Build 9888

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,180
    Win 10 Pro x64
       #1

    Build 9888


    I don't know if this has been brought up here but has anyone installed build 9888? It's a leaked version. I am just curious. Installing right now. If it works or not... I'll find out when it's done. :) I am not gonna post a link. I may violate a rule. :)

    Last edited by badrobot; 07 Dec 2014 at 00:16.
      My Computer

  2. Chuck38's Avatar
    Posts : 17,128
    Windows 10
       #2

    So are you downloading this via a third party website? I'd suggest you be very careful with this one.
      My Computer

  3. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,429
    Windows 10
       #3

    I've installed it twice now, it seems kind of 'dead in water' though!
    It takes on NO KB's or updates of that sort.
    It will, however, find drivers and update Defender.

    I've also heard that it's an abandoned build but it seems to function okay.
    Keep it isolated anyway!
    Last edited by Edwin; 06 Dec 2014 at 22:31.
      My Computer

  4. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,180
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Chuck38 said:
    So are you downloading this via a third party website? I'd suggest you be very careful with this one.
    A friend forwarded a direct download link. The installation went fine.

      My Computer

  5. Edwin's Avatar
    Posts : 15,429
    Windows 10
       #5

    I activated it by phone, not very fun to fool around with if it's not activated!

    Build 9888-000004.png
      My Computer

  6. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,180
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Edwin said:
    I've installed it twice now, it seems kind of 'dead in water' though!
    It takes on NO KB's or updates of that sort.
    It will, however, find drivers and update Defender.

    I've also heard that it's an abandoned build but it seems to function okay.
    Keep it isolated anyway!
    Yeah. Installed it on a test 80GB HDD.
    I would understand why it wouldn't take any KB. But I was able to activate it anyway via command prompt.

    Build 9888-9888_kb.jpg
      My Computer


  7. jimbo45's Avatar
    Posts : 9,051
    Windows / Linux : Arch Linux
       #7

    Hi there

    Activation via command prompt SLUI 3 works. I've got this on a VM testing VMWARE workstation 11. After SLUI 3 just enter the standard serial number (Not the Enterprise one).

    HOWEVER after 5 mins Workstation 11 FROZE -- I even had to re-boot the HOST so I'm abandoning doing any more with this build.

    Interesting to test -- but IF you get from a torrent -- USE WISELY -- run on an ISOLATED VM and prepare for ANYTHING to happen.

    I can wait I think for the next normal release --but Humans are naturally inquisitive so I thought I would have a go.

    It's definitely a build -- not a Photoshopped hobbled version of 9879.

    Cheers
    jimbo
      My Computer

  8. Superfly's Avatar
    Posts : 3,271
       #8

    jimbo45 said:
    Hi there

    Activation via command prompt SLUI 3 works. I've got this on a VM testing VMWARE workstation 11. After SLUI 3 just enter the standard serial number (Not the Enterprise one).

    HOWEVER after 5 mins Workstation 11 FROZE -- I even had to re-boot the HOST so I'm abandoning doing any more with this build.

    Interesting to test -- but IF you get from a torrent -- USE WISELY -- run on an ISOLATED VM and prepare for ANYTHING to happen.

    I can wait I think for the next normal release --but Humans are naturally inquisitive so I thought I would have a go.

    It's definitely a build -- not a Photoshopped hobbled version of 9879.

    Cheers
    jimbo
    I agree ...

    Shutting down VM resulted in BSOD.

    NB There have been wide reported AV issues - be they false positive or not...I don't think this build offers anything new really...
      My Computer

  9. BunnyJ's Avatar
    Posts : 22,693
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #9

    Yes, you can get it but it's not worth the effort to use it.

    Trust me.. wait till January.
      My Computer

  10. badrobot's Avatar
    Posts : 5,180
    Win 10 Pro x64
    Thread Starter
       #10

    BunnyJ said:
    Yes, you can get it but it's not worth the effort to use it.

    Trust me.. wait till January.


    Just curious. No harm. It goes on separate drive. Effort is minimal. But yeah, I've satisfied my curiosity and I can wipe it out at will. :)
    It works fine though. No BSODs or anything. Just no KBs.
      My Computer


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Threads
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums