Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    18 Aug 2015 #1
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055

    Watermarks after Update to Build 10525


    Got this after updating to the new Build 10525
    Don't like it, want it gone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Build10525.jpg 
Views:	1577 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	32376
    Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    18 Aug 2015 #2
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055
    Thread Starter

    Found the solution, however I find that in system properties that it is stating that this is an Insider Preview, no longer RTM. Not sure that is the correct way to apply updates, however I'll live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by StanP50 View Post
    Got this after updating to the new Build 10525
    Don't like it, want it gone.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Build10525.jpg 
Views:	1577 
Size:	29.5 KB 
ID:	32376
    Thanks in advance.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    18 Aug 2015 #3
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 445
    Redstone_Four

    On my side its totally the inverse. This digital watermark drives me to install the latest build to test.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  4.    18 Aug 2015 #4
    Join Date : Apr 2014
    Space coast of Florida
    Posts : 5,373
    Windows 10 Pro X64 16299.19

    Didn't even know the new build was available. My Oracle VirtualBox is having a lot of trouble working under Windows 10.

    Download 10525 now though.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  5.    18 Aug 2015 #5
    Join Date : May 2015
    Posts : 445
    Redstone_Four

    I won't install it today: I'm out of flash drive to build an ISO image. Will keep 10240 aside just in case...
    Got it here: ** REMOVED **
    Take good note that only the Pro version is available now.
    Last edited by Brink; 19 Aug 2015 at 20:02. Reason: unofficial direct download links not allowed
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  6.    18 Aug 2015 #6
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Wolves, England
    Posts : 1,634
    W7 Pro x64 | W10 IP x64 | Linux Mint VM

    Quote Originally Posted by StanP50 View Post
    Found the solution, however I find that in system properties that it is stating that this is an Insider Preview, no longer RTM. Not sure that is the correct way to apply updates, however I'll live with it.
    It is an Insider Preview, not an update. It's the new build for Insiders to test, if you don't want new Insider builds to test you should consider leaving the Insider program as this will happen a lot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    19 Aug 2015 #7
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055
    Thread Starter

    Your absolutely correct...and as a result, some vital programs I need do not function properly as a result...so have gone back to the stable RTM and no more insider builds. Like it just the was it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozad View Post
    It is an Insider Preview, not an update. It's the new build for Insiders to test, if you don't want new Insider builds to test you should consider leaving the Insider program as this will happen a lot.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  8.    19 Aug 2015 #8

    It's probably a good idea to test this build on a virtual machine and keep your RTM safe until these updates go public.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  9.    19 Aug 2015 #9
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 65
    Windows 10 Pro RS2 Build 1703 15055
    Thread Starter

    Could not agree more, and if I had realized it was a full build instead of an update, that's exactly what I would have done. No problem, all is as it was. The additions or enhancements that were included in this I have no real need for so no biggie.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  10.    19 Aug 2015 #10
    Join Date : Sep 2014
    Posts : 729
    win 7 dual boot / 10

    Quote Originally Posted by StanP50 View Post
    Could not agree more, and if I had realized it was a full build instead of an update, that's exactly what I would have done. No problem, all is as it was. The additions or enhancements that were included in this I have no real need for so no biggie.
    Stan
    Glad you got back to rtm with no problems, Just in case you might make sure you have that action stopped. Settings/update/advance options
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stop insider builds.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	32507
      My ComputerSystem Spec

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525
Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 10525 | Blogging Windows How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
New update package on Windows Update for PC build 10240 today
622153285609218048 622153799453401088 622154407015116801 UPDATE: KB3074665 update now available, and requires restart. How to Check for and Install Windows Updates in Windows 10
Windows 10 News
Update vs new build
I'm confused about the new builds. This is the first time I have ever had an evaluation version such as Windows 10. Since I have 10 I'm surprised at the different builds. What is the difference between a major update such as a service pack that I'm...
Windows Updates and Activation
Solved Can't update win 10 build
I keep geting this error "Couldn't update to windows 10" ( I already have win 10 just assuming this a new build or something. ) "Sorry,we couldn't complete the update to windows 10. We've restored your previous version of windows to this pc." ...
Windows Updates and Activation
Cant Update to Build 10074
I tried updating to the latest build but when my computer restarts and turns back on, it gave me this error. 0xc1900101 - 0x30018 Here's a picture. Imgur
Installation and Upgrade
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums