Windows 10: Getting Sets back via the RegEdit (Anyone tried this?)

  1. CallMeSteven's Avatar
    Posts : 365
    Windows 10 Pro x64 Insider Preview
       04 May 2018 #1

    Getting Sets back via the RegEdit (Anyone tried this?)


    Currently running RS5 build 17661. I have been using this method to get Sets back, but using Hibernate to ensure Sets are not lost via a reboot (which was happening on my PC).

    However today I saw on the Feedback Hub a Registry 'fix' as below. Anyone tried this???

    1) open Regedit. Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SEMgr

    2) verify subkey Private is empty, only a blank (default) value

    3) verify subkey Test is empty, only a blank (default) value

    4) in UI subkey, note there should be single DWORD value CardEmulationState

    5) open Task Manager & kill all Windows Explorer processes

    6) In regedit, DELETE CardEmulationState value entirely (not just the value of it, the entire entry)

    7) Recreate the (same) key from scratch: new DWORD (32bit) value, name it CardEmulationState, and set its value to 5. No copy/paste, type in entries by hand.

    8) Exit regedit.

    9) Perform Ctrl-Alt-Delete and restart by using the power icon in lower-right corner
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,441
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       06 May 2018 #2

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    Currently running RS5 build 17661. I have been using this method to get Sets back, but using Hibernate to ensure Sets are not lost via a reboot (which was happening on my PC).

    However today I saw on the Feedback Hub a Registry 'fix' as below. Anyone tried this???

    1) open Regedit. Navigate to HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SEMgr

    2) verify subkey Private is empty, only a blank (default) value
    I got here and found: (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    3) verify subkey Test is empty, only a blank (default) value
    I got here and found: (Default) REG_SZ (Value not set)

    CallMeSteven said: View Post
    4) in UI subkey, note there should be single DWORD value CardEmulationState

    5) open Task Manager & kill all Windows Explorer processes

    6) In regedit, DELETE CardEmulationState value entirely (not just the value of it, the entire entry)

    7) Recreate the (same) key from scratch: new DWORD (32bit) value, name it CardEmulationState, and set its value to 5. No copy/paste, type in entries by hand.

    8) Exit regedit.

    9) Perform Ctrl-Alt-Delete and restart by using the power icon in lower-right corner
    So, I stopped and closed Regedit!
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 

Related Threads
Introducing Sets in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News
Source: Introducing Sets - Windows Insider How to Turn On or Off Tabs in apps (Sets) in Windows 10
I was trying to download/install a program, but did not have enough space in my C drive. As the download/installation was automatic, I could not directly select for the installation to occur where I wanted, my D drive (a memory card). So, I used...
Edge has its own sets of fonts in Browsers and Email
Just a curiosity, but Edge has 2 private sets of fonts located in: \Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\Assets\Fonts called BrowserMDL.ttf 54943
Trying to set up my windows 10 pro laptops to connect to work via PPTP as have the IP address and my log in this works on windows 8.1 and windows 7 and my iPad. On the laptops one is on the works domina the other is not as my home machine, the VPN...
Hi there I installed a new 4 TB internal SATA HDD yesterday ( new data disk) -- Windows 10 prompted me immediately after W10 had booted (from an SSD) on boot up -- Uninitialized Disk select GUID / GPT or MBR. For HDD's > 2TB you need GPT to...

Tags for this Thread

Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 15:15.
Find Us