Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1.    24 Jan 2015 #101
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 24,523
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberrufus View Post
    Inability to really customize the start menu is not good. Preferred how it was in the previous build.
    Here is what I did with mine.. how is that not customized??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	501.7 KB 
ID:	10777
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    24 Jan 2015 #102
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Chicagoland
    Posts : 34,693
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    @Jimbo The new Start Menu/Screen is a big turnoff for me. The messed up search function is no.2 on my list, especially since I can't find anything now. < only a slight exaggeration. I can find what I want but I have to dig for it and settings are scattered all over. First impressions are, "I do not want this". I'll stay with 8.1 thank you very much. I had high hopes and at present I'm really disappointed. On the plus side, it's only a preview and things could change, there is still hope. Time will tell.
    My thoughts exactly! Option for Start menu full screen?!! Not the answer for me. Where's Continuum? I thought that would be the thing that would make it more like 8.1. I wonder if one needs a touch screen for that to install?
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  3.    24 Jan 2015 #103
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10x64 17035

    Taskbar>Properties>Start Menu

    "To customize how links, icons, and menus look and behave in the Start menu, click Customize."

    Inaccessible
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    24 Jan 2015 #104
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,100
    Windows 10

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    @Jimbo The new Start Menu/Screen is a big turnoff for me. The messed up search function is no.2 on my list, especially since I can't find anything now. < only a slight exaggeration. I can find what I want but I have to dig for it and settings are scattered all over. First impressions are, "I do not want this". I'll stay with 8.1 thank you very much. I had high hopes and at present I'm really disappointed. On the plus side, it's only a preview and things could change, there is still hope. Time will tell.
    My thoughts exactly! Option for Start menu full screen?!! Not the answer for me. Where's Continuum? I thought that would be the thing that would make it more like 8.1. I wonder if one needs a touch screen for that to install?
    I do have touch so be interesting if you see the options

    1, Under the Notification centre quick launch buttons, think it says tablet mode, click to change
    2, In the settings app is an option on the left called Tablet, this then has an option for tablet mode on/off

    Turning either of these on give me a full screen menu and full screen apps (nice for apps, not so good for desktop programs)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    24 Jan 2015 #105

    Quote Originally Posted by cyberrufus View Post
    Taskbar>Properties>Start Menu

    "To customize how links, icons, and menus look and behave in the Start menu, click Customize."

    Inaccessible
    Hi there
    Have you actually DONE this -- I can't get at it.

    I suspect that on a standard laptop with screen resolution of 1366 X 768 some of these things won't work -- rather stupid really as laptops seem to come with that resolution as standard.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails menu.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    24 Jan 2015 #106
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Posts : 391
    Windows 10x64 17035

    Quote Originally Posted by jimbo45 View Post

    Hi there
    Have you actually DONE this -- I can't get at it.

    I suspect that on a standard laptop with screen resolution of 1366 X 768 some of these things won't work -- rather stupid really as laptops seem to come with that resolution as standard.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    No, inaccessible. I'm on a desktop and doesn't appear related to screen resolution.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    24 Jan 2015 #107
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    New Jersey
    Posts : 1,439
    Windows 7 Pro x64 Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lehnerus2000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AddRAM View Post
    Does it pass a system file check ?
    I haven't tried "sfc" yet (see above).
    The answer is No.

    System File Check gives up after a few seconds.
    Thank You
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    24 Jan 2015 #108
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by BunnyJ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberrufus View Post
    Inability to really customize the start menu is not good. Preferred how it was in the previous build.
    Here is what I did with mine.. how is that not customized??

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	501.7 KB 
ID:	10777
    It's not smart enough to adjust itself when you re-arrange the icons. I find the start menu too wide. I want it narrower.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails w10_startmenu01.png  
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    24 Jan 2015 #109
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    UK
    Posts : 19,100
    Windows 10

    Not sure if this is just on mine
    When in tablet mode you cannot access anything on the desktop, its all greyed out
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    24 Jan 2015 #110
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,660
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by HippsieGypsie View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphanumeric View Post
    @Jimbo The new Start Menu/Screen is a big turnoff for me. The messed up search function is no.2 on my list, especially since I can't find anything now. < only a slight exaggeration. I can find what I want but I have to dig for it and settings are scattered all over. First impressions are, "I do not want this". I'll stay with 8.1 thank you very much. I had high hopes and at present I'm really disappointed. On the plus side, it's only a preview and things could change, there is still hope. Time will tell.
    My thoughts exactly! Option for Start menu full screen?!! Not the answer for me. Where's Continuum? I thought that would be the thing that would make it more like 8.1. I wonder if one needs a touch screen for that to install?
    Isn't continuum only applicable to 2-in-1 devices? Like when you undock the tablet from a keyboard, it will ask you to switch to tablet mode. But you can manually switch between desktop and tablet mode from Action Center at any given time. The obvious difference is that tablet mode will switch everything to full screen mode and then you can just swipe away.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Solved Windows 10 Build 10240 not coming through on Build 9926?
I am currently running Windows 10 Build 9926 due to having issues installing Build 10162 using a USB. I had Build 9926 installed before and successfully updated to 10162 however a failed graphics driver install forced me to reinstall and since...
Installation and Upgrade
Windows 10 Build 9926 Custom Theme Problem
Hello everyone. I tried to install custom themes on my laptop running W10 TP 9926. Firstly i tried to install this theme THEMECLICK I did install uxstyle defined there. And used Ribbon Disabler. Than everything worked fine but after restarting...
Customization
Sound card problems? Windows 10 build 9926
Well, I installed Windows 10 build 9926 not to long ago and so far it's great. The only thing is their isn't sound. I've notice in device manager my sound card didn't install with the update. When I try "update driver" in the device manager, it'll ...
Drivers and Hardware
Your Say: Windows 10 Build 9926 Icons Look like a Bad Joke
Source
Windows 10 News
January Windows 10 build 9926 ISO now available
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/01/23/january-build-now-available-to-the-windows-insider-program/ See also: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/1946-download-windows-10-technical-preview.html
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:29.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums