Windows 10: Discuss new Windows 10 build 9926

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       26 Jan 2015 #281

    Thank you,
    I believe the last version was closer than this one,
    I feel disenfranchised now it's going the opposite way not in a positive way I don't even see it as a good choice fr a mobile device :/
    Freaking list is way to long to be useful to anyone really
    Now Microsoft is just screwing with use and shows the start button is useless
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 8,308
    Windows 10 Professional
       26 Jan 2015 #282

    I'm workin with it! (Sorry for all the rants of late!)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    26 Jan 2015 #283

    Edwin said: View Post
    I'm workin with it! (Sorry for all the rants of late!)
    No problem.. I'm living with it as well and loving it so far. Bugs.. yes. But to be expected as it's still in TP. I've just adjusted the new start to my liking and it rocks, IMO.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    26 Jan 2015 #284

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thank you,
    I believe the last version was closer than this one,
    I feel disenfranchised now it's going the opposite way not in a positive way I don't even see it as a good choice fr a mobile device :/
    Freaking list is way to long to be useful to anyone really
    Now Microsoft is just screwing with use and shows the start button is useless
    Cheers.
    Just because it's useless to you it doesn't mean that everyone finds it useless.

    Jeff
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5.    26 Jan 2015 #285

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thank you,
    I believe the last version was closer than this one,
    I feel disenfranchised now it's going the opposite way not in a positive way I don't even see it as a good choice fr a mobile device :/
    Freaking list is way to long to be useful to anyone really
    Now Microsoft is just screwing with use and shows the start button is useless
    Cheers.
    Hi there

    Not sure why -- try applying the mod which restores the old (build 9879) start menu (re-sizeable with working search bar).

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       26 Jan 2015 #286

    I don't see how or what is likeable about the start menu now,
    All apps is a joke
    Recent isn't too bad
    If you like it now you most likely use the full screen apps list which is the opposite thinking in accommodating win-7'ers which rejected 8
    Complying is not an option settings need to be available for desktops or laptops for that matter that are not touch screen compatible.
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 1,511
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64
       26 Jan 2015 #287

    jimbo45 said: View Post
    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Thank you,
    I believe the last version was closer than this one,
    I feel disenfranchised now it's going the opposite way not in a positive way I don't even see it as a good choice fr a mobile device :/
    Freaking list is way to long to be useful to anyone really
    Now Microsoft is just screwing with use and shows the start button is useless
    Cheers.
    Hi there

    Not sure why -- try applying the mod which restores the old (build 9879) start menu (re-sizeable with working search bar).

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Thanks that does one nasty thing Jimbo,
    It brings back Bing search default
    Which Cortana search default is better at this point and is separated from the start menu which has no search
    So now the start button is rendered useless imho
    Cheers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    26 Jan 2015 #288

    ThrashZone said: View Post
    I don't see how or what is likeable about the start menu now,
    All apps is a joke
    Recent isn't too bad
    If you like it now you most likely use the full screen apps list which is the opposite thinking in accommodating win-7'ers which rejected 8
    Complying is not an option settings need to be available for desktops or laptops for that matter that are not touch screen compatible.
    Cheers.
    Again, it's your opinion and it might not be shared by others. I for one didn't like the all apps screen and I'm finding the inclusion in the start menu just fine for me at least.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 7,882
    Windows 10
       26 Jan 2015 #289

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    labeeman said: View Post
    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Unless you have a touch screen icons should not be used on the start menus right column
    Nor should the alphabet be needed in all programs/ apps.
    Microsoft still doesn't realize desktops are quite different than mobile devices,
    Preferences should be added to the settings that is what makes or breaks an os's popularity = familiarity
    Agreed you break familiarity just for the sake of change you break the OS.
    But isn't life about change and learning how to use new things?? I agree if someone doesn't like the new start menu they should have an option to make use of another one but some of use do like the new menu.
    Yes life is about change and it is always changing and for most of the time it is for the worst.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    26 Jan 2015 #290

    labeeman said: View Post
    BunnyJ said: View Post
    labeeman said: View Post
    ThrashZone said: View Post
    Unless you have a touch screen icons should not be used on the start menus right column
    Nor should the alphabet be needed in all programs/ apps.
    Microsoft still doesn't realize desktops are quite different than mobile devices,
    Preferences should be added to the settings that is what makes or breaks an os's popularity = familiarity
    Agreed you break familiarity just for the sake of change you break the OS.
    But isn't life about change and learning how to use new things?? I agree if someone doesn't like the new start menu they should have an option to make use of another one but some of use do like the new menu.
    Yes life is about change and it is always changing and for most of the time it is for the worst.
    That's your opinion and I respect that but I'm more a half full kind of bunny.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Related Threads
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Hello everyone. I tried to install custom themes on my laptop running W10 TP 9926. Firstly i tried to install this theme THEMECLICK I did install uxstyle defined there. And used Ribbon Disabler. Than everything worked fine but after restarting...
Well, I installed Windows 10 build 9926 not to long ago and so far it's great. The only thing is their isn't sound. I've notice in device manager my sound card didn't install with the update. When I try "update driver" in the device manager, it'll ...
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/23/january-build-now-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/ See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-technical-preview.html
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:22.
Find Us