Windows 10: DISM ANOMOLY Message


  1. Posts : 64
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055
       19 Mar 2016 #1

    DISM ANOMOLY Message


    Saw this appear in Build 14279, it's still appearing in 14291. Asked Microsoft about it, got one inquiry and never a follow-up. Wanted to see if anyone else has seen this and if so, any ideas what it's about, and or how to correct it?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	[0x7FFD54B77593] ANOMALY.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	70339
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       19 Mar 2016 #2

    Hi.
    I know sfc /scannow is definitely not working in 14291; could be dism is having a problem as well.
    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 64
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055
    Thread Starter
       20 Mar 2016 #3

    simrick said: View Post
    Hi.
    I know sfc /scannow is definitely not working in 14291; could be dism is having a problem as well.
    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile - Page 15 - Windows 10 Forums
    Yes, I'm aware of the SFC issue, and it's not causing a problem (that I'm aware of) the commands complete successfully, just looking to see if this is a known or an unknown, and if so, what could the cause and the solution. Thanks for the reply.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       20 Mar 2016 #4

    StanP50 said: View Post
    Yes, I'm aware of the SFC issue, and it's not causing a problem (that I'm aware of) the commands complete successfully, just looking to see if this is a known or an unknown, and if so, what could the cause and the solution. Thanks for the reply.
    As far as I know, there is no fix for sfc /scannow, but I've confirmed dism is working.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 4,765
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       20 Mar 2016 #5

    StanP50,
    Have a look at these replies from another thread , particularly the one given by DaRKNeTz.
    SFC and DISM will not run on build 14279

    I have trouble following his "solution", but another member said it worked for him. So, I pass this on to you.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 15,001
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       20 Mar 2016 #6

    simrick said: View Post
    As far as I know, there is no fix for sfc /scannow, but I've confirmed dism is working.
    This is a first for me, that system file checker doesn't work.
    It even worked for me back in 9926, when it didn't work for most, here in the forums.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	70488
    As you can see DISM online still works for me though.

    I'm thinking that Microsoft turned SFC off, because of the false positives it would give for the "New Stuff" like Edge's extensions, and whatever else that needs to be compared in the Windows side-by-side folders and the originals. +


    The static files would create false positives like GWX did in the beginning.
    Here is what I mean, this is an answer I was giving people in Eight Forums, back last July:
    You can try fixing the files by copy & pasting in an Admin Command Prompt:

    Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup&sfc/scannow&Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth&sfc/scannow&pause

    And let it run through then reboot and run it again to check if it cleaned everything.
    It may take a while depending on your hardware(HDD or SSD), and it may appear to freeze at 20% on the third part, just be patient and let in run out.
    : only 2 false positives will show up(this is the result of the GWX software as Windows has nothing from the original OS software to compare it toŽ) and they are(in red):

    Summary
    This update enables the Diagnostics Tracking Service in Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1), and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1. This tracking service collects data about functional issues in Windows.

    This update contains the following two manifests that are occasionally updated by the Diagnostic Tracking Service:


    • telemetry.ASM-WindowsDefault.json
    • utc.app.json



    The two files are marked as static files in the update. When an advanced user runs the System File Checker Tool (sfc.exe), the files are unintentionally flagged as corrupted. There is no impact or corruption on a device that is running this update, and this issue will be fixed in a later service update. 

      My ComputersSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 11,235
    W10Prox64
       20 Mar 2016 #7

    Cliff S said: View Post
    This is a first for me, that system file checker doesn't work.
    It even worked for me back in 9926, when it didn't work for most, here in the forums.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image 002.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	333.9 KB 
ID:	70488
    As you can see DISM online still works for me though.

    I'm thinking that Microsoft turned SFC off, because of the false positives it would give for the "New Stuff" like Edge's extensions, and whatever else that needs to be compared in the Windows side-by-side folders and the originals. +


    The static files would create false positives like GWX did in the beginning.
    Here is what I mean, this is an answer I was giving people in Eight Forums, back last July:
    Have a look at this post Cliff.
    Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14291 for PC and Mobile - Page 18 - Windows 10 Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 15,001
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       20 Mar 2016 #8

    I already read Walts post, thanks though
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Solved Sfc/dism in Performance & Maintenance
SFC stops at 22% and cannot complete. DISM returns "The specified buffer contains ill-formed data." RESOLVED via a Windows 10 refresh second attempt that succeeded after the first would not allow files to be retained. After again creating an...
Hello, I've run into a problem where my windows apps will not open. Calc opens with a gray screen just showing the calculator logo...calendar opens to a blue screen only showing the calendar logo, etc. I can't run SFC /scannow due to error...
DISM and SFC in Performance & Maintenance
I posted in the Win 8 forum but saw I should have posted here. I read the corrective material in Win 8 as to how to fix this missing or corrupted files issue but either it is over my level or it is too difficult for me. I have run both programs...
Firefox Startup Anomoly in Browsers and Email
Do Whattttt!?!? I just opened Firefox and got this! 39712 I have never . . . When did this . . . Well, whaddaya think . . . I'm speechless, to say the least! Edit: Well, obviously, when I closed Firefox and restarted, it did what it's...
hi , to be quick. here some sample: 2015-09-25 05:10:49, Warning DISM DISM Provider Store: PID=2096 TID=4700 Failed to Load the provider: C:\Users\BAYUST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\9F7181ED-2803-42FA-A84C-DF0C2B40864F\PEProvider.dll. -...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29.
Find Us