Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 230
    10
       14 Apr 2015 #51

    I've been using Win10 as my primary OS for a week or two now (upgraded from Win8.1 as I was too lazy to reinstall everything)
    I usually sleep it when not using it as my CPU fan tends to be running a lot (I have a lot of things running).

    I am having issues with Firefox when resuming from sleep (I've also tried rebooting and that doesn't seem to help).
    It takes forever for the page(s) to load (I typically have 20+ tabs open) and I have to launch Flash videos twice before they will play.
    After fighting through this for the first several minutes things tend to settle down and work normally.

    I'll live with it this way for now. Eventually I'll get a new system, will put a clean copy of Win10 on it, and then will wade through installing all of my specialized stuff onto it. Not looking forward to that.

    EDIT: Just found 34 instances of Flash running in Task Manager
    Last edited by usasma; 14 Apr 2015 at 07:00.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       14 Apr 2015 #52

    usasma said: View Post
    I've been using Win10 as my primary OS for a week or two now (upgraded from Win8.1 as I was too lazy to reinstall everything)
    I usually sleep it when not using it as my CPU fan tends to be running a lot (I have a lot of things running).

    I am having issues with Firefox when resuming from sleep (I've also tried rebooting and that doesn't seem to help).
    It takes forever for the page(s) to load (I typically have 20+ tabs open) and I have to launch Flash videos twice before they will play.
    After fighting through this for the first several minutes things tend to settle down and work normally.

    I'll live with it this way for now. Eventually I'll get a new system, will put a clean copy of Win10 on it, and then will wade through installing all of my specialized stuff onto it. Not looking forward to that.

    EDIT: Just found 34 instances of Flash running in Task Manager
    Just a "shot in the dark", but the first thing I would do is to reinstall Firefox. Next, I would go into Device Manager and look for stuff that may show it's not working properly. Sometimes things aren't as they seem.

    In mine, Bluetooth showed a yellow splat. I updated the drivers in that and voila! Everything network finally works as it should. There were two Bluetooth devices that are network associated that I guess Windows needed; Personal Area Network and RFCOMM Protocol TDI.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Posts : 230
    10
       16 Apr 2015 #53

    No issues in Device Manager - but this is an upgrade from Win8.1
    It did have problems in Device Manager then (the AMD graphics card wasn't signed properly - Samsung requires an Intel signature, go figure!) - but those problems are gone now.

    The bad video card thing caused me to not be able to play games. So I'll have to try that after the next couple of steps:
    - installation of the Win10 developer tools preview
    - backup and re-installation of Firefox
    - back of the entire system (and verification of the Acronis and Western Digital software that I'm using from Win8.1)

    For many, many years I have advised against upgrade installs of Windows. I was hoping that this one would be different.
    Despite my initial pleasure at the success of the upgrade, I'm finding too many little issues that detract from my experience.
    I'm probably going to end up wiping this drive and installing W10 clean - but that'll require several days of work, so it's not going to happen soon.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 5
    Windows 8
       22 Apr 2015 #54

    Hello, I'm using HC-Daybreak theme on Win 8
    Special Themes (AeroLite and High Contrast variations) - Page 4
    You can see if it works with Win 10, and post some screens, please?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,930
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Apr 2015 #55

    Pallocchio said: View Post
    Hello, I'm using HC-Daybreak theme on Win 8
    Special Themes (AeroLite and High Contrast variations) - Page 4
    You can see if it works with Win 10, and post some screens, please?
    I think it would be best if you did that testing yourself.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       22 Apr 2015 #56

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I think it would be best if you did that testing yourself.
    Good idea. . .I detest testing for others. . .it always messes up my system. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,930
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Apr 2015 #57

    Lee said: View Post
    Good idea. . .I detest testing for others. . .it always messes up my system. . .
    Correct.. it just feels like I'm doing someone else homework and that I totally detest. Give it a try and we can help if needed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Feb 2015
    Bamberg Germany
    Posts : 12,889
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393 Multiprocessor Free
       22 Apr 2015 #58

    I test for myself-- I post results for others.... That is what pre-alpha, alpha & beta testing is all about if you're not a Developer.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Mar 2015
    Posts : 616
    Windows 10
       22 Apr 2015 #59

    ksdixon said: View Post
    i'm all about having things at a glance, or in as less mouse clicks as possible.
    So you place your taskbar as far as possible on the left? How does that make any sense?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,930
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       22 Apr 2015 #60

    fracking4oil said: View Post
    So you place your taskbar as far as possible on the left? How does that make any sense?
    It doesn't have to mak sense to you.. as long as the user digs it that's all that matters.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10158 Impressions
22803 22804 Taskbar's User Interface -Progress Meters on taskbar icons are back to flowing horizontally, and are back to being green when playing, yellow when paused. Attention-Needed status is back to being orange. The open-app status...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10130 Impressions
Notification Center aka Action Center not working? I think MS need to pick one of these names and stick with it. Considering notifications are stuck here, I vote for Notification Center. Action Center doesn't even make any sense. If not, they're...
Windows Insider
Win10 Build 10122 Impressions
Left-Over Build 6900 Errors which manifested over time. Initial Build 10122 Impressions/Troubles: Mini Display Port & Re-Upgrade to Win10 Tech Preview Issues: Mini Display Error Fixed... Somehow
Windows Insider
Win10 build 10061 Impressions
- I'm honestly still not sure if my Build 10061 is buggered-up or not. 17509 - "fbl_impressive professional 10061" downloaded and installed build 10061 on my machine. Now a new update called "(TWS) fbl_impressive professional 10066" refuses to...
Windows Insider
Installation of Win10 build 10049 borked by update from MS
I have managed to install Win10 build 10049 and get the Project Spartan icon to appear on the task bar. Spartan appeared to be working so I left the machine to do something else and an update arrived from MS which caused a Restart and after that...
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums