Leaving Insider

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  1. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
       #1

    Leaving Insider


    A week ago I reactivated a laptop which was running an Insider build of 1803 and got this straight away and several times per session since -

    Leaving Insider-capture.png

    - problem is July 2 was three weeks ago and WU seems to think the laptop is already on 1803 so isn't offering it. As you can only leave the Insider program when running a production version it seems possible I may have to wait for 1809 to get a production build unless anyone here has a workable solution.
      My Computer

  2. Berton's Avatar
    Posts : 11,589
    Win10 Pro Versions 2004 and 2009/20H2, Win10 Pro IP_Dev, Win10 Home 1909
       #2

    Hold down the Windows key and press R, type winver to check your Version and Build numbers. The RTM version is now Version 1803 Build 17134.191 and the IP/Insider Preview is Version 1803 Build 17723.xxxx. My IPs have expiration dates of 12/14/18 at 11:49AM.
      My Computers


  3. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #3

    Edit


    Ha! Had another warning while reading your reply - dims the screen and renders the system dumb. Anyway it's on IP 17127.1 and not showing any sign it intends to move on - Up To Date

    After reactivating the system I did opt to Stop Insider Preview Builds btw, which is probably why nothing at all is happening apart from security updates. I can't roll back either, outside the 10 day limit.
    Last edited by Fixer; 28 Jul 2018 at 13:03. Reason: new info
      My Computer


  4. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #4

    Read some more and it does look like my first assumption - that I'll have to wait for 1809 - is probably the bottom line. In the meantime, in order to stop getting these warnings, I'd better start getting insider updates again. Thanks.
      My Computer

  5. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,106
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #5

    Fixer said:
    Read some more and it does look like my first assumption - that I'll have to wait for 1809 - is probably the bottom line. In the meantime, in order to stop getting these warnings, I'd better start getting insider updates again. Thanks.
    You could always clean install. Gruesome, maybe, but you'd be back on a clean 1803 17134.
      My Computers


  6. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #6

    If 1803 was worth it I might do that, but it's bug-ridden. I've reverted one system to 1709 as networking was non-functional and there is also a variety of issues on the other systems.
      My Computer


  7. cereberus's Avatar
    Posts : 12,386
    Windows10
       #7

    Fixer said:
    Ha! Had another warning while reading your reply - dims the screen and renders the system dumb. Anyway it's on IP 17127.1 and not showing any sign it intends to move on - Up To Date

    After reactivating the system I did opt to Stop Insider Preview Builds btw, which is probably why nothing at all is happening apart from security updates. I can't roll back either, outside the 10 day limit.
    As you are on 17127.1 which predates 17134, all you have to do is download 17134 iso, mount it as a drive and run setup.exe to upgrade to official 1803, then you can leave Insider Programme.
      My Computer


  8. Posts : 120
    Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
    Thread Starter
       #8

    Software and settings unaffected? Anyway if I image first I can safely try it. Thanks.
      My Computer

  9. JMedlock83's Avatar
    Posts : 617
    Windows 10 Pro x64
       #9

    I joined insider yesterday, then 5 minutes later, changed my mind. I don't want Insider Builds automatically installed on my PC without my permission.
      My Computers

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 55,106
    Multi-boot Windows 10 - RTM, RP, Beta, and Insider
       #10

    Fixer said:
    Software and settings unaffected? Anyway if I image first I can safely try it. Thanks.
    You said in post #6 you were staying on 1709 due to 1803 being so bug ridden...network issues and others. Did something change your mind? I had suggested a clean install to put you on 1803. End result is no different than updating to 1803 with an ISO. You'll still be on 1803. Just curious.
      My Computers


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

  Related Discussions
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:58.
Find Us




Windows 10 Forums