Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10565

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. jyusa's Avatar
    Posts : 874
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #41

    Everything going fine except the sfc /scannow was broken after first few hours of play. After run the dism repair, it came back well. Smooth and fast. Nice build.
      My Computers

  2. Lee's Avatar
    Lee
    Posts : 4,793
    OS X, Win 10
    Thread Starter
       #42

    After the many problems in 547 it is nice to have all the good stuff happening, and all the bad gone. The one thing that got my goat with 547 was the fact that on my "D" Drive I had all my music; when updating to 547 it all just disappeared (GRRRRRRRRRRRR!). Thank goodness for backups. . .not sure what caused it to just go into cyber space, albeit it didn't happen with 565 (knocking on wood). . .
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 480
    Windows 10
       #43

    wase4711 said:
    after "upgrading" today, my mapped network drives no longer show up in file explorer..

    every "upgrade" seems to break something else...I can see why so many folks dislike windows 10..
    Thats got nothing to do with Windows 10, these are test builds to try new stuff, there are bound to be problems and I've had plenty, but none whatsoever with RTM.
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #44

    Hello again,

    Can anyone please try to search for an inexistent, arbitrary, registry value and post what is happening? In my system the Registry Editor keeps searching for ever, and then when I cancel it, it restarts the editor. It behaves like it's crashing. I describe this issue in my post #2, in this thread.

    Clean-installed build 10565. DISM and sfc /scannow report no issues. No tweaking, no modifications on this build. Only two applications installed: CCleaner and HWiNFO64. I've never cleaned the Registry.

    On my main OS, build 10240, Registry Search works fine.

    Thank you.
      My Computers

  5. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,356
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #45

    Joanne said:
    Hello again,

    Can anyone please try to search for an inexistent, arbitrary, registry value and post what is happening? In my system the Registry Editor keeps searching for ever, and then when I cancel it, it restarts the editor. It behaves like it's crashing. I describe this issue in my post #2, in this thread.

    Clean-installed build 10565. DISM and sfc /scannow report no issues. No tweaking, no modifications on this build. Only two applications installed: CCleaner and HWiNFO64. I've never cleaned the Registry.

    On my main OS, build 10240, Registry Search works fine.

    Thank you.
    Just searched for "argrhd" and it finished the search as usual "Value not found" and didn't close Regedit. So, at least here it works just fine.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #46

    CountMike said:
    Just searched for "argrhd" and it finished the search as usual "Value not found" and didn't close Regedit. So, at least here it works just fine.
    Okay, I see, thank you for your feedback :)

    One last question, please: have you clean-installed this build or you have just upgraded from your previous one?

    Thank you.
      My Computers

  7. CountMike's Avatar
    Posts : 18,356
    W10+Developer Insider + Linux
       #47

    Joanne said:
    Okay, I see, thank you for your feedback :)

    One last question, please: have you clean-installed this build or you have just upgraded from your previous one?

    Thank you.
    Upgraded from 10547.
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 591
    Windows 10 Pro 64bit; Windows 10 TP; KDE Neon
       #48

    CountMike said:
    Upgraded from 10547.
    Ah, okay... I clean-installed it (after creating the ISO with Kari's method). Other users who have not clean-installed face no issues, as well. Perhaps someone with a clean installation of this build could report.

    Thank you.
      My Computers

  9. neveready's Avatar
    Posts : 237
    windows 10 Build 20215
       #49

    The only problem I have is the same one I had with the last build. When I open EDGE it takes 25 - 30 seconds to populate and connect to internet. IE 11opens and connects instantly. I would just use IE but Edge is initially set up to open PDF files and it is the same problem there with the excessive lag time. Have to go back after each update and point PDF files to open with Reader. If MS wants to migrate users from IE to Edge they have a long way to go. I have 2 PC's running different versions of Win 10 and same problem on both.
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 5,834
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       #50

    Dude said:
    If I remember right, it eventually went away after a few reboots. I did leave edge running without setting a home page at first on previous builds. It took a few reboots/days to stop the annoying behavior. This weekend I will build another vm and test it.
    All fixed now for some reason unbeknownst to me. I searched the Net last night and found a tute on how to uninstall and reinstall Edge, which didn't work to reinstall for I think the script for the Command Prompt was not meant for 10565. I new it was risky, but thought I could always perform a Restore of which I made a point after upgrade. For some reason that fixed my link issues and all is fine. Go figure!
      My Computers


 
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 18:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums