1.    29 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10

    Just installed v10532. Registered, but says "Evaluation Preview".


    I installed Win10 on an old backup PC when I started Beta testing it months ago.

    During this time, it always showed "Evaluation Preview" on the lower right, but with the first "official" release, that text disappeared.

    This morning, "Windows Update" prompted me to install the next big release: 10532.

    Two & Half hours later, the update was complete, but the "Evaluation Preview" message has returned.

    Checking my System Information, it shows Windows as "Activated", so why does it say "Evaluation Preview"?

    (Also annoying, with the update, my trackpad sensitivity went to hell, with the pointer jumping halfway across the screen every time I life my finger. Argh!)
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    29 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Hasselt, Belgium
    Posts : 170
    Windows 10 Pro

    This is because build 10532 is an Evaluation Preview, doesn't matter if it's activated or not, you still will see that message in the lower right corner of your screen.

    You probably still had the Insider Preview option active in Windows Update. That's why you received it.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : Jul 2015
    Posts : 9,141
    Windows 10 Pro

    Yep, what Rudy said.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Mas View Post
    This is because build 10532 is an Evaluation Preview, doesn't matter if it's activated or not, you still will see that message in the lower right corner of your screen.

    You probably still had the Insider Preview option active in Windows Update. That's why you received it.
    So the damn thing downgraded me??? WTF?

    How do I get the latest version back?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    29 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Upstate NY, USA
    Posts : 192
    Windows 10 Home 64 bit

    It didn't downgrade you, it just installed the latest trial build because you are enrolled in the Insider program. I'm not sure how you can get the release version back but I would definitely quit the Insider program if you're not willing to deal with new trial builds and their possible bugs.

    If you go to your update history, there is an option to uninstall the latest preview build. That should return you to the release version I would think. Just make sure you opt out of Insider and then the only updates you will get are the normal ones.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    30 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    It didn't downgrade you, it just installed the latest trial build because you are enrolled in the Insider program. I'm not sure how you can get the release version back but I would definitely quit the Insider program if you're not willing to deal with new trial builds and their possible bugs.

    If you go to your update history, there is an option to uninstall the latest preview build. That should return you to the release version I would think. Just make sure you opt out of Insider and then the only updates you will get are the normal ones.
    Okay, I see you.

    It didn't "downgrade", it's the latest beta. No problem then.

    Guess I have a bug to report then.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    30 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 27,888
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mugsy323 View Post
    Okay, I see you.

    It didn't "downgrade", it's the latest beta. No problem then.

    Guess I have a bug to report then.
    This NOT a bug. Release 10240, the RTM, Public release of July, 29th did not have the watermark lower right of desktop. Then Insider Build 10525 was released, to Insiders​ only. Watermark came back to indicate it was Preview Evaluation copy. Then 10532, same thing. Nothing to "Bug Report".
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    30 Aug 2015 #8
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Posts : 4
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    This NOT a bug. Release 10240, the RTM, Public release of July, 29th did not have the watermark lower right of desktop. Then Insider Build 10525 was released, to Insiders​ only. Watermark came back to indicate it was Preview Evaluation copy. Then 10532, same thing. Nothing to "Bug Report".
    The "bug" I was speaking of is the wonky trackpad.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
"Windows 10 couldn't be installed" Error code 80070005
I have never had a problem installing updates to Win 8.1 and all important updates are fully installed. Every time I try to update to Win10 it says "downloading Windows 10 - checking requirements" and then I get the above error message. Any help...
Installation and Upgrade
Solved Windows 10 Enterprise - "No audio output devices are installed" issue
Hi everybody, I've upgraded my ASUS U36SG from Windows 8.1 Professional to Windows 10 Enterprise. Everything went fine unless the issue "no audio output devices are installed", I've tried almost all the solutions you guys provided for that...
Drivers and Hardware
warning about "Bitdefender" upon reboot, but it's not even installed!!
Every time I reboot my machine, I get some message about a Bitdefender log file in C:\windows\temp. First of all, I don't recall ever installing Bitdefender, and two, I can't find any mention of it in any file, app, or setting. Should I be...
AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
"No Audio Devices Installed"
After upgrading to Windows 10, the audio software cannot be located. iTunes, or any other audio playback does not function. How can this be installed without having to uninstall Windows 10? I'm dead in the water with my music applications. THX Rick
Drivers and Hardware
Solved Do "Insiders" need to do anything to get Win10 final installed?
I have been testing Win10 on two machines. On one machine I checked the "Stop Insider Builds" yesterday, the other is still set as Insider with Fast updates. I also have three other computers (win 7 and Win8.1) with the "Ready for Win10" icons. ...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums