Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
  1.    29 Apr 2015 #231
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Posts : 23,754
    64-bit Windows 10 Pro build 16362
    Thread Starter

    Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 ISO file now available for download. See first post for more information.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  2.    29 Apr 2015 #232
    Join Date : Mar 2014
    South Carolina, USA
    Posts : 16,902
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

    Thanks for the heads up, Shawn.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    29 Apr 2015 #233
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,567
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by Brink View Post
    Windows 10 Insider Preview build 10074 ISO file now available for download. See first post for more information.
    And I thought 10074 is also a leak.
    Thanks!
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    29 Apr 2015 #234
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 26,898
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    @Kari - Do your hash-match magic! Here's mine. If you notice, MS publishes the size of 3.78GB on the site in whole bytes with decimal, NOT conventional way of bytes/1024. Hence, the size confusion. They should have posted it as 3.52GB, not 3.78GB (IMO).

    But, hashes match and size seems to be correct. About 7 mins to download.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-29_21h08_21.png 
Views:	640 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	18015
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    29 Apr 2015 #235
    Join Date : Nov 2013
    Toronto
    Posts : 4,567
    Win 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by f14tomcat View Post
    @Kari - Do your hash-match magic! Here's mine. If you notice, MS publishes the size of 3.78GB on the site in whole bytes with decimal, NOT conventional way of bytes/1024. Hence, the size confusion. They should have posted it as 3.52GB, not 3.78GB (IMO).

    But, hashes match and size seems to be correct. About 7 mins to download.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-04-29_21h08_21.png 
Views:	640 
Size:	1.86 MB 
ID:	18015
    It also says 3.78GB?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10074_ISO.PNG 
Views:	277 
Size:	981.9 KB 
ID:	18016
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    29 Apr 2015 #236
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 26,898
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    It also says 3.78GB?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10074_ISO.PNG 
Views:	277 
Size:	981.9 KB 
ID:	18016
    First thing your eye sees when you look at properties is 3.52GB, that can be confusing to some. That's really all I was pointing out. Different ways of expressing the size. To make it even more confusing, the size report in Explorer is different, also. Real bytes versus sector total, etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2015-04-29_21h41_05.png  
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  7.    29 Apr 2015 #237
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,413
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by badrobot View Post
    It also says 3.78GB?
    It says 3.78 GB on the web which at least for us old school geeks is wrong.

    3,782,055,936 bytes is 3.52 GB, not 3.78 GB:

    • 3,782,055,936 / 1,024 = 3,693,414 Kilobytes
    • 3,693,414 / 1,024 = 3,607 Megabytes
    • 3,607 / 1,024 = 3.52 Gigabytes
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    29 Apr 2015 #238
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    It is also on Windows Update.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    29 Apr 2015 #239
    Join Date : Oct 2014
    Arnold, MD
    Posts : 26,898
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    It says 3.78 GB on the web which at least for us old school geeks is wrong.

    3,782,055,936 bytes is 3.52 GB, not 3.78 GB:

    • 3,782,055,936 / 1,024 = 3,693,414 Kilobytes
    • 3,693,414 / 1,024 = 3,607 Megabytes
    • 3,607 / 1,024 = 3.52 Gigabytes
    My whole point. Just wanted to point out that space can be expressed differently, and not all, especially newer geeks, may be aware of it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    29 Apr 2015 #240
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro

    1 mb =1024 bytes
    1 gb = 1024 MB
    1TB = 1024 GB

    etc....
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 14322
Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 14322 76387 Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO
Download Windows 10 Insider Preview ISO 72454 Source:...
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview
Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview 72440 72441 Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsiot
Windows 10 News
Insider Download Windows 10 IoT Core Insider Preview
Source: Windows 10 IoT
Windows 10 News
Windows 10 has started to download how to burn ISO file from download
Hello, this morning I received a notice that Windows 10 has started to download on my desktop. I do not want to install it now. How can I burn it to a ISO file (DVD) for a later installation? My current OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. thanks in...
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:43.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums