Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
  1.    24 Jan 2015 #61
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Pembrokeshire, South Wales, UK
    Posts : 1,442
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit 15063 Multiprocessor Free

    I knew it only worked in the US Dave44, but I'm not going to bother messing about with settings to get it on here. Hopefully it wont take long for it to be available here, I can wait, there's plenty more to explore.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    25 Jan 2015 #62
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 738
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Joan Archer View Post
    I knew it only worked in the US Dave44, but I'm not going to bother messing about with settings to get it on here. Hopefully it wont take long for it to be available here, I can wait, there's plenty more to explore.
    yes hope not too long for Cortana in UK Joan got that and Spartan browser to look forward too
    Last edited by Dave44; 25 Jan 2015 at 08:40.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    25 Jan 2015 #63

    hey Shawn

    thanks for bring me along this Win 10 road as you have many before

    how do you think this Windows is working as opposed to the others at this on outset?
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    25 Jan 2015 #64
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Central Florida
    Posts : 340
    Win 7 Pro/32, Win 10 Pro/64/32

    Thanks Brink.....
    The link worked, the download was slow but worked, the Clean install to a spare HD also worked, but took some doing.
    The hardest part was getting past the insistence to have a MS Account with password. But with years of experience installing difficult software, I finally got the dang thing installed, and working.
    Then I installed the "Classic Shell" so I had better control over what it was doing.
    I never did get Windows Mail working, even though I did in 7 and 8.1.
    So I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email program, to read my GMail.

    Being forced to use a password every time I log on, is a real PITA, so I searched the net for a means to disable the necessity of having a password to log on, but what I found didn't work.

    I'd love to know, if there is a way to disable the need to log in with a password. ???
    If I could get W-10 to boot up to my desktop like my Windows XP, Win-7 and even Win-8.1 do, I could probably learn to live with Win-10.

    I'd love to be able to use Windows Mail too..... after all, it's in there!!!!

    Thanks again,
    TechnoMage

    PS: Getting in here was a bit tricky.... with the forum name change.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    25 Jan 2015 #65
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    Thanks Brink.....
    The link worked, the download was slow but worked, the Clean install to a spare HD also worked, but took some doing.
    The hardest part was getting past the insistence to have a MS Account with password. But with years of experience installing difficult software, I finally got the dang thing installed, and working.
    Then I installed the "Classic Shell" so I had better control over what it was doing.
    I never did get Windows Mail working, even though I did in 7 and 8.1.
    So I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email program, to read my GMail.

    Being forced to use a password every time I log on, is a real PITA, so I searched the net for a means to disable the necessity of having a password to log on, but what I found didn't work.

    I'd love to know, if there is a way to disable the need to log in with a password. ???
    If I could get W-10 to boot up to my desktop like my Windows XP, Win-7 and even Win-8.1 do, I could probably learn to live with Win-10.

    I'd love to be able to use Windows Mail too..... after all, it's in there!!!!

    Thanks again,
    TechnoMage

    PS: Getting in here was a bit tricky.... with the forum name change.
    Try this Log On Automatically at Startup - Windows 7 Help Forums
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    25 Jan 2015 #66
    Join Date : Jan 2014
    Inverness
    Posts : 1,104
    Win 10

    Up on build 9926 with a clean install. I just got it installed so I haven't tried much yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    26 Jan 2015 #67
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Home town Columbus,O.H.I.O
    Posts : 181
    Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows Preview 10

    I have to get some DVD,S. I'M all out of them. I like to do a clean install.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    26 Jan 2015 #68
    Join Date : Feb 2014
    Posts : 9,022
    Windows 10 Professional

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina France View Post
    I have to get some DVD,S. I'M all out of them. I like to do a clean install.
    Hello Gina, welcome aboard, (the crazy Windows 10 train!)
    Do you have a spare usb stick kickin around? (8GB Min)
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    26 Jan 2015 #69
    Join Date : Jan 2015
    Home town Columbus,O.H.I.O
    Posts : 181
    Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows Preview 10

    Quote Originally Posted by Edwin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gina France View Post
    I have to get some DVD,S. I'M all out of them. I like to do a clean install.
    Hello Gina, welcome aboard, (the crazy Windows 10 train!)
    Do you have a spare usb stick kickin around? (8GB Min)

    No I don't
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    26 Jan 2015 #70
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Houston
    Posts : 1,570
    Win-7Prox64 Win-8.1Prox64 Win-10Prox64

    Hi and welcome to TenForums,
    Amazon has plenty of cheap flash drives
    Amazon.com: 8 gig usb
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 14322
Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 14322 76387 Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO
Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO 72454 Source:...
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview
Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 72440 72441 Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview
Source: Windows 10 IoT
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 has started to download how to burn ISO file from download
Hello, this morning I received a notice that Windows 10 has started to download on my desktop. I do not want to install it now. How can I burn it to a ISO file (DVD) for a later installation? My current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. thanks in...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums