th2_release Professional 10565 could not install

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #11

    mellamokb said:
    Turns out the issue was just not enough hard drive space. It continues to astonish me just how space-hungry Windows is getting. I had 20 GB free and it wasn't enough,, after I freed another 20 GB it worked.
    Mine isn't harddrive space, I still have like 400 GB Free.
      My Computer

  2. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,736
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #12

    coldReactive said:
    Mine isn't harddrive space, I still have like 400 GB Free.
    Another thing that can stop your install of that windows TH2 is the size of your page file, if its set too small, it will not install.
    Not saying yours is, just giving you a idea on what you might want to check....that's all.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #13

    OldMike65 said:
    Another thing that can stop your install of that windows TH2 is the size of your page file, if its set too small, it will not install.
    Not saying yours is, just giving you a idea on what you might want to check....that's all.
    I have 16 GB physical RAM... and only about 6 GB of it is used usually. But I guess Windows setting the page file to 2.4 GB is too small? I'll try to increase it next time before restarting.
      My Computer

  4. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,736
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #14

    coldReactive said:
    I have 16 GB physical RAM... and only about 6 GB of it is used usually. But I guess Windows setting the page file to 2.4 GB is too small? I'll try to increase it next time before restarting.
    That was just an idea, because a friend of mine had problems installing his, after about the 4th try he tried increasing his page file. Then his install went fine. BUT his was smaller than yours, I think your 2.4 GB should be big enough. But you could try increasing it, just to see if it helps. Then put it back to your original size if it doesn't work. Like I said its just a shot and may not work for you.
      My Computers

  5. davidhk's Avatar
    Posts : 5,433
    windows 10 Pro ver 20H2 build 19042.867
       #15

    Guys, Just a longshot idea.
    If you are using a tablet and have a sd card inserted, remove it and try installing 10565 again.
      My Computer


  6. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #16

    I'm not using a tablet, I don't even have an SD Card Reader (or any media card reader slots) and I increased the page file size to 8 - 16 GB, but that didn't help.

    I think the reason why it isn't working may be, because th2_release is trying to install razer synapse, and that requires connection to the Internet to be able to be installed (and Internet doesn't work during the upgrade process.) I cannot install razer synapse ahead of time, because, like with AMD Drivers, windows update will still force install over the drivers, new or not.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #17

    The install still doesn't work even with 24+ GB of paged file. Looks like the install will never be able to be installed on this system, so I'll have to build a new system then (Which I can't until mid-2016.) I cannot hide the update either.
      My Computer

  8. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,736
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #18

    coldReactive said:
    The install still doesn't work even with 24+ GB of paged file. Looks like the install will never be able to be installed on this system, so I'll have to build a new system then (Which I can't until mid-2016.) I cannot hide the update either.
    Ok so you can't install 10565 without an internet connection......so why can't you just wait for the release tomorrow, or within the next few days if its not tomorrow ?? The correct way is thru the internet anyhow. If your running Windows 10 you will get TD2 just like everyone else. So whats the problem???
      My Computers


  9. Posts : 10
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #19

    The problem is, when it restarts and goes to the installation screens (IE, with the big circular progress bar) it doesn't have internet connection, and razer synapse requires internet to install (and th2_release requires me to install razer synapse. And no, I cannot install it myself, because th2_release will just try to install it anyway.)
      My Computer

  10. OldMike65's Avatar
    Posts : 106,736
    Windows10 Pro (x64) 20H2 19042.928
       #20

    coldReactive said:
    The problem is, when it restarts and goes to the installation screens (IE, with the big circular progress bar) it doesn't have internet connection, and razer synapse requires internet to install (and th2_release requires me to install razer synapse. And no, I cannot install it myself, because th2_release will just try to install it anyway.)
    What I'm trying to tell you is.....TH2 has not been released to the public yet!! Sounds like you are trying to install TH2 from an iso file.....no internet......like YOU said. I am saying wait for Microsoft to install it the correct way, thru your UPDATE in Windows 10. Which HAS to use the internet!!! Only folks that have the TH2 are insiders.....its not released to the public yet. Wait....for your Windows Update to install it....
      My Computers


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:54.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums