Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

  1. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
       #1

    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975


    Symptoms: pressing key combo WIN shift s brings up dimmed screen, but no controls work. Starting the app from Start brings up the app, but only get screenshot of the app, not any other Window.

    Solution - got it from @jimbo45, in his mention..

    Install an ENG keyboard to one of your languages, switch to it and restart computer.
    In my case, it is working fine now (with any keyboard in use)

    Jimbo45, please stop by, so I can say Thanks
      My Computers


  2. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #2

    AndreTen said:
    Symptoms: pressing key combo WIN shift s brings up dimmed screen, but no controls work. Starting the app from Start brings up the app, but only get screenshot of the app, not any other Window.

    Solution - got it from @jimbo45, in his mention..

    Install an ENG keyboard to one of your languages, switch to it and restart computer.
    In my case, it is working fine now (with any keyboard in use)

    Jimbo45, please stop by, so I can say Thanks
    Good afternoon, Andre. Mine is the same as yours. I filed feedback.

    I already have an English (US) keyboard and that's not a solution for me. Not putting a British keyboard on here; I'd probably have a worse mess if I did.
      My Computer


  3. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Wynona said:
    Good afternoon, Andre. Mine is the same as yours. I filed feedback.

    I already have an English (US) keyboard and that's not a solution for me. Not putting a British keyboard on here; I'd probably have a worse mess if I did.
    try to add US international... you can remove it later
      My Computers


  4. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #4

    AndreTen said:
    try to add US international... you can remove it later
    Nah, I've never had occasion to add or change my keyboard; I don't even know how.
      My Computer


  5. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Wynona said:
    Nah, I've never had occasion to add or change my keyboard; I don't even know how.
    It is really easy: Go to settings / Time and Language / select Language on the left menu / click on your preferred language and click on Options

    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-image.png

    This brings you to the page where you can add keyboards. Pick one and you're done
    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-image.png
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #6

    AndreTen said:
    It is really easy: Go to settings / Time and Language / select Language on the left menu / click on your preferred language and click on Options

    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-image.png

    This brings you to the page where you can add keyboards. Pick one and you're done
    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-image.png
    I guess you know I'm coming after you with my chain saw if this doesn't work!
      My Computer


  7. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       #7

    Wynona said:
    I guess you know I'm coming after you with my chain saw if this doesn't work!
    Now I'm really scared... I shouldn't post this

    Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-afraidscared01.gif
      My Computers


  8. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #8

    Wynona said:
    I guess you know I'm coming after you with my chain saw if this doesn't work!
    You're safe. It worked after a reboot.

    Kinda looks like maybe only US English is affected?
      My Computer


  9. Posts : 26,991
    Windows 10 (Pro and Insider Pro)
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Wynona said:
    You're safe. It worked after a reboot.

    Kinda looks like maybe only US English is affected?

    It worked?

    No, I had only Slovenian kbd.Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-yes.gif
      My Computers


  10. Posts : 29,075
    Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.1023
       #10

    AndreTen said:
    It worked?

    No, I had only Slovenian kbd.Snip & Sketch not working in build 18975-yes.gif
    Oh! I stand corrected.

    Wonder what the devs did to mess this up?
      My Computer


 

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 20:16.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums