Discuss new Windows 10 build 9926

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
  1. Berkey's Avatar
    Posts : 29
    Microsoft Windows 7/10
       #241

    Edwin said:
    And, what's with the tiny 'forward/back' arrows, that I can barely see, in File Explorer?
    What's the point of that!?
    Agreed. Still a lot of fine tuning needs to be done. Not liking that I can't remove certain apps form the start menu such as Games, I right click, but it gives me no options, but doing so on the calculator gives me the option to do so. I hope there are plenty of customization options available for things like the menu, explore, general looks and so on, as I would hate to have to install a bunch of third party software just to get it to look the way I'd like it.
      My Computer

  2. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,091
    Windows 10 IoT
       #242

    Berkey said:
    Edwin said:
    And, what's with the tiny 'forward/back' arrows, that I can barely see, in File Explorer?
    What's the point of that!?
    Agreed. Still a lot of fine tuning needs to be done. Not liking that I can't remove certain apps form the start menu such as Games, I right click, but it gives me no options, but doing so on the calculator gives me the option to do so. I hope there are plenty of customization options available for things like the menu, explore, general looks and so on, as I would hate to have to install a bunch of third party software just to get it to look the way I'd like it.
    There are some in Windows 8.1 that you can't install, Xbox games isn't one of them though. I'm not running 10 anymore but I do remember thinking that some of the Apps that would not uninstall, I had been able to uninstall them in 8.1. Sounds like they locked more of them in, maybe temporarily, only time will tell.
      My Computer

  3. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,125
    Windows 10
       #243

    The only ones you can't uninstall in 9926 are Store and Settings.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 1,557
    W10 32 bit, XUbuntu 18.xx 64 bit
       #244

    lehnerus2000
    That Screen resolution bug is not in the Linux operating systems. It is a bug in the LXDE desktop it doesn't matter what distro you use. I did read you can do a start-up command change screen resolution after you login but that takes a lot of work.

    Mystere
    There is some small issue with 3rd party programs but for the most part I don't see any other problems. I am also posting this from Linux. The only major issue was adding another user with sudo access but I got that done.
      My Computer

  5. alphanumeric's Avatar
    Posts : 14,091
    Windows 10 IoT
       #245

    Edwin said:
    The only ones you can't uninstall in 9926 are Store and Settings.
    What about Camera, Photos, and OneDrive? You can unpin those in 8.1 but you can't uninstall them?
      My Computer

  6. lehnerus2000's Avatar
    Posts : 1,809
    W7 Ultimate SP1 (64 bit), LM 19.2 MATE (64 bit), W10 Home 1703 (64 bit), W10 Pro 1703 (64 bit) VM
       #246

    groze said:
    That Screen resolution bug is not in the Linux operating systems. It is a bug in the LXDE desktop it doesn't matter what distro you use. I did read you can do a start-up command change screen resolution after you login but that takes a lot of work.
    I'm using MATE.

    I've also noticed that if you change the monitor settings more than a few times in a given session, the settings window will eventually stop appearing.
    "Screw you human. I've got better things to do."
      My Computer

  7. essenbe's Avatar
    Posts : 12,511
    Windows 10 Pro 1903
       #247

    All of this shows it is a preview, a pre beta OS. We were all told, we would have problems, and we have. They didn't lie to us. I've had my problems too, like the hard drive scans every time I switched between the 2 OS's, which has been fixed in the new release. I am not a WTP Fan boy. I hated 8 and 8.1 and 7 is still my preferred OS, but, so far, I see a lot of good in WTP, if they iron out the kinks. I'm still using 7 as my main OS, but I can work around what I have found, so far in 10. It is not nearly as bad, in my opinion as 8.1 was. At this time, very few of us know our way around 10 like we do 7 or 8/8.1. Do we not like it because we haven't figured it out yet, but know exactly how to do what we want with 7? I am just saying it is very early in the cycle and there will be a lot of changes on the way. Let's give it some time before we throw it out the windows (pun intended). I am not very happy with it right now, but they told us some things wouldn't work and some things would mess up, and they were right. They also told us that they were going to fix those things and give us a lot more features. Let's just give them some time to see if that was true as well. I know that, so far, many of the things I hated about it at first, I have looked around, tried different things and figured out how to use them right. Don't ask me what, most I'm not sure how I managed to fix them except some were as simple as reading many of the Tutorials Shawn wrote. When it is all said and done, we may look back at today and think, all those things we can't see any reason or rationale for, make perfect sense in the final release. I have my issues with it like most of you, but I find that I could use it now as my main OS, if I had to. But I am too familiar with 7 to do that. So, for now anyway, I will continue using what I am familiar with and try to learn as much as I can with the new one. In my opinion, it has the basic makings of a very good OS with many advantages, if all the bugs and kinks can be worked out. I'll just wait and see.
      My Computers

  8. IownAmoneyPit's Avatar
    Posts : 975
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       #248

    Here is my list of all the Apps I cannot uninstall from the "All Apps" menu in build 9926.

    Alarms, Camera, Music, Photos, Search, Settings, Store, Store (Beta), Video and the Documents and Pictures Folders.
      My Computers

  9. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 17,125
    Windows 10
       #249

    alphanumeric said:
    Edwin said:
    The only ones you can't uninstall in 9926 are Store and Settings.
    What about Camera, Photos, and OneDrive? You can unpin those in 8.1 but you can't uninstall them?
    Apparently you can now, and it's impossible to retrieve the container for them to run in if you do so!
    I can uninstall the Store(beta) but not the 'green' Store.
      My Computer

  10. labeeman's Avatar
    Posts : 18,799
    Mint 20.1
       #250

    IownAmoneyPit said:
    Here is my list of all the Apps I cannot uninstall from the "All Apps" menu in build 9926.

    Alarms, Camera, Music, Photos, Search, Settings, Store, Store (Beta), Video and the Documents and Pictures Folders.
    I can and have uninstall Alarms.
      My Computer


 
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:09.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums