30 Apr 2015 #26

    There is progress. I made it this far after a lot of trials.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-30_1313.png 
Views:	506 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	18054
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 2,923
    Windows 10 Pro
       30 Apr 2015 #27

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    .
    3 Spartan is ok.. still not working perfect for posting to this forum.
    And it likely won't, until the forum software is updated.

    The main difference between IE and Spartan is that Spartan drops all backwards compatibility. The forum software depends on that backwards compatibility to function, so basically... the forum software is broken. If you use the F12 developer tools, you will notice that the forum software forces IE9 compatibility mode, which doesn't work in Spartan.

    The authors need to update their software to work with standards compliance.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,939
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       30 Apr 2015 #28

    Mystere said: View Post
    And it likely won't, until the forum software is updated.

    The main difference between IE and Spartan is that Spartan drops all backwards compatibility. The forum software depends on that backwards compatibility to function, so basically... the forum software is broken. If you use the F12 developer tools, you will notice that the forum software forces IE9 compatibility mode, which doesn't work in Spartan.

    The authors need to update their software to work with standards compliance.
    Thanks for the information.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec

  9.    30 Apr 2015 #29

    whs said: View Post
    There is progress. I made it this far after a lot of trials.
    Crossin my fingers for ya!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Feb 2015
    Posts : 111
    Win 10 Preview
       30 Apr 2015 #30

    Hi guys ; is this build 10074 on slow or fast updates?,
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10159 impressions
Ok I'll start... - Seems quite stable and fast/responsive - Touch systray up arrow expander icon and then touch desktop bug still exists from 10158 - 2 random icons at the top of the All Apps list still there from 10158 - BUG: Bad...
Windows Insider
Build 10158 Impressions
22803 22804 Taskbar's User Interface -Progress Meters on taskbar icons are back to flowing horizontally, and are back to being green when playing, yellow when paused. Attention-Needed status is back to being orange. The open-app status...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10122 Impressions
Left-Over Build 6900 Errors which manifested over time. Initial Build 10122 Impressions/Troubles: Mini Display Port & Re-Upgrade to Win10 Tech Preview Issues: Mini Display Error Fixed... Somehow
Windows Insider
Win10 build 10061 Impressions
- I'm honestly still not sure if my Build 10061 is buggered-up or not. 17509 - "fbl_impressive professional 10061" downloaded and installed build 10061 on my machine. Now a new update called "(TWS) fbl_impressive professional 10066" refuses to...
Windows Insider
Installed Windows 10 build 10041 to main drive. First impressions...
Getting a SSD soon to install Windows 8.1.1, so I figured I'd try this out on bare metal before I replace the drive as my main. I tried an earlier build in a VM and thought it was alright, but I can't really test it in a thorough way through a VM....
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 13:56.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums