Windows 10 - Windows Insider Slow Ring Feature Update not downloading


  1. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit
       #1

    Windows 10 - Windows Insider Slow Ring Feature Update not downloading


    I am on the slow ring of Windows Insider and my Operating System is Windows 10 Prof Version 2004 (OS Build 19037.1). There is a feature update available for this version but its download commences and stops in about 30 seconds without downloading anything. The messages that I received are shown below.


    The error code in the second message is not of much help. This had happened last time also but the download had stopped after reaching over 80%. I had then updated after using the Media Creation Tool as learnt from this Forum then. However at that time I had to reinstall all my Third Party Apps My question is: Is there some way to update without losing the third Party Apps?
      My Computer

  2. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,131
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #2

    junglee said:
    I am on the slow ring of Windows Insider and my Operating System is Windows 10 Prof Version 2004 (OS Build 19037.1). There is a feature update available for this version but its download commences and stops in about 30 seconds without downloading anything. The messages that I received are shown below.


    The error code in the second message is not of much help. This had happened last time also but the download had stopped after reaching over 80%. I had then updated after using the Media Creation Tool as learnt from this Forum then. However at that time I had to reinstall all my Third Party Apps My question is: Is there some way to update without losing the third Party Apps?
    The 2 messages do not show anything, just blocks.

    I believe there was an issue where you needed to get back to 19035 first before being able to go to 19041. Sounds nuts, I know.

    If you have a backup to get there, restore it. If not, you will need to get the ISO for 19035 and clean install it, you cannot downgrade with an in-place repair.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thank you f14tomcat for your quick response. I have a backup of 19035 but how confident are you that your suggestion would work; about 80%? Anyway I think that there is no harm in trying.


    f14tomcat said:
    The 2 messages do not show anything, just blocks.

    I believe there was an issue where you needed to get back to 19035 first before being able to go to 19041. Sounds nuts, I know.

    If you have a backup to get there, restore it. If not, you will need to get the ISO for 19035 and clean install it, you cannot downgrade with an in-place repair.
      My Computer

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,131
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #4

    junglee said:
    Thank you f14tomcat for your quick response. I have a backup of 19035 but how confident are you that your suggestion would work; about 80%? Anyway I think that there is no harm in trying.
    99.9%
      My Computers


  5. Posts : 80
    Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Make it 100% because it has worked for me.Thank you very much for your suggestion.

    f14tomcat said:
    99.9%
      My Computer

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 53,131
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #6

    junglee said:
    Make it 100% because it has worked for me.Thank you very much for your suggestion.
    You're welcome.
      My Computers


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:01.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums