Annoying white arrows on the taskbar icon area.


  1. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
       #1

    Annoying white arrows on the taskbar icon area.


    Hello


    I've just installed Wiondows 10 Insider Preview Build 14279


    And I get these annoying white bands/arrows on the taskbar icon area.


    Annoying white arrows on the taskbar icon area.-bgz6eg.png


    How can I get rid of them?


    I've tried different options at Properties -> Notification Area -> Customize
    But the white arrows are always there (If I have more than 6 icons).


    How can I enlarge the area reserved to the icons?
    I'd like to see all my icons at once, as before.


    Some people suggests using the tool "Taskbar Tweaker" but it doesn't work on Windows 10 Insider, in fact the webpage says it's dangerous.
      My Computer

  2. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,396
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       #2

    Our Admin, Brink, gave an answer to this issue in this thread...........................
    Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    davidhk said:
    Our Admin, Brink, gave an answer to this issue in this thread...........................
    Notification Area change with latest Fast Ring build question
    Hello.

    The solution was "disable it till fixed".

    I was looking for a real solution or hack.

    I would like to see all my icons, not only some, not the white bars.

    regards
      My Computer

  4. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,396
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       #4

    skan said:
    Hello.

    The solution was "disable it till fixed".

    I was looking for a real solution or hack.

    I would like to see all my icons, not only some, not the white bars.

    regards
    If you recall what Brink said in the thread I mentioned, he said it was a known problem.
    What that means is MS is aware of it.
    We will have to wait for MS to fix that bug.
    Meanwhile Brink provided a "workaround" ......... for now.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 21
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    davidhk said:
    If you recall what Brink said in the thread I mentioned, he said it was a known problem.
    What that means is MS is aware of it.
    We will have to wait for MS to fix that bug.
    Meanwhile Brink provided a "workaround" ......... for now.
    OK, thank you, I just expected to find a different solution modifying something on the registry or some file.
      My Computer

  6. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,396
    windows 10 Home threshold2
       #6

    skan said:
    OK, thank you, I just expected to find a different solution modifying something on the registry or some file.
    I have no doubt that someone can come up with a registry hack or similar.
    We'll see.
      My Computer


 

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:39.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums