Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1.    25 Apr 2015 #71
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Manchester CT
    Posts : 358
    Windows 10 Fast Ring

    Installation took 22 minutes from start to finish. Everything worked well at first. I cleaned up the windows.old folder by deleting as much of the content inside as I could and let unlocker handle the rest.
    http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/#download

    Like the 100041 install, both the Start Menu button and Project Spartan worked after the install but a day later, stopped working. with build 10041, A couple of days later, they started working again. I am hoping the same thing happens on this build, heh. Just noticed that the action center stopped working as well.

    EDIT: dang, NOTHING of MS is working on the task bar. Search, store, Spartan, Start Menu, all have stopped working. Task view is the only thing working.
    I tried refreshing apps, did not work. Tried refreshing PC and it errors out.
    Last edited by John Pombrio; 26 Apr 2015 at 00:06.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    26 Apr 2015 #72
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,187
    W10 Insider + Linux

    Quote Originally Posted by John Pombrio View Post
    Installation took 22 minutes from start to finish. Everything worked well at first. I cleaned up the windows.old folder by deleting as much of the content inside as I could and let unlocker handle the rest.
    http://www.emptyloop.com/unlocker/#download

    Like the 100041 install, both the Start Menu button and Project Spartan worked after the install but a day later, stopped working. with build 10041, A couple of days later, they started working again. I am hoping the same thing happens on this build, heh. Just noticed that the action center stopped working as well.

    EDIT: dang, NOTHING of MS is working on the task bar. Search, store, Spartan, Start Menu, all have stopped working. Task view is the only thing working.
    I tried refreshing apps, did not work. Tried refreshing PC and it errors out.
    Try them "As administrator" where available.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    26 Apr 2015 #73

    Hi there

    You need to Open file location then ==>send to desktop (create short cut). You can then pin to task bar (and remove desktop short cut if you want) --then it all works.

    The easiest way though if you want to avoid doing a Clean install (ESD==>ISO) is to create a custom toolbar and add all the programs you want to it.

    The start menu / launching apps problem was a known bug --iit was listed in the problems with the build release.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    26 Apr 2015 #74
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Posts : 16
    OSX/Linux/Windows

    Well, i am done with testing Windows 10 Technical Previews! To many little annoyances! Like:

    Sometimes missing icons on taskbar
    Sometimes unresponsive
    Problems ejecting USB attached HD's (not when it's a memory stick) *this has never been a problem with Windows 7/8 or 8.1

    I'll wait for a Consumer Preview and hope it will be more stable!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    26 Apr 2015 #75
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    Quote Originally Posted by x3mgroup View Post
    Well, i am done with testing Windows 10 Technical Previews! To many little annoyances! Like:

    Sometimes missing icons on taskbar
    Sometimes unresponsive
    Problems ejecting USB attached HD's (not when it's a memory stick) *this has never been a problem with Windows 7/8 or 8.1

    I'll wait for a Consumer Preview and hope it will be more stable!
    This is exactly why we're testing it though, the Tech Previews are there for us to find these bugs and report them to MS. Have you reported these issues to MS?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    26 Apr 2015 #76
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    - Cortana still not working as expected,
    - People app not working.
    That's about it; other than that it's okay so far.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    27 Apr 2015 #77
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    There is a problem with the Notifications. Some notifications say "click here" to perform a certain action, but there is no way to click - nothing happens.

    And I still have this blackout on my taskbar. I made the color I set in the high definition theme orange so that it can be clearly seen on the picture. Parts of the task tray has the color I set, but most was blackened out. And there is no way to correct that.


    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-27_1547.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	17839
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    27 Apr 2015 #78
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,136
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by whs View Post
    And I still have this blackout on my taskbar. I made the color I set in the high definition theme orange so that it can be clearly seen on the picture. Parts of the task tray has the color I set, but most was blackened out. And there is no way to correct that.
    Switch to default theme then back again, works for me.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    27 Apr 2015 #79
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 1,962
    Windows 7

    Thanks Edwin. I will try that.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    27 Apr 2015 #80
    Join Date : Mar 2015
    Posts : 87
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    You need to run the first update manually to get the drivers including graphics driver.
    I've been having some issues with this. See my post here. I can't get it to run manually because it runs automatically whether I want it to or not, then it breaks my screen and I have to reinstall....... Any ideas? It was your post that led me to the cause (the winupdate driver) (thank you!) so I thought maybe you might have an idea. Thanks
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10159 impressions
Ok I'll start... - Seems quite stable and fast/responsive - Touch systray up arrow expander icon and then touch desktop bug still exists from 10158 - 2 random icons at the top of the All Apps list still there from 10158 - BUG: Bad...
Windows Insider
Build 10158 Impressions
22803 22804 Taskbar's User Interface -Progress Meters on taskbar icons are back to flowing horizontally, and are back to being green when playing, yellow when paused. Attention-Needed status is back to being orange. The open-app status...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10130 Impressions
Notification Center aka Action Center not working? I think MS need to pick one of these names and stick with it. Considering notifications are stuck here, I vote for Notification Center. Action Center doesn't even make any sense. If not, they're...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10122 Impressions
Left-Over Build 6900 Errors which manifested over time. Initial Build 10122 Impressions/Troubles: Mini Display Port & Re-Upgrade to Win10 Tech Preview Issues: Mini Display Error Fixed... Somehow
Windows Insider
Win10 build 10049 Impressions
Note: Had an early Tech Preview on an old laptop, but in general it was too old and 'freez-y' to do anything meanwhile with. Bided my time until 'Tablet Mode' was said to be working on Surface Pro's, and now I'm going into Build 10049 pretty much as...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:31.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums