UUP Dump Site - multiple versions of Insider Preview 18932.1000 amd64 Solved

  1. thewizardoz's Avatar
    Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview Build 18875.1000 20H1
       #1

    UUP Dump Site - multiple versions of Insider Preview 18932.1000 amd64


    Do you or anyone know what the difference (apart from size) is between these 3 please?

    Windows 10 Insider Preview 18932.1000 (rs_prerelease) (3) amd64 x64 2019-07-03 21:00:20 UTC
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 18932.1000 (rs_prerelease) (2) amd64 x64 2019-07-03 20:00:32 UTC
    Windows 10 Insider Preview 18932.1000 (rs_prerelease) amd64 x64 2019-07-03 16:00:37 UTC

    Thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. IownAmoneyPit's Avatar
    Posts : 843
    Windows 10 Home/10 Pro x 3/Windows 10 Insider Preview ?
       #2

    @f14tomcat gives an excellent explanation of why there are multiple versions of the Insider Preview in the link below.

    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18932 (20H1) - July 3
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3. thewizardoz's Avatar
    Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview Build 18875.1000 20H1
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Thanks IownAmoneyPit and of course f14tomcat
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,506
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.529, 18898,18362.116
       #4

    The creator of the website, whatever127 (formerly known as mkuba50), announced this change a few days ago:

    UUP dump website has been modified to not remove superseded builds (instead new builds have a number appended to make them easily recognizable that they are newer). Additional change is addition of a few useful informations on the language selection page.

    The Ring shows which ring was used to retrieve the update. If the update is available in multiple rings, but has the same ID, only the information about first check is saved.
    Last edited by LEOPEVA64; 1 Week Ago at 04:45.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,080
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #5

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    The creator of the website, whatever127 (formerly known as mkuba50), announced this change a few days ago:
    Which raises a question, least to me. What causes an Insider Build to be superseded? And is the last one (highest # in brackets) the correct one? If so, why have the others? Did whatever127 build his bits before MS finalized their server bits?

    Being fast/skippy are still on the same track as of this build, still merged, it's unclear which should be taken as the ISO maker.

    Really like to find some bottom line answers. I've made all 3 now, and the size is identical, name is identical, but all 3 have different hashes (using Winhasher), as expected.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 1,506
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.529, 18898,18362.116
       #6

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    Which raises a question, least to me. What causes an Insider Build to be superseded? And is the last one (highest # in brackets) the correct one? If so, why have the others? Did whatever127 build his bits before MS finalized their server bits?

    Being fast/skippy are still on the same track as of this build, still merged, it's unclear which should be taken as the ISO maker.

    Really like to find some bottom line answers. I've made all 3 now, and the size is identical, name is identical, but all 3 have different hashes (using Winhasher), as expected.
    New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18932 (20H1) - July 3
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  7. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 42,080
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       #7

    That is perfect! Thank you!
    3. Which update do you recommend to download?- If you see multiple updates with the same name but with a number appended, then the update with the largest number is most likely the most complete.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8. thewizardoz's Avatar
    Posts : 29
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview Build 18875.1000 20H1
    Thread Starter
       #8

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    That is perfect! Thank you!
    3. Which update do you recommend to download?- If you see multiple updates with the same name but with a number appended, then the update with the largest number is most likely the most complete.
    Yes...and what I first missed when I tried to compare the different files was this small but important part:-

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	239345

    Thanks guys for pointing this out.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
UPDATE 7/10: New Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 18936 (20H1) - July 10 Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2019/07/03/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-18932/ 1146449585457397761...
I am trying to do latest Windows update and it warns me about driver issue but doesn't tell me driver :confused:
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17713.1000 in Windows Updates and Activation
Windows 10 Insider Preview 17713.1000 (rs5_release) will not load. It gets to 95 or 99 percent then stops. I tried numerous times.
No matter what all I get is the error message that it can't install to a thumbdrive I have a brand new WD 240 GiG SSD that's been working great.
I have read there is a problem with one of the "Insider Updates" and those with an AMD Processor. I checked and I am in the process of receiving the above mentioned update (presently 64%). In the past I have had a problem with an Insider Update...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:52.
Find Us