Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    21 Apr 2016 #11
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 223
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Who's better than you. Thanks again. do you need my email or do I have to friend you or can it come right thru the forum and I'll get an email notification that way. I think I just answered my own question....Haha


    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    No problem and if the update doesn't happen today I can give you the ESD for 14316
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    21 Apr 2016 #12
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by AFTommy View Post
    Who's better than you. Thanks again. do you need my email or do I have to friend you or can it come right thru the forum and I'll get an email notification that way. I think I just answered my own question....Haha
    Just PM me your email address and I can go from there.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    21 Apr 2016 #13
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 476
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint

    Had you tried using Disk Cleanup and using the advanced options to remove previous windows installations and temp files?

    I've found great success in doing that, and then waiting 30 to an hour, and the update will hit the machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    21 Apr 2016 #14
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 223
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks RW ill give that a shot

    QUOTE=RWOne;644607]Had you tried using Disk Cleanup and using the advanced options to remove previous windows installations and temp files?

    I've found great success in doing that, and then waiting 30 to an hour, and the update will hit the machine.[/QUOTE]
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    21 Apr 2016 #15
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    PA, USA
    Posts : 476
    Windows 10 Pro (Mix of Builds) / Linux Mint

    No problem. We might get a new build today or tomorrow as well, so doing that you would be clean and ready ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    21 Apr 2016 #16
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 223
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Thanks again

    Quote Originally Posted by RWOne View Post
    No problem. We might get a new build today or tomorrow as well, so doing that you would be clean and ready ...
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    21 Apr 2016 #17
    Join Date : Apr 2016
    Posts : 2
    Win 10

    I would say keep away, I've been on this build since the 16 April and it's still causing me grief. 15 minutes to boot to the windows logo, then another 5 before I could use the dam thing. I've since traced the problem to a PCI card feeding my card reader. Remove the PCI card and all is well apart from being a photographer and not able to read my cards.
    Just bought a new reader, it will read SD cards but not my compact flash cards. Fortunately I have win 7 on another disk. There was no problem prior to this build.

    Harry
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    21 Apr 2016 #18
    Join Date : Jun 2015
    Posts : 223
    windows 10
    Thread Starter

    thanks for the info

    Quote Originally Posted by HSS View Post
    I would say keep away, I've been on this build since the 16 April and it's still causing me grief. 15 minutes to boot to the windows logo, then another 5 before I could use the dam thing. I've since traced the problem to a PCI card feeding my card reader. Remove the PCI card and all is well apart from being a photographer and not able to read my cards.
    Just bought a new reader, it will read SD cards but not my compact flash cards. Fortunately I have win 7 on another disk. There was no problem prior to this build.

    Harry
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Failed update to 14316
Windows 10 Insider Preview 14316 - Error 0x80240031 Is there a way of clearing this error so I can try to download the update again.... :mad:
Installation and Upgrade
Solved build 14316 Edge oddities maybe ?
Installed preview build 14316 a few days ago. I ran into what seemed like oddities with Edge. I just wonder if anyone else might have some similar observations on theirs. I had some 4 or so open tabs in Edge. and has some other desktop apps...
Windows Insider
WLM 2012 woes in Windows 10 14316
Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14316 While running WLM 2012 I encountered a BSOD. Something to do with Kmode exception. After computer restarted, the WLM 2012 icon was solid white. Program would not start. Tried repair through Control panel...
Browsers and Email
How long to get 14316?
I'm logged in via a MS id and switched to fast ring about 20 hours ago. My system is a surface pro 3 running v1511 (OS Build 10586.164). Is this an abnormally long wait?
Windows Insider
Solved Problems With Sleep With New Build 14316
Hello All, I never had problems before with this computer and testing different preview builds, but this new one has really given me some sleep issues. The computer does not automatically go to sleep so I have to manually make it go to sleep. That...
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:13.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums