Windows 10: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
  1.    11 Dec 2017 #130

    fdegrove said: View Post
    Hi,

    The app that you need to open that page is Microsoft Tips.

    This is what I found on the web for this and it makes sense to me:



    Source:

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...4c17a60?auth=1

    Hope it helps,
    Tx...that worked.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 439
    Ubuntu 18.04, win 8.1 pro
       12 Dec 2017 #131

    VBF said: View Post
    Oh, my answer to @roy111 is that Quality Updates should not be deferred if you defer feature updates, but then again, this update should not have been a feature update.
    So unfortunately, the should and the reality appear to differ!
    there should be another cumulative update this week, that shuold contain also this one (?)
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    12 Dec 2017 #132

    roy111 said: View Post
    there should be another cumulative update this week, that shuold contain also this one (?)
    Why? Anyone......
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,986
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Dec 2017 #133

    roy111 said: View Post
    there should be another cumulative update this week, that shuold contain also this one (?)
    VBF said: View Post
    Why? Anyone......
    As a general answer, Cumulative Updates, such as the ones MS will release today, Patch Tuesday around 1pm ET, always include all updates. If you missed some in the past, accidentally or intentionally, they will be included.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    12 Dec 2017 #134

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    As a general answer, Cumulative Updates, such as the ones MS will release today, Patch Tuesday around 1pm ET, always include all updates. If you missed some in the past, accidentally or intentionally, they will be included.
    Oh! Was this KB4051963 not part of the December "patch Tuesday" bundle then? I thought it was but searching, i see it was actually released 30th November. Presumably it was released out of sequence I thought MS weren't going to do that for minor issues any more.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,986
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Dec 2017 #135

    VBF said: View Post
    Oh! Was this KB4051963 not part of the December "patch Tuesday" bundle then? I thought it was but searching, i see it was actually released 30th November. Presumably it was released out of sequence I thought MS weren't going to do that for minor issues any more.
    MS does still occasionally release what they refer to as Out-of-Band patches. They are then included in Cumulative Updates going forward. Some hardware specific patches may be the exception. Can't answer the part in blue because we havn't gotten December's yet.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7.    12 Dec 2017 #136

    f14tomcat said: View Post
    MS does still occasionally release what they refer to as Out-of-Band patches. They are then included in Cumulative Updates going forward. Some hardware specific patches may be the exception. Can't answer the part in blue because we havn't gotten December's yet.
    Gotcha! I initially made the incorrect assumption that this CU WAS actually part of December's bundle, then realised it was released in November, NOT December and it was only my settings that prevented it downloading sooner - which is why i set them the way I did - silly me!

    Thing is, I didn't realise MS were going to continue with these Out-of-Band patches - I thought the whole idea of the Feature and Quality Updates was that Quality Updates were released monthly unless a really serious issue came to light.

    So @roy111 you were right - there should be another CU this week which presumably will contain KB4051963, or whatever bits of it haven't been superseded.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Bree's Avatar
    Posts : 8,790
    10 Home x64 (1809) (10 Pro on 2nd pc)
       12 Dec 2017 #137

    VBF said: View Post
    ... Presumably it was released out of sequence I thought MS weren't going to do that for minor issues any more.
    It wasn't for a minor issue, but one that was serious for a number of commercial customers using dot-matrix printers (like those that print till receipts).
    Microsoft said:
    Addressed issue that impacted some Epson SIDM (Dot Matrix) and TM (POS) printers, which were failing to print on x86 and x64-based systems.
    (see first post)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9.    12 Dec 2017 #138

    Bree said: View Post
    It wasn't for a minor issue, but one that was serious for a number of commercial customers using dot-matrix printers (like those that print till receipts).
    (see first post)
    I must pay more attention! Sorry - I saw "dot-matrix" and just moved on, forgetting that it's still essential technology to many commercial concerns such as POS. I shall go to the back of the class and stop creating "FUD"..... Or maybe collect my P45 on the way out
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  10. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 36,986
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       12 Dec 2017 #139

    VBF said: View Post
    Gotcha! I initially made the incorrect assumption that this CU WAS actually part of December's bundle, then realised it was released in November, NOT December and it was only my settings that prevented it downloading sooner - which is why i set them the way I did - silly me!

    Thing is, I didn't realise MS were going to continue with these Out-of-Band patches - I thought the whole idea of the Feature and Quality Updates was that Quality Updates were released monthly unless a really serious issue came to light.

    So @roy111 you were right - there should be another CU this week which presumably will contain KB4051963, or whatever bits of it haven't been superseded.
    Yep! In about 2hr, 15 minutes.....
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/30: Cumulative Update KB4051963 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.98 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4048955 163809
UPDATE 11/14: Cumulative Update KB4048955 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.64 - Windows 10 Forums Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4043961 Find Windows 10 Version Number
918929244553482240 917827916217516032 915698213587361792 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16299 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Update: December 9th 2016 Cumulative Update KB3201845 had now been released to general public. Update: December 2nd 2016 Source: Feedback Hub
UPDATE: Download Windows 10 1607 Script fix to unblock update for Windows Insiders from Official Microsoft Download Center Source: Cumulative Update Build 14393.22 for PC and Build 14393.221 for Mobile now available - Feedback Hub How...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:01.
Find Us