Ads are Now Being Force Fed! Solved

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,834
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
       #1

    Ads are Now Being Force Fed!


    I play Solitaire when I want to have something to do while working out a problem, but now Microsoft has made that impossible for me!

    In Build 17133, opening Solitaire got to be a PITA, but I continued to play. Now, in Build 17134, I am force fed an ad for another Microsoft game I do not want to play, much less watch ads for!

    If this is going to be the future of Windows 10, I may just be forced to go to another OS! This is my computer; it does not belong to Microsoft!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  2.    #2

    Wynona said: View Post
    I play Solitaire when I want to have something to do while working out a problem, but now Microsoft has made that impossible for me!

    In Build 17133, opening Solitaire got to be a PITA, but I continued to play. Now, in Build 17134, I am force fed an ad for another Microsoft game I do not want to play, much less watch ads for!

    If this is going to be the future of Windows 10, I may just be forced to go to another OS! This is my computer; it does not belong to Microsoft!
    @Wynona

    Install the Classic Games set from winaero.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    #3

    Wynona said: View Post
    I play Solitaire when I want to have something to do while working out a problem, but now Microsoft has made that impossible for me!

    In Build 17133, opening Solitaire got to be a PITA, but I continued to play. Now, in Build 17134, I am force fed an ad for another Microsoft game I do not want to play, much less watch ads for!

    If this is going to be the future of Windows 10, I may just be forced to go to another OS! This is my computer; it does not belong to Microsoft!
    I get them as well, there is nothing you can do to stop them unless you buy or I should say rent the game starting at $15.XX per year.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  4. Posts : 682
    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
       #4

    Running your own DNS server on a Raspberry Pi or in a VM would stop those ads.

    GitHub - pi-hole/pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements

    Some routers with aftermarket firmware are also able to stop this.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,834
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
    Thread Starter
       #5

    Edwin said: View Post
    @Wynona

    Install the Classic Games set from winaero.
    Linky? And thanks.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,834
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
    Thread Starter
       #6

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    I get them as well, there is nothing you can do to stop them unless you buy or I should say rent the game starting at $15.XX per year.
    I never thought I'd say it, but if this is the way Windows 10 is heading, then I'm gonna change to Linux. I will not pay extra for something as trivial as solitaire.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,834
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
    Thread Starter
       #7

    sml156 said: View Post
    Running your own DNS server on a Raspberry Pi or in a VM would stop those ads.

    GitHub - pi-hole/pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements

    Some routers with aftermarket firmware are also able to stop this.
    I don't think I want a Raspberry Pi. Besides, if I'm going to pay to stop ads, I think it would be a tad bit cheaper just to pay $15 a year for Solitaire.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    #8

    sml156 said: View Post
    Running your own DNS server on a Raspberry Pi or in a VM would stop those ads.

    GitHub - pi-hole/pi-hole: A black hole for Internet advertisements

    Some routers with aftermarket firmware are also able to stop this.
    That would violate Microsoft's Ten Commandments

    Don’t do anything illegal.
    Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
    Don’t send spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
    Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
    Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments).
    Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
    Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services, or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
    Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material, resale or other distribution of Bing maps, or photographs).
    Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
    Don’t help others break these rules.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 22,834
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18312
    Thread Starter
       #9

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    That would violate Microsoft's Ten Commandments

    Don’t do anything illegal.
    Don’t engage in any activity that exploits, harms, or threatens to harm children.
    Don’t send spam. Spam is unwanted or unsolicited bulk email, postings, contact requests, SMS (text messages), or instant messages.
    Don’t publicly display or use the Services to share inappropriate content or material (involving, for example, nudity, bestiality, pornography, offensive language, graphic violence, or criminal activity).
    Don’t engage in activity that is fraudulent, false or misleading (e.g., asking for money under false pretenses, impersonating someone else, manipulating the Services to increase play count, or affect rankings, ratings, or comments).
    Don’t circumvent any restrictions on access to or availability of the Services.
    Don’t engage in activity that is harmful to you, the Services, or others (e.g., transmitting viruses, stalking, posting terrorist content, communicating hate speech, or advocating violence against others).
    Don’t infringe upon the rights of others (e.g., unauthorized sharing of copyrighted music or other copyrighted material, resale or other distribution of Bing maps, or photographs).
    Don’t engage in activity that violates the privacy of others.
    Don’t help others break these rules.
    Ummm, does that mean Firefox and Chrome are violating those, then? I mean, I can put adblocker on my browsers.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10.    #10

    Wynona said: View Post
    Ummm, does that mean Firefox and Chrome are violating those, then? I mean, I can put adblocker on my browsers.
    Then half the Planet is violating it. This does not go into effect till May. It is amazing how MS can change their terms at will. The entire document is huge.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Related Threads
Solved How Do I Force a Program To Use more ram in Performance & Maintenance
Apparently my computer Has 8 GM of Ram,And I brought a Game With Above average graphics and I have to Install It takes a whooping 5 hours.When I go to Task manager to see how much RAM that setup is using 172623.WTH? Only 750Mb...... Is there any...
Force update under terminal ? in Installation and Upgrade
Hi, I'm currently under build 16188 (insider) and I'm facing an issue to update to next build. Everytime I try to open settings to update, it force close without any error message. So I want to know if it's possible to make the update with the...
I have a new backup drive (WD MyCloud) and new software to backup a large amount of data (1.5TB). the process is progressing extremely slow (only about 20 GB/day). When I look at task manager I see that little or no GPU and only 14% of memory...
How to force focus to a program in Software and Apps
I have a desktop computer I am using as a home theater PC to play movies on my HDTV via HDMI. I've got dual monitors, the HDTV is the secondary, the VGA PC monitor is the primary. I've got it set to login automatically the user account set up for...
Hi, So I was reading on the tenforums (as well as elsewhere) that supposedly forcing the windows kernel into RAM increases performance of Windows. Some of the write ups that I read suggested you only do this if you have an abundance of RAM,...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38.
Find Us