Windows 10: Groove Radio?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    09 Oct 2015 #11

    sneekez said: View Post
    Nice read...I believe that pretty much states it, 'Mobile' application. Thanks Cliff's
    One needs to ask 'why'? Mobile only??? Thanks again
    It's only a Mobile because they removed this feature from the Mobile TP (so anyone with a music pass could not fully use the service)
    This feature already exists in desktop, though it might not have been when Groove first came out, but has always been in the xbox music app
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 14,423
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 Oct 2015 #12

    paulsalter said: View Post
    It's only a Mobile because they removed this feature from the Mobile TP (so anyone with a music pass could not fully use the service)
    This feature already exists in desktop, though it might not have been when Groove first came out, but has always been in the xbox music app
    So what is it actually Paul? Just a playlist player or actual internet radio?
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    09 Oct 2015 #13

    Radio
    you select an artist and it creates a playlist based on similar

    Explore
    allows you to browse the music store and add music into your collection for offline/online use
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 14,423
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 14393, Windows 10 Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Update, Ubuntu
       09 Oct 2015 #14

    paulsalter said: View Post
    Radio
    you select an artist and it creates a playlist based on similar

    Explore
    allows you to browse the music store and add music into your collection for offline/online use
    OK thanks, I'll stick to YouTube then, it works for me
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter
       09 Oct 2015 #15

    paulsalter said: View Post
    It's only a Mobile because they removed this feature from the Mobile TP (so anyone with a music pass could not fully use the service)
    This feature already exists in desktop, though it might not have been when Groove first came out, but has always been in the xbox music app
    The feature does not exist in the Groove desktop app in Windows 10 as of build 10547. There are many msgs in the Feedback and Forums corroborating this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6.    09 Oct 2015 #16

    sgage said: View Post
    The feature does not exist in the Groove desktop app in Windows 10 as of build 10547. There are many msgs in the Feedback and Forums corroborating this.
    For everyone?

    This is a music pass feature, so I woudnt expect it to be there for non subscribers
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter
       09 Oct 2015 #17

    paulsalter said: View Post
    For everyone?

    This is a music pass feature, so I woudnt expect it to be there for non subscribers
    Nowhere in the announcement does it say it is a music pass feature, but if it is, it is. I will stick with my current setup (I use Audacious for I-radio - works just fine).
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    09 Oct 2015 #18

    From the link at the bottom of the insider item, my bolding

    A new release is available today for the Groove app on Windows 10 Mobile. Check the Store! This release (version 3.6.1299.0) includes the following:

    • With Groove Music Pass, radio creates instant playlists based on your favorite artists
    • Groove Music Pass lets you explore, search, and play our full music catalog, right in the app
    • Now playing always shows your last-played songs, so it's easier than ever to listen again
    • Improvements to the metadata displayed when using Bluetooth
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  9. Posts : 602
    Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview (14971)
    Thread Starter
       09 Oct 2015 #19

    I took that to mean that with the Music Pass, you'd get 'instant radio stations', not that the radio feature would be unavailable at all. No problem, I just want a player where I can enter my own URL's. Groove doesn't allow that, nor does any other app in the Store as far as I can tell. Just another app I have no use for.


    paulsalter said: View Post
    From the link at the bottom of the insider item, my bolding

    A new release is available today for the Groove app on Windows 10 Mobile. Check the Store! This release (version 3.6.1299.0) includes the following:

    • With Groove Music Pass, radio creates instant playlists based on your favorite artists
    • Groove Music Pass lets you explore, search, and play our full music catalog, right in the app
    • Now playing always shows your last-played songs, so it's easier than ever to listen again
    • Improvements to the metadata displayed when using Bluetooth
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    09 Oct 2015 #20

    paulsalter said: View Post
    From the link at the bottom of the insider item, my bolding

    A new release is available today for the Groove app on Windows 10 Mobile. Check the Store! This release (version 3.6.1299.0) includes the following:

    • With Groove Music Pass, radio creates instant playlists based on your favorite artists
    • Groove Music Pass lets you explore, search, and play our full music catalog, right in the app
    • Now playing always shows your last-played songs, so it's easier than ever to listen again
    • Improvements to the metadata displayed when using Bluetooth
    Looking at the price of the Groove Music Pass, wouldn't people just use MixRadio for free on Windows Mobile?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Related Threads
Yeah, who listens to the radio now a days.. I do and still love it. Free music!! Nothing better in my mind than free MUSIC!! :) Right now I'm tuned into either: 1 94/7 Portland Alternative 2 Absolute Radio London Both in my mind are very...
Todays update (7/26/2015) KB3074678 breaks Groove Music radio function. Radio links fail to open when you click on them. Before this update they were working fine.
Radio Function in Software and Apps
Is there a radio function as part of Groove. I'm on the RTM build, all updated. I've seen clips showing a radio function on the left side toolbar but can't figure out on how to show it and use it??? TIA
This is not okay at all. How can I make them not mute when I minimize them? Someone asked me to go to Settings>Privacy>BackGround Apps iHeart radio is set to on and that has no difference. Groove music is not listed.
Hi there Another death knell for WMA (Windows Media). BBC is switching (has already done for some streams) to HLS. WMA is being dropped. For those who use things like SONOS / SQUEEZEBOX / INTERNET RADIO devices the BBC is (has already for some...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:55.
Find Us