ISO For Build 10525

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

  1. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #31

    Lee said:
    . . .off topic. . .Sorry not meaning to offend anyone, albeit for some reason I just dislike the word "lappy" which by the way I cannot find it in any dictionary. . .:)
    Of course you can't find it in any dictionary. It's slang for laptop. I use it for my Lappy 17, 15, etc. The same way I use "tab" for my tablet or 'droid for my Android devices.

    There will always be words we disagree with . . . it's the nature of the beast.

    Some have called those who aren't in the Windows 10 Insider Program "Outsiders". I object to that terminology because, to me, it seems to be insulting to those who have chosen 1. to leave the Insider Program or 2. have never joined the Insider Program. I'd rather call them non-Insiders, which describes without insult.

    So there you have it. Ain't gonna please all the people all the time. At all, never.
      My Computer


  2. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #32

    BunnyJ said:
    The issue I was referring to was concerning the posting of links to non MS downloads(ISO's and ESD's). It has zero to do with the skills or knowledge of Kari one bit. From now on do not post any link from a non MS source or it will be reported.

    Jeff
    With Kari it is a matter of respect. I did not post that link so please do not attempt to say I did. Also you are not a moderator . When you become one then you can tell me what to post and what not to post but please do not ever tell me I did something when I did not.:)
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #33

    Lee said:
    Hi Gary, Can I barrow that Magic Ball. . .:)
    Sure any time Lee, I did read that somewhere but in my old age I forgot where.:)
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 16,278
    W10Prox64
       #34

    Wynona said:
    Of course you can't find it in any dictionary. It's slang for laptop. I use it for my Lappy 17, 15, etc. The same way I use "tab" for my tablet or 'droid for my Android devices.......
    Wynona, you and I have the same vocabulary!

    Wynona said:
    .....Some have called those who aren't in the Windows 10 Insider Program "Outsiders". .....
    I'm leaning toward Unsiders. (Like 7-up, the Uncola - I think it's kinda cool)

    Wynona said:
    ....So there you have it. Ain't gonna please all the people all the time. At all, never.
    Tru DAT!
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 1,983
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       #35

    Wynona said:
    There will always be words we disagree with . . . it's the nature of the beast.

    Some have called those who aren't in the Windows 10 Insider Program "Outsiders". I object to that terminology because, to me, it seems to be insulting to those who have chosen 1. to leave the Insider Program or 2. have never joined the Insider Program. I'd rather call them non-Insiders, which describes without insult.

    So there you have it. Ain't gonna please all the people all the time. At all, never.
    Of course there is the tradition of the TLA in Computing :- Three Letter Acronyms

    So, those who have chosen 1. to leave the Insider Program are LIP (Left Insider Program), or 2. NIP have Never joined the Insider Program, and to make it a little more friendly, (like Lappy, for instance):

    LIPpys, or NIPpys, as opposed to IIPys (In the Insider Program).

    No Insult There, Is There (NITIT?)? :)
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #36

    Fafhrd said:
    Of course there is the tradition of the TLA in Computing :- Three Letter Acronyms

    So, those who have chosen 1. to leave the Insider Program are LIP (Left Insider Program), or 2. NIP have Never joined the Insider Program, and to make it a little more friendly, (like Lappy, for instance):

    LIPpys, or NIPpys, as opposed to IIPys (In the Insider Program).

    No Insult There, Is There (NITIT?)? :)
    Well, Fafhrd, the only problem I have with your acronyms is that I could never remember what each is for. Even with you writing the instructions on the boot heel, I still couldn't figure out TLA for awhile. :)

    Ummm, wouldn't NIP be NJIP?

    As you can see, acronyms are totally lost on me. :)
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 1,983
    Windows 10 x86 14383 Insider Pro and Core 10240
       #37

    The clue is Three Letter, so NIP is correct. Whereas NIP and LIP are acronyms, strangely TLA is not, because it cannot be pronounced (except in Klingon) - in itself it is a different TLA - a Three Letter Abbreviation
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 22,741
    Windows 10 Home x64
       #38

    Gary said:
    With Kari it is a matter of respect. I did not post that link so please do not attempt to say I did. Also you are not a moderator . When you become one then you can tell me what to post and what not to post but please do not ever tell me I did something when I did not.:)
    Gary... I'm following the rules, no more no less.
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 46
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       #39

    BunnyJ said:
    Gary... I'm following the rules, no more no less.
    As I am no more no less , but I do not make false accusations./:)
      My Computer


  10. Posts : 1,261
    Windows 11 (22581.100)
       #40

    Lee said:
    . . .off topic. . .Sorry not meaning to offend anyone, albeit for some reason I just dislike the word "lappy" which by the way I cannot find it in any dictionary. . .:)
    http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/de.../english/lappy
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:06.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums