Windows 10 build insider build 14295

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
       #1

    Windows 10 build insider build 14295


    Hello,
    After updating to this insider build my start menu,cortana menu,WiFi menu and action center do not work,how can I fix these?

    Also sfc /scannow does not work "Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service." - FIXED with batch file


    Settings menu will not open since the start menu wont,even the personalization menu from the desktop does not open.
      My Computer

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #2

    Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
    If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

    Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
    Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

    Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    davidhk said:
    Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
    If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

    Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version > save it to a folder.
    Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

    Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.
    Does it remove the rollback to previous version option in settings(once I figure out how to open them) if so that is a big risk if it does not fix it.

    And yes I did use windows update.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Also completed sfc scannow - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
      My Computer

  5. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #5

    GioXmen said:
    Does it remove the rollback to previous version option in settings(once I figure out how to open them) if so that is a big risk if it does not fix it.

    And yes I did use windows update.
    I cannot say that with absolute certainty as I have not crossed that bridge before.
    My understanding is............rollback to previous build will still be available.

    Something you should/could have done on each build.....................
    Open C: > $Windows~BT > Sources > locate Install.esd.
    Use the following tutorial to convert esd to iso.
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File
    That way you can always use it to reinstall.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #6

    davidhk said:
    Assuming you updated to 14295 through Windows Update ?
    If yes, try to reinstall using the newly released 14295 ISO file.....
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...mkD9g%29%28%29

    Download the iso file that corresponds to your Win 10 Insider Preview version ( i.e. language and bit-version )> save it to a folder.
    Right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe.
    Installation will begin.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

    Hopefully, reinstall will fix the problems.
    Does using that iso file mean I loose any data? settings,etc..?
      My Computer

  7. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #7

    GioXmen said:
    Does using that iso file mean I loose any data? settings,etc..?
    Which iso file ? The 12495 iso file ?
    If yes, you won't lose anything. You get to keep your files, settings and apps.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #8

    davidhk said:
    Which iso file ? The 12495 iso file ?
    If yes, you won't lose anything. You get to keep your files, settings and apps.
    Ok,so I tried restarting my computer again and the start menu started working and 20 seconds later it won't open again,windows froze up and now its broken.Only now cortana is working.
      My Computer

  9. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #9

    I need to know one thing......................
    Am I right to assume that you have yet to use the 14296 iso download link I posted on my first reply ?
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 54
    Windows 10 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #10

    davidhk said:
    I need to know one thing......................
    Am I right to assume that you have yet to use the 14296 iso download link I posted on my first reply ?
    Yes I have not used it yet,I have opened it and waiting for it to finish "making sure you are ready" part.I hope I will be able to rollback...
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:26.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums