Windows 10: 14352 never resumes from sleep

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    01 Jun 2016 #1

    14352 never resumes from sleep


    Is anyone running 14352 on a laptop?

    For me it will not resume from sleep. It opens a blue screen with the spinning circle thing and sits there until I hard power off.

    The mouse cursor works OK but nothing else.

    I was asked in the notification center why I repeatedly powered off the PC which is new (good) thing.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 6,521
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       02 Jun 2016 #2

    lx07 said: View Post
    Is anyone running 14352 on a laptop?

    For me it will not resume from sleep. It opens a blue screen with the spinning circle thing and sits there until I hard power off.

    The mouse cursor works OK but nothing else.

    I was asked in the notification center why I repeatedly powered off the PC which is new (good) thing.
    This happened to me on desktop. Maybe twice - not sure. The second time hitting on Enter helped (maybe one of the other keys I pressed ?).

    First time I have to reset PC also, but I didn't try so hard.

    Edit: I have run sfc /scannow, checkdisk and cleaned temporary files. That seems to help a bit. I have this happened twice the first day after upgrade, then only once more yesterday.

    I was thinking of clean install, but change my mind later.
    Last edited by AndreTen; 02 Jun 2016 at 12:37.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 165
    Windows 8 9200 RTM+IVI!CRU$0FT WEndowz teen
       02 Jun 2016 #3

    Just wait for it to resume
    it take long
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 15,592
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       02 Jun 2016 #4

    lx07 said: View Post
    Is anyone running 14352 on a laptop?

    For me it will not resume from sleep. It opens a blue screen with the spinning circle thing and sits there until I hard power off.

    The mouse cursor works OK but nothing else.

    I was asked in the notification center why I repeatedly powered off the PC which is new (good) thing.
    I haven't turned on Lappy since 14352 dropped, but I've had laptops refuse to wake up a number of times, not only in Windows 10. If they go into a deep sleep (hybernation?), I have to press the power button to get them to wake up . . . then they resume . . .
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    03 Jun 2016 #5

    I have hibernation turned off with powercfg -h off

    I have found spamming the right mouse and space bar sometimes brings me back to the log-in screen. Most times it just sits on the blue screen with the spinning circle.

    Normally though it doesn't work and I have to hard power-off which isn't terrible but a little annoying.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 6,521
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       03 Jun 2016 #6

    Numlock key sometimes works for me. This is harder with notebook, but worth a try.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    03 Jun 2016 #7

    I haven't got a numlock key unfortunately. Or a delete key. Or an insert key.

    I'm running Windows on a MacBook and apparently when it comes to the number of buttons on the keyboard their philosophie is less is more....

    It didn't do it until the last 2 or 3 builds so I'm sort of hoping it will go away again.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 15,592
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       03 Jun 2016 #8

    lx07 said: View Post
    I haven't got a numlock key unfortunately. Or a delete key. Or an insert key.

    I'm running Windows on a MacBook and apparently when it comes to the number of buttons on the keyboard their philosophie is less is more....

    It didn't do it until the last 2 or 3 builds so I'm sort of hoping it will go away again.
    When I have a problem that lasts more than a couple of Builds, I do a clean install. Reason being that upgrades/updates can sometimes bring bad habits to the new upgrade/update. Since this is a test machine, I don't have to worry about losing any information.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    03 Jun 2016 #9

    Wynona said: View Post
    When I have a problem that lasts more than a couple of Builds, I do a clean install. Reason being that upgrades/updates can sometimes bring bad habits to the new upgrade/update. Since this is a test machine, I don't have to worry about losing any information.
    I should do that, I know. Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and upgraded my main PC to insider build (I thought it was stable and mostly it is). I'm too lazy to do a clean install today - perhaps over the weekend. It has been 6 months so it is due for a refresh anyway - I think you are correct
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 15,592
    Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16241
       03 Jun 2016 #10

    lx07 said: View Post
    I should do that, I know. Unfortunately I got a bit carried away and upgraded my main PC to insider build (I thought it was stable and mostly it is). I'm too lazy to do a clean install today - perhaps over the weekend. It has been 6 months so it is due for a refresh anyway - I think you are correct
    You didn't! Really, you did!?

    Sorry, StarFerret reached over my shoulder and typed/clicked those!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
When the volume is muted, it remains active, but the system sees it as disabled. Look at this pictures: http://imgur.com/a/4agzU If you want upvote this problem, my feedback is here: ...
Since 14352 some websites in all browsers (IE, Edge, Firefox) show up in a strange font instead of the usual. If I disable the option "use websites own font-encoding" the font returns to normal - though other sites then appear weirdly. The...
14352 - Another bug (EDGE) in Windows Insider
BUG details: feedback-hub:?contextid=356&feedbackid=32dcba66-bd4f-49f3-92c6-b1e0c1c56197&form=1&src=2 Screens: CLICK If you have this problem, upvote.
Windows 10 Mobile 14352 coming on Tuesday for Insiders Source: http://www.windowslatest.com/2016/05/29/windows-10-mobile-build-14352-coming-tuesday-insiders/
Microsoft is now previewing Hyper-V Containers on Windows 10 with build 14352 82078 Read more: http://www.winbeta.org/news/microsoft-now-previewing-hyper-v-containers-windows-10-build-14352
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:32.
Find Us