Windows 10: Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

  1. Posts : 267
    latest windows insider home build
       14 Oct 2015 #61

    plus changing the default printer is really stupid too

    its like these "updates" are taking windows backwards, NOT forward..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 27,153
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16215
       14 Oct 2015 #62

    wase4711 said: View Post
    plus changing the default printer is really stupid too

    its like these "updates" are taking windows backwards, NOT forward..
    So it's true that it changes to the last printer used? Is that correct if one has multiple printers? I only have one, so I wouldn't know.

    I like the newer Printers and Devices page. I wonder how they're going to show this in the Settings app?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Printers and Devices.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	42782
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 14,958
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       14 Oct 2015 #63

    pillboxhunter said: View Post
    Desktop icons now appear on monitor 2 whilst taskbar items in system tray are on monitor 1. Swapping main monitor setting reverses this. Dragging icons from monitor 2 to monitor 1 works - until reboot.
    Slightly annoying as monitor 2 on this computer is usually used to watch television from a cable box.
    Did you click on "Save Changes"?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,958
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       14 Oct 2015 #64

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    So it's true that it changes to the last printer used? Is that correct if one has multiple printers? I only have one, so I wouldn't know.

    I like the newer Printers and Devices page. I wonder how they're going to show this in the Settings app?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Printers and Devices.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	42782
    Yep, Hippsie, it do! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have three printers. See the thread I started, telling Microsoft to keep its mitts offen mah defaults!

    Brink gave a link on a tut to stop it happening.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 27,153
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16215
       14 Oct 2015 #65

    Wynona said: View Post
    Yep, Hippsie, it do! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr I have three printers. See the thread I started, telling Microsoft to keep its mitts offen mah defaults!

    Brink gave a link on a tut to stop it happening.
    MS ought to learn that hell hath no furry, eh Wyn?

    Got it in case someone is interested. Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer - Windows 10 Forums

    I see it's an addition in the Settings app.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  6. Posts : 267
    latest windows insider home build
       14 Oct 2015 #66

    I didnt do the reg hack, but manually set my printer back to mine, instead of another one in the house, and it STILL went back to "last printer" on its own..
    NOT liking this "update" at all..
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 14,958
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       14 Oct 2015 #67

    wase4711 said: View Post
    I didnt do the reg hack, but manually set my printer back to mine, instead of another one in the house, and it STILL went back to "last printer" on its own..
    NOT liking this "update" at all..
    Really? Oh, crapola! I will probably be using printers tomorrow, so I'll be sure to see if it changes mine back.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    15 Oct 2015 #68

    HG, even if you have only one physical printer, those other ones count too. I had to get rid of them because my physical printer, if not turned on doesn't show up on the list and programs I print from send to the next one and of course just produce error or a file.
    I believe that this new thingy made me a problem with printer where the printer was declared "Not ready" when trying to print on it. Only getting rid of other (Virtual) printers solved the problem.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    15 Oct 2015 #69

    The ISO is now anailable for build 10565;

    Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 27,153
    Dual boot: Windows 10 Home CU build 15063 & Insider Build 16215
       15 Oct 2015 #70

    CountMike said: View Post
    HG, even if you have only one physical printer, those other ones count too. I had to get rid of them because my physical printer, if not turned on doesn't show up on the list and programs I print from send to the next one and of course just produce error or a file.
    I believe that this new thingy made me a problem with printer where the printer was declared "Not ready" when trying to print on it. Only getting rid of other (Virtual) printers solved the problem.
    Oh? I'm having no problems. I'll keep this in mind, though, so thanks!
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 3: Microsoft Releases PC build 10565 to Insiders in the Slow ring today. 655071954639020032 UPDATE 2: Download: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/9230-windows-10-iso-download.html#option3
I've created a 2nd Windows 10 Pro build from a Macrium image to receive Insider Preview Builds on a separate HD to my main operating system. My Windows 10 Pro on SSD didn't use to require me to sign in as I've unchecked to 'tick box' below: ...
Hi Guys! Only a few days ago a Windows Insider Build had been pushed outside the walls of Redmond. This build is marked as 10525 and does not include that many features. As to say in fact that Windows 10 for Xbox One is coming really soon so...
615386255203921921
Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/04/29/new-windows-10-insider-preview-build-10074-now-available/ 593520737152929793 https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2451-preview-builds-check-new-windows-10-builds.html How to...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:30.
Find Us