1.    03 Jul 2016 #1
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    New Zealand
    Posts : 30
    win 10 Pro Insider

    Windows insider not updating.


    UI have 6 machines all running the same version of Windows 10. BUT 1 should be on the insider preview updating system but it's not working, so it's running the same as all the other machines. 10586.420 1511 and being on the fast track is not working. Any help would be appreciated.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    03 Jul 2016 #2
    Join Date : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 3,986
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint

    Version 1511 Build 10586.xxx is not the Insider Preview. The Released/RTM version was originally released as the Free Upgrade Version 10240 nearly a year ago and updated to 1511 in November 2015 [1511]. My Insider Preview is now at Version 1607 Build 14379.0. I have kept the Technical Preview/Insider Preview on a non-production Desktop.

    Note: I've set up a few new computers in the last month that came with Version 10240 installed, had some updates to do.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    03 Jul 2016 #3
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,693
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by David H View Post
    UI have 6 machines all running the same version of Windows 10. BUT 1 should be on the insider preview updating system but it's not working, so it's running the same as all the other machines. 10586.420 1511 and being on the fast track is not working. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berton View Post
    Version 1511 Build 10586.xxx is not the Insider Preview. The Released/RTM version was originally released as the Free Upgrade Version 10240 nearly a year ago and updated to 1511 in November 2015 [1511]. My Insider Preview is now at Version 1607 Build 14379.0. I have kept the Technical Preview/Insider Preview on a non-production Desktop.

    Note: I've set up a few new computers in the last month that came with Version 10240 installed, had some updates to do.
    It sounds like what the OP (David H) is trying to say is that one or more of his computers, all of which appear to be on current build 10586.420, should be updating to latest Insider Build because he set them to Fast. I think he already knows 10586.xxx is NOT Insider, hence his question of "Why no Insider?". I think he's looking for help trying to get it to update to Insider.

    Maybe the OP could clarify this.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    03 Jul 2016 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    New Zealand
    Posts : 30
    win 10 Pro Insider
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    It sounds like what the OP (David H) is trying to say is that one or more of his computers, all of which appear to be on current build 10586.420, should be updating to latest Insider Build because he set them to Fast. I think he already knows 10586.xxx is NOT Insider, hence his question of "Why no Insider?". I think he's looking for help trying to get it to update to Insider.

    Maybe the OP could clarify this.
    I have 5 that are on the normal use. Media Center Laptops etc etc.
    And 1 that has been built as an Insider preview box. And that one is set on the fast track, and it is logged in under my Windows Email, and not a local login. it has just got to 1511 and stopped updating.

    It's a core 2 Duo E6550 Running at 2.33Ghz
    4 gigs of DDR2 PC6400 Ram
    HP xw4000 workstation Motherboard with twin PCIe x16 slots.
    2x160 gig HDDs running in achi mode
    And an old Nvidia Quatro nv290 video card.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    04 Jul 2016 #5
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 29,693
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    David, on the machine that stopped updating, you may want to try the steps in this tutorial. Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums It will reset the Windows Update cache and try to clear any flags that may be preventing a download.

    You may also visit this Microsoft site to download the official ISO for build 14366, the latest they have an ISO available for. You will need to sign in with your MS account and choose the correct version. This can be used to do the Update yourself. You can the burn the ISO to a DVD or create a Thumb drive, if you wish. You can move the ISO to an external drive. In either case, simply mount (open with explorer, not Boot) the ISO and run the Setup.exe. Run it as Administrator. It will run identically as if you had downloaded the Update. Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

    Check these options and see if it helps. TC...
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    04 Jul 2016 #6
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    New Zealand
    Posts : 30
    win 10 Pro Insider
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    David, on the machine that stopped updating, you may want to try the steps in this tutorial. Windows Update - Reset in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums It will reset the Windows Update cache and try to clear any flags that may be preventing a download.

    You may also visit this Microsoft site to download the official ISO for build 14366, the latest they have an ISO available for. You will need to sign in with your MS account and choose the correct version. This can be used to do the Update yourself. You can the burn the ISO to a DVD or create a Thumb drive, if you wish. You can move the ISO to an external drive. In either case, simply mount (open with explorer, not Boot) the ISO and run the Setup.exe. Run it as Administrator. It will run identically as if you had downloaded the Update. Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO Advanced

    Check these options and see if it helps. TC...
    Cheers for that I have already started the D/L. Damn I wish they would lay the Fibre in my street then i'll get a good speed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    04 Jul 2016 #7
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    New Zealand
    Posts : 30
    win 10 Pro Insider
    Thread Starter

    Cheers for that have d/loaded the ISO and am installing it as we speak..
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Windows Update & Activation Change Windows 10 Insider Program Ring Level
How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your Windows 10 PC If you set to get Insider Preview builds on your Windows 10 PC, then you can choose your Insider level to be a ring below for how soon new Insider preview builds will be made available...
Tutorials
Windows Phone Windows 10 Mobile Insider Program - Change Insider Level
How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on Windows 10 Mobile Phone If you joined the Windows Insider Program on your Windows 10 Mobile phone, then you will get the latest Insider preview builds for your phone. You can choose your Insider level...
Tutorials
Should Windows Insider Program be replaced with Microsoft Insider Prog
Should the Windows Insider Program be replaced with the Microsoft Insider Program? Gabe tweeted this: 661245233624055809
Windows Insider
Help! Updating from Windows 10 Insider build
Hi I really hope someone can help me here. Before Windows 10 was officially released, I decided to join the Windows 10 Insider Program and upgrade my Windows 7 PC to a Windows 10 preview build. I bitterly regret doing this because I can't get the...
Installation and Upgrade
Are you fast updating or slow updating?
I'm just wondering what everyone is doing, and why?
Windows Updates and Activation
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:38.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums