LED Lights Modem/Router

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. fred0843's Avatar
    Posts : 70
    Windows 10 Pro
       #1

    LED Lights Modem/Router


    Installed build 10565. Send ,Receive, and PC lights on my cable modem are more active then they were be before the upgrade.I do not think it is using Bandwidth. they are more active then Windows 10.

    Is this normal or is it a bug ?
    Does any body else notice this ?
      My Computer

  2. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 336
    Win 10 Pro x64 21H1 19043.964
       #2

    fred0843 said:
    Installed build 10565. Send ,Receive, and PC lights on my cable modem are more active then they were be before the upgrade.I do not think it is using Bandwidth. they are more active then Windows 10.

    Is this normal or is it a bug ?
    Does any body else notice this ?
    yes fred I've noticed the same thing...sometimes it's normal but more than not it's being hit from the
    outside or it's something I'm assuming to MS. It took me awhile to isolate that it was/is the upgraded
    PC. But I don't notice anything nefarious happening either. Hopefully nothing is anyway. Normal or bug????
    I'm going to try and nail it down to what process is doing this. Will report back if I can find it.
      My Computers

  3. NavyLCDR's Avatar
    Posts : 16,583
    Windows 11 Pro
       #3

    Could it be the Peer-to-peer default for Windows Update?
      My Computer

  4. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 336
    Win 10 Pro x64 21H1 19043.964
       #4

    NavyLCDR said:
    Could it be the Peer-to-peer default for Windows Update?
    I have it turned off...
      My Computers

  5. zahl's Avatar
    Posts : 30
    win10 pro x64
       #5

    Anything out of the ordinary in task manager/app history? Also if your router has a traffic monitor you could use that as well to make sure its not something else on the network
      My Computer

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 28,802
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #6

    fred0843 said:
    Installed build 10565. Send ,Receive, and PC lights on my cable modem are more active then they were be before the upgrade.I do not think it is using Bandwidth. they are more active then Windows 10.

    Is this normal or is it a bug ?
    Does any body else notice this ?
    Mine have been more active than normal too, but I haven't been worried about it. Now you make me wonder if I should, although I'm not on metered.
      My Computer


  7. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 336
    Win 10 Pro x64 21H1 19043.964
       #7

    zahl said:
    Anything out of the ordinary in task manager/app history? Also if your router has a traffic monitor you could use that as well to make sure its not something else on the network
    No that's what kinda bugs me!
      My Computers

  8. sneekez's Avatar
    Posts : 336
    Win 10 Pro x64 21H1 19043.964
       #8

    Wynona said:
    Mine have been more active than normal too, but I haven't been worried about it. Now you make me wonder if I should, although I'm not on metered.
    Don't think it's anything to worry about, but why? what is it? I've checked my network and isolated it to the
    upgraded PC. However as Wynona stated "I'm not metered" but how about the ones that are?!
      My Computers

  9. caperjack's Avatar
    Posts : 5,272
    insider build 10586.3 win10 pro 64
       #9

    I don't think its something that happing to all users , my cable modem has one light blinking quickly ,and I have a router setup as a access point from the cable modem ,and its sitting right in from of me and one light it plinking slowly same as always
      My Computer

  10. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 19,107
    W11+W11 Developer Insider + Linux
       #10

    Why don't you guys get a program like this: NetTraffic 1.27.4 - tool for monitoring link bandwidth so you can monitor what's and how much is coming in and going out.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums