Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

  1. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 & WIndows 8.1 64 bits
       21 Aug 2015 #11

    Charlie said: View Post
    HUH. I just clicked 1 and did a successful build. Are you copying the esd files and pasting into another folder?
    YES. I have copied install.esd file into ESDtoISO folder that has ESDtoISO.cmd as well. So,I selected ESDtoISO.cmd Run as administrator.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10
       21 Aug 2015 #12

    Once awhile back a few builds I was getting error also. I deleted everything in folder and folder and started over with instructions. Not knowing what I did different but did have a good outcome? Good luck to you my friend
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       21 Aug 2015 #13

    You may have a bad ESD file.
    If you can, get Windows Update to download again, (all the files all over again), and grab the ESD file, copying it to the desktop as soon as the "download is at 100%" but before it starts to install.

    I know that one time, I copied my ESD file as soon as it showed in the folder, then copied it again as soon as the first one was finished copying, and I found that there was a 1byte difference between the two files. One worked with the ESD to ISO tool, and the other failed.

    ESD to ISO - YouTube

    This is a temporary video created by our member Kari. It will help you to see how to grab the ESD file at the right time. Watch how he keeps refreshing the file folder, as he waits for the ESD file to appear.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,946
    All kinds
       21 Aug 2015 #14

    Could it because of not enough free space on the disk ? I made those conversions usually next day or later, well after it was installed.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 & WIndows 8.1 64 bits
       21 Aug 2015 #15

    simrick said: View Post
    You may have a bad ESD file.
    If you can, get Windows Update to download again, (all the files all over again), and grab the ESD file, copying it to the desktop as soon as the "download is at 100%" but before it starts to install.

    I know that one time, I copied my ESD file as soon as it showed in the folder, then copied it again as soon as the first one was finished copying, and I found that there was a 1byte difference between the two files. One worked with the ESD to ISO tool, and the other failed.

    ESD to ISO - YouTube

    This is a temporary video created by our member Kari. It will help you to see how to grab the ESD file at the right time. Watch how he keeps refreshing the file folder, as he waits for the ESD file to appear.
    Thank you for your attention and help.

    I do not know reason why but Windows update is not showing Build 10525 any more. Therfore, I can not down load it again. Realy I do not know why disappered from my Windows update.

    Also, Dynamic Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview for x64-based Systems (KB3062501) is failed to install and never show it up in Windows update to re-install it.

    I am confusing now realy what is problem.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       21 Aug 2015 #16

    yufuru said: View Post
    Thank you for your attention and help.

    I do not know reason why but Windows update is not showing Build 10525 any more. Therfore, I can not down load it again. Realy I do not know why disappered from my Windows update.

    Also, Dynamic Update for Windows 10 Insider Preview for x64-based Systems (KB3062501) is failed to install and never show it up in Windows update to re-install it.

    I am confusing now realy what is problem.
    Are you on the fast ring or the slow ring for insider builds? You could try toggling from fast to slow, reboot, toggle to fast again, and see if that makes it come through. Still, I think your ESD file is bad (it happens sometimes). I would be patient and wait. There was not much in 10525 in the way of features, and the way memory is handled, so it's not a big deal if you don't have it for a little while.

    I myself switched to slow ring, and it has not come through for me yet. I will be patient. I know I will eventually get everything, so as long as Windows Defender keeps updating, I am okay.

    p.s. changing from one "ring" to the other could have a delay of 24 hours before you see anything.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,665
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       21 Aug 2015 #17

    CountMike said: View Post
    I think it was #2.
    Should have been 1., Mike.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 6,946
    All kinds
       21 Aug 2015 #18

    Wynona said: View Post
    Should have been 1., Mike.
    I saw that LZX-Compressed.... so assumed it was because of #2, never really payed any attention to that process, it just worked for me every time.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Aug 2015
    Posts : 15
    Windows 10 & WIndows 8.1 64 bits
       21 Aug 2015 #19

    simrick said: View Post
    Are you on the fast ring or the slow ring for insider builds? You could try toggling from fast to slow, reboot, toggle to fast again, and see if that makes it come through. Still, I think your ESD file is bad (it happens sometimes). I would be patient and wait. There was not much in 10525 in the way of features, and the way memory is handled, so it's not a big deal if you don't have it for a little while.

    I myself switched to slow ring, and it has not come through for me yet. I will be patient. I know I will eventually get everything, so as long as Windows Defender keeps updating, I am okay.

    p.s. changing from one "ring" to the other could have a delay of 24 hours before you see anything.
    I am on the fast ring & will toggle then wait for more than 24 hrs.
    YES, Build 10525 has not much features but just interested for the memory management.
    I will wait for a next major upgrade if MS has it. Still Ccortana is not yet ready to use for Japanese version of the Windows 10.

    Thank you so much for all of your help and attention. BR
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Oct 2013
    Penns Forrest
    Posts : 3,506
    Win_8.1-Pro, Win_10.1607-Pro, Mint_17.3
       21 Aug 2015 #20

    yufuru said: View Post
    I am a having problen that can not complete (Install) "th2_release Professional 10525" with 0x80240031 error.

    I have tried so may time to install but never success and error message is always 0x80240031.

    I am "Windows Insider Program" member and updated from Windows 8.1 professional to WIndows 10 professional.

    Would appriceated very much if any one can give me any suggestion for this problem. BR, Yukio

    PS;

    I do have files and holders in
    $Windows.~BT holder when download but still never completed to install build 10525. May be still missing file (s) or holder (s)>
    Are you trying to update a Retail install (an upgraded OS) or an Insider install?

    I don't think you can lay 525 on top of a Retail install (an upgraded OS).

    You probably need to dual boot or run a VM for the insider build.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
will 8.1 backups still work
Good morning, I am waiting to receive my reserved copy of Windows 10. I am curious if my Acronis disk images of Win 8.1 will still work after upgrading to Win10? Thanks and regards, 2harts4ever
Performance & Maintenance
New Notifications -- don't work!
Like everyone else, I frequently get new Notifications in the latest build. So, I click on the icon in the system tray and open the panel. But, when I click on the notification in the panel, nothing happens. I've tried clicking, double-clicking,...
General Support
Can Not get Cortana to work on PC
I have my microphone and sound set up correctly. They both work in other applications. I also have Cortana set to on. However, when I click on Cortana's microphone there is no voice, only text asking what she can do for me. I say hey Cortana"...
Software and Apps
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums