Having Issues updating to Slow Ring


  1. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
       #1

    Having Issues updating to Slow Ring


    Hello all,

    Basically I'm trying to jump to the slow ring, I did search a bit for an answer before asking. I gave up after a few days so here I am I need some help guys.. Should I stay away or maybe look for an .iso image to force an upgrade? Spec's should be posted will post the picture of the issue. This normally happens with any new version of windows. Sometimes I need to wait several weeks and force update.

    Want to see if the driver warning is a real risk? I get that for most new builds of windows for some reason.

    Current Insider I'm trying to update to is Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.19041.21 (vb_release)
    Current Os Build is 1903

    Having Issues updating to Slow Ring-inkedapplicationframehost_iubmkpiktp_li.jpg
      My Computer

  2. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,895
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #2

    CptAnonymou5 said:
    Hello all,

    Basically I'm trying to jump to the slow ring, I did search a bit for an answer before asking. I gave up after a few days so here I am I need some help guys.. Should I stay away or maybe look for an .iso image to force an upgrade? Spec's should be posted will post the picture of the issue. This normally happens with any new version of windows. Sometimes I need to wait several weeks and force update.

    Want to see if the driver warning is a real risk? I get that for most new builds of windows for some reason.

    Current Insider I'm trying to update to is Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.19041.21 (vb_release)
    Current Os Build is 1903

    Having Issues updating to Slow Ring-inkedapplicationframehost_iubmkpiktp_li.jpg
    First you have to join the Windows Insider Program Just follow the instructions in the line below.

    Windows Insider Program | Get the latest Windows features
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Josey Wales said:
    First you have to join the Windows Insider Program Just follow the instructions in the line below.

    Windows Insider Program | Get the latest Windows features
    Yeah I am in the Insider program, I sign up every once in awhile then I get this error. Try to either force .iso update or give up. So I'm trying to figure out what and why I get this error anytime I try to update either to slow ring or when a new major release is out I always get this error.. Gets frustrating.
      My Computer

  4. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,895
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #4

    CptAnonymou5 said:
    Yeah I am in the Insider program, I sign up every once in awhile then I get this error. Try to either force .iso update or give up. So I'm trying to figure out what and why I get this error anytime I try to update either to slow ring or when a new major release is out I always get this error.. Gets frustrating.
    Per the image you posted , you are not on the latest release of 1909 which would be 18363.628. I can see nothing in your specs that would cause the error that you are given. You may want to try disabling the 3rd. Party AV and use Defender. You may want to undo any tweaks that you may have done. I do this every time there is an update. You also can try the UUP Dump.

    Select language for Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 (vb_release) amd64 - UUP dump
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Josey Wales said:
    Per the image you posted , you are not on the latest release of 1909 which would be 18363.628. I can see nothing in your specs that would cause the error that you are given. You may want to try disabling the 3rd. Party AV and use Defender. You may want to undo any tweaks that you may have done. I do this every time there is an update. You also can try the UUP Dump.

    Select language for Windows 10 Insider Preview 19041.1 (vb_release) amd64 - UUP dump
    Well I'm not quite sure what happened but I went out to eat, came back home to see the Insider Build downloaded I just installed it. So that cool and awesome ... But now I'm having a issue with windows update trying to update windows defender KB2267602 it just keeps flashing installing / downloading 0% -100% I uninstalled PandaDome AV to see if that was the issue that did not solve the issue. Should I make a new thread and mark this as solved? Sorry new to the forums. Having Issues updating to Slow Ring-vivaldi_iq1c18qxv7.png
      My Computer

  6. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,895
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #6

    CptAnonymou5 said:
    Well I'm not quite sure what happened but I went out to eat, came back home to see the Insider Build downloaded I just installed it. So that cool and awesome ... But now I'm having a issue with windows update trying to update windows defender KB2267602 it just keeps flashing installing / downloading 0% -100% I uninstalled PandaDome AV to see if that was the issue that did not solve the issue. Should I make a new thread and mark this as solved? Sorry new to the forums. Having Issues updating to Slow Ring-vivaldi_iq1c18qxv7.png
    That happened to me just run the WU update repair tool and restart your PC. It should go away.
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Josey Wales said:
    That happened to me just run the WU update repair tool and restart your PC. It should go away.
    Sadly no issues found with that tool.. I will keep digging around. Thanks for trying to help out though!
      My Computer

  8. Josey Wales's Avatar
    Posts : 24,895
    Win 10 Pro 19043.985
       #8

    CptAnonymou5 said:
    Sadly no issues found with that tool.. I will keep digging around. Thanks for trying to help out though!
    If you look in the Tutorial Section or Google there is a script that will totally rest Windows Update.

    https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/det...ate_agent.html
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 8
    Windows 10
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Josey Wales said:
    If you look in the Tutorial Section or Google there is a script that will totally rest Windows Update.

    Download Reset Windows Update Agent - MajorGeeks
    Ah thank you for your help.
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:27.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums