Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 40
    Windows 10 Pro
       31 Aug 2015 #151

    An hour, a day, a week, what? I hate Microsft for these stupid sentances like "some time".
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       31 Aug 2015 #152

    kosta said: View Post
    An hour, a day, a week, what? I hate Microsft for these stupid sentances like "some time".
    I've read 24 to 48 hours.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 76
    Windows 10 Home
       01 Sep 2015 #153

    I'm sorry for that interruption. I thought my personal situation was not interested for the rest. Plus the list of issues was getting bigger every day. It took 6 hours (by email) to find out the main source of my desktop instability. Mike was extremely helpful doing so and he's a real Racer X. I would title this: A Racer X Story: 6 hours non-stop of emails. Here's a brief sequence of long journey that end nicely.
    1) We disable the graphic for gaming AMD Radeon shown in post # 144. I don't need it: Not gaming.
    2) We try to roll back driver for my main graphic card: Intel 4600. We also try to install Win 8.1 Driver. We failed on both attempt. The problem was not really there.
    3) Was infected by a virus
    4) ESET didn't detect it.
    5) AVG Tune-up was the largest contributor of my multiple unstable desktop environment issues. Thanks for that one ounce again Mike.
    6) Uninstall AVG Tune-up and ESET. Install AVG Pro. AVG reported one virus that I delete in the vault of AVG.
    Last edited by OliverPedro; 02 Sep 2015 at 09:37.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 76
    Windows 10 Home
       01 Sep 2015 #154

    Now I feel better, the computer runs better. Now I see the title was not the best. I tought that by upgrading to last build it would solved my mutiple issues. So, that thread served its purpose. Thank's to Mike and all of you. God bless!
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       01 Sep 2015 #155

    kosta said: View Post
    An hour, a day, a week, what? I hate Microsft for these stupid sentances like "some time".
    Took my rtm 4 days to do it. Friday I changed to get insider builds and set it on the fastring. Started manual updating once an hour for a couple of days. Final gave that up and went to couple times a day. Right now it has gone to the black page with the big circle with % sign. This is a test to see if I can go back to rtm from insider build and activate. Then go back to windows 7 by doing clean install. Activate and then clean install 10 with activation.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,755
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Sep 2015 #156

    Charlie said: View Post
    Took my rtm 4 days to do it. Friday I changed to get insider builds and set it on the fastring. Started manual updating once an hour for a couple of days. Final gave that up and went to couple times a day. Right now it has gone to the black page with the big circle with % sign. This is a test to see if I can go back to rtm from insider build and activate. Then go back to windows 7 by doing clean install. Activate and then clean install 10 with activation.
    I hope it works out, Charlie. I read somewhere that you can't roll back after 30 days. Hope it's not true.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2014
    Forever West
    Posts : 2,585
    Win10 Home and Pro, Win10 Insider Preview, Win7 Home, Linux Mint
       01 Sep 2015 #157

    Wynona said: View Post
    I hope it works out, Charlie. I read somewhere that you can't roll back after 30 days. Hope it's not true.
    It may be true. I installed Win10 over Win7 w/SP1 on July 30 and just saw the Windows.old Folder is now missing from my HDD.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,154
    W10Prox64
       01 Sep 2015 #158

    Wynona said: View Post
    I hope it works out, Charlie. I read somewhere that you can't roll back after 30 days. Hope it's not true.
    Berton said: View Post
    It may be true. I installed Win10 over Win7 w/SP1 on July 30 and just saw the Windows.old Folder is now missing from my HDD.
    You are correct. The "rollback" is not available after 30 days.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       01 Sep 2015 #159

    Not part of my test to wait for 30 days. So we don't be worry about that part of the roll back. I want to see if it will go back and forth activating the 10 rtm then clean install 7 activate it and back to 10. Never having to type in a key. I told someone it would do that and need to know if I was right.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,755
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       01 Sep 2015 #160

    Charlie said: View Post
    Not part of my test to wait for 30 days. So we don't be worry about that part of the roll back. I want to see if it will go back and forth activating the 10 rtm then clean install 7 activate it and back to 10. Never having to type in a key. I told someone it would do that and need to know if I was right.
    Oh. After I posted that, I thought that might be the case. Good luck.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
How to upgrade to latest build on insider preview
Am currently using Windows 10 Insider Preview. Build 10074 shows on right side of screen. Have updated Windows through settings. Am I using the latest build?
Windows Insider
Looking for an ISO to the latest Windows 10 Build
I had the latest build of Windows 10 installed and then in the process of resetting the computer due to an error, the operating system has been removed so I can no longer boot into the system. As Microsoft is no longer allowing anyone to download...
Windows Insider
Solved Latest build
How do I know what the latest build is, and how do I get it? If I simply go to Windows updates, that won't do it will it?
Windows Insider
Can't upgrade to latest build - error: 0x80070050
I just installed the Windows 10 TP and wanted to upgrade to the latest build to get all of the new features, but whenever I try to upgrade this error is thrown at me, and I can't find anything about it online. Screenshot by Lightshot Any help...
Installation and Setup
what is the latest build
I am running build 9879. what is the latest build?. I thought a new build was due @ 0900 PST 21/jan/2015 help Topper.
Windows Insider
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:34.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums