Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       23 Feb 2016 #1

    Build 14267 Freezing when Sleeping


    I bought an SSD and installed Build 14267 on it.

    I disabled fast startup and the computer now boots the first time. Still blazing fast on startup. Outlook now starts like it should instead of taking a whole minute to start.

    However, if I walk away from the computer and let default sleep take over, when I come back, the blasted thing is completely frozen and I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot.

    Anyone else having this problem?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       24 Feb 2016 #2

    Wynona said: View Post
    I bought an SSD and installed Build 14267 on it.

    I disabled fast startup and the computer now boots the first time. Still blazing fast on startup. Outlook now starts like it should instead of taking a whole minute to start.

    However, if I walk away from the computer and let default sleep take over, when I come back, the blasted thing is completely frozen and I have to do a hard shutdown and reboot.

    Anyone else having this problem?
    Yep. Just got it on the lappy the other day. Fast Startup & hibernate are disabled as well.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Feb 2016 #3

    simrick said: View Post
    Yep. Just got it on the lappy the other day. Fast Startup & hibernate are disabled as well.
    Whew! I was afraid it was my new SSD drive!

    Now to figure out how to get Lappy open so I can put the other SSD in it.

    Edit: There used to be openable bays but with this HP doesn't have one.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       24 Feb 2016 #4

    Wynona said: View Post
    Whew! I was afraid it was my new SSD drive!

    Now to figure out how to get Lappy open so I can put the other SSD in it.

    Edit: There used to be openable bays but with this HP doesn't have one.
    oooohhhh - good luck with that!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       24 Feb 2016 #5

    Maybe you should wait - I hear there may be another build out soon........
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Feb 2016 #6

    simrick said: View Post
    Maybe you should wait - I hear there may be another build out soon........
    I might just do that. But I do need the SSD on Lappy . . . I didn't realize how much faster Desktop is until I booted Lappy this morning . . . slower than molasses in January! So that's gotta happen real soon!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Feb 2016 #7

    simrick said: View Post
    Maybe you should wait - I hear there may be another build out soon........
    You got a license for that, Swami?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       24 Feb 2016 #8

    Wynona said: View Post
    You got a license for that, Swami?
    LOLOLOLOL!!!! Sorry - had to fight the weather and pick up kids, go to the ortho, shovel the drive, make dinner....I see you're already installing the new build!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Feb 2016 #9

    simrick said: View Post
    LOLOLOLOL!!!! Sorry - had to fight the weather and pick up kids, go to the ortho, shovel the drive, make dinner....I see you're already installing the new build!
    Yep. No kids; No snow; Just a hubby.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,639
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       24 Feb 2016 #10

    BTW, it's a no-go on the SSD for Lappy. HP has seemingly stopped making it possible for consumers to replace hard drives or install new/more RAM.

    I'm not relishing the idea of this thing being slow as Christmas. And I can't even add more RAM for speed.

    Edit: 63% downloaded on Lappy and Desktop should be installed by now. Guess I'll go look.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267
700380763779239937 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Solved New Custom Build - PC freezing within Games
Hi all, my new custom desktop build is around one month old now. I am experiencing issues while gaming, for example AC Syndicate. Sometimes I get an BSOD, but thats very rare. Also, the BSOD is freezing as well, so Windows is not even...
Performance & Maintenance
Mobile Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267
700802623230726144 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 14267 | Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Solved Relatively new build freezing when i do certain things
So I recently buit a new PC, parts list here: AMD FX-8350, Sapphire Radeon R9 270X, NZXT Guardian 921 RB - System Build - PCPartPicker and it worked flawlessly for a while, until a few weeks ago. Now, any time I watch a stream on twitch.tv or a...
BSOD Crashes and Debugging
Build 10049 Random Freezing
Sometimes, when I am In a game, my computer would freeze. I was on skype with someone when it froze. I still heard them though. I have to hold the power button on my computer to turn it off. I tried control alt delete but nothing happens. Any ideas?
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:00.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums