Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

  1. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #21

    BunnyJ said: View Post
    I'm just curious.. how does Kari's opinion about this matter in the least bit. He's neither a mod or an admin and they're the opinions that matter. And posting a link to a non MS site is risky due to possible embedded malware/virus etc. That's the point.

    And I'm amazed that you didn't copy the install.esd before you did a disk clean up.
    And neither are you Jeff. Kari's credentials on this Forum and the other two make him matter, he is one of the smartest members on these forums. As I have posted I really did not have a real need for an ISO and when I ran the disk cleanup tool, I just overlooked that. I won't be doing a clean install of an Insider build so I really have no need for it.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  2. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #22

    simrick said: View Post
    Glad it worked for you Charlie!



    Did the quote not also say:

    "Notice please: the folder C:\RecoveryImage is the default location of Windows 10 TP install.esd file if you installed the upgrade. ..."

    So, since it appeared you had already done the upgrade, I thought you might look there as well.

    And, yeah, I read your post. No need to be so rude.

    Oh, and BTW, your comment about having hidden files showing was in a whole 'nother thread.
    I do not have a recovery image

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsk.PNG 
Views:	153 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	32677

    I never had one in Windows 7 either. I was not trying to be rude just being truthful. If you think I was rude then I apologize as that was not my intent.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  3. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       19 Aug 2015 #23

    Gary said: View Post
    I do not have a recovery image

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dsk.PNG 
Views:	153 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	32677

    I never had one in Windows 7 either. I was not trying to be rude just being truthful. If you think I was rude then I apologize as that was not my intent.
    Gary, the RecoveryImage being referred to is in the root of the C:\ drive, not in a recovery partition:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-recoveryimage.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	32678

    Telling me "If you would have taken the time to read what I posted" sounded rude to me.

    I searched and found the other thread you posted everything in, with your other information, Kari's response, etc. Please don't think I am being unhelpful, I was responding to this thread only.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  4. Joined : Sep 2014
    Posts : 92
    64-bit 10240 10 Pro
       19 Aug 2015 #24

    simrick said: View Post
    Gary, the RecoveryImage being referred to is in the root of the C:\ drive, not in a recovery partition:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c-recoveryimage.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	32678

    Telling me "If you would have taken the time to read what I posted" sounded rude to me.

    I searched and found the other thread you posted everything in, with your other information, Kari's response, etc. Please don't think I am being unhelpful, I was responding to this thread only.
    I don't, don't worry about it. but I do not have the one in your image either:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ex.PNG 
Views:	3 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	32686
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  5. Joined : Oct 2014
    Polk County Texas USA
    Posts : 11,675
    Windows 10 Insider Preview
       20 Aug 2015 #25

    ESD to ISO, Rufus to flash drive and clean install on Lappy 17! Everything went smooth as silk and I now have my writer's computer set up with my pen name and credentials.

    Of course I can't be two people in TenForums, but Microsoft lets me be who I want to be as long as I pay my bills (Office 365).
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  6. Joined : Apr 2015
    Posts : 9,142
    W10Prox64
       20 Aug 2015 #26

    Wynona said: View Post
    ESD to ISO, Rufus to flash drive and clean install on Lappy 17! Everything went smooth as silk and I now have my writer's computer set up with my pen name and credentials.

    Of course I can't be two people in TenForums, but Microsoft lets me be who I want to be as long as I pay my bills (Office 365).
    still waiting on the slow ring...but that's ok by me right now.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  7. Joined : Aug 2015
    City of Love, Province of Faith
    Posts : 1
    Windows 10 Enterprise
       20 Aug 2015 #27

    any link for Build 10525?
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  8. Joined : Oct 2013
    Standish, Lancashire
    Posts : 4,776
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Aug 2015 #28

    rata said: View Post
    any link for Build 10525?
    NO.
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  9. Joined : Jan 2014
    Oak Ridge TN, USA
    Posts : 23,934
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       20 Aug 2015 #29

    Gary said: View Post
    And neither are you Jeff. Kari's credentials on this Forum and the other two make him matter, he is one of the smartest members on these forums. As I have posted I really did not have a real need for an ISO and when I ran the disk cleanup tool, I just overlooked that. I won't be doing a clean install of an Insider build so I really have no need for it.
    The issue I was referring to was concerning the posting of links to non MS downloads(ISO's and ESD's). It has zero to do with the skills or knowledge of Kari one bit. From now on do not post any link from a non MS source or it will be reported.

    Jeff
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


  10. Joined : Nov 2013
    Idaho USA
    Posts : 4,534
    OS X, Win 10
       20 Aug 2015 #30

    . . .off topic. . .Sorry not meaning to offend anyone, albeit for some reason I just dislike the word "lappy" which by the way I cannot find it in any dictionary. . .
      My System SpecsSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Build 10525 Stopped at 92% of the upgrade.
After updating fine for a while, the update stopped running. On the black background the title is: Upgrading Windows 92% show inside the blue circle outline At the bottom of the screen is the following information: Configuring settings...
Windows Insider
Insider Build 10525
Now since there is already an RTM, what will become of this build when it is ready for Prime time? Will it then become the RTM, or will it become the SR1?
Windows Insider
10525 build: No key to enter
According to Brink announcement (5th paragraph) there is no Product Key to enter: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 - Windows 10 Forums To be confirmed... Thank's for creating this new portion of Win Ten forum.
Windows Insider
Solved Watermarks after Update to Build 10525
Got this after updating to the new Build 10525 Don't like it, want it gone. 32376 Thanks in advance.
Windows Insider
Solved Question on Windows Old using Build 10525
I was wondering if it would be OK to remove Windows Old in this build? I can always go back to the RTM with MR.
General Support
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+



Windows 10 Forums