Windows 10: What’s coming soon for Windows Insiders in upcoming flights Insider

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. dencal's Avatar
    Posts : 2,829
    W10 Pro + W10 Preview
       29 Nov 2017 #20

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    If someone else does not like or disagree with this (relatively) new A/B testing system that Microsoft is going to implement with the insiders, please upvote this comment in the Feedback hub: https://aka.ms/L9f2r1
    A pointless exercise....if you wish to be an Insider you are obliged to accept their terms.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2.    29 Nov 2017 #21

    dencal said: View Post
    A pointless exercise....if you wish to be an Insider you are obliged to accept their terms.
    Just doesn't mean we have to like it and not to be vocal about it. After all, it's one of main premises for Insider program !! It may be "pointless exercise" only if MS doesn't heed it.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    29 Nov 2017 #22

    CountMike said: View Post
    Just doesn't mean we have to like it and not to be vocal about it. After all, it's one of main premises for Insider program !! It may be "pointless exercise" only if MS doesn't heed it.
    What's the betting that they use Skippy as the mechanism to do this anyway (and we all know how to fool the skippy system)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    29 Nov 2017 #23

    cereberus said: View Post
    What's the betting that they use Skippy as the mechanism to do this anyway (and we all know how to fool the skippy system)?
    That would be too logical for MS to consider.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  5.    29 Nov 2017 #24

    Just made it 30 upvotes
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6. f14tomcat's Avatar
    Posts : 37,127
    Triple boot - Win 10 Pro, Win 10 Pro Insider (2) - (and a sprinkling of VMs)
       29 Nov 2017 #25

    Guess I was 29! :) Done!!
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. slicendice's Avatar
    Posts : 3,560
    Windows 10 Pro x64 v1809 Build 17763.104 (Branch: RS5 Release Preview)
       29 Nov 2017 #26

    I am not going to upvote against that A/B testing system.

    As a developer I can say MS decision is a really good one. Some features need more laser sharp focus than others. If the developers has a small selected group of insiders testing a new feature, they could more easily make more close communication regarding pros and cons, works and does not works etc...

    No point in having the whole world giving their opinion on something, when the developer would get overwhelmed by the feedback and the relevant information would get lost in the masses.

    Example: Why on earth would I want to get all the new and incredible Pen and Inking features, when I don't even own a PC with touch screen nor a touch pen? Why would MS ask for or need my opinion for those tools, when I don't have anything of real value to contribute. :)

    Filtering out the feedback trolls is a great thing. :)
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  8.    29 Nov 2017 #27

    slicendice said: View Post
    I am not going to upvote against that A/B testing system.

    As a developer I can say MS decision is a really good one. Some features need more laser sharp focus than others. If the developers has a small selected group of insiders testing a new feature, they could more easily make more close communication regarding pros and cons, works and does not works etc...

    No point in having the whole world giving their opinion on something, when the developer would get overwhelmed by the feedback and the relevant information would get lost in the masses.

    Example: Why on earth would I want to get all the new and incredible Pen and Inking features, when I don't even own a PC with touch screen nor a touch pen? Why would MS ask for or need my opinion for those tools, when I don't have anything of real value to contribute. :)

    Filtering out the feedback trolls is a great thing. :)
    Nobody is forcing you to use it. Point is that it should be open to those who want to test it. I have seen invite only "reviewers" in all sorts of walks of life, and the one common theme is they always seem to select people who they think will not "rock the boat".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    29 Nov 2017 #28

    slicendice said: View Post
    I am not going to upvote against that A/B testing system.

    As a developer I can say MS decision is a really good one. Some features need more laser sharp focus than others. If the developers has a small selected group of insiders testing a new feature, they could more easily make more close communication regarding pros and cons, works and does not works etc...

    No point in having the whole world giving their opinion on something, when the developer would get overwhelmed by the feedback and the relevant information would get lost in the masses.

    Example: Why on earth would I want to get all the new and incredible Pen and Inking features, when I don't even own a PC with touch screen nor a touch pen? Why would MS ask for or need my opinion for those tools, when I don't have anything of real value to contribute. :)

    Filtering out the feedback trolls is a great thing. :)
    I'm not really concerned about MS and what's good for them, they are big enough to take care.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       29 Nov 2017 #29

    I'm wondering why Myerson made the announcement and Dona had just a tweet. Leads me to think there may be management shuffling going on within MS again.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Related Threads
Upcoming Windows 10 Update on August 2 in Windows Updates and Activation
My computer shop has told me that this is scheduled for August 2 and it is a major update, designed to cure and improve W10, following what has been learned since its launch. He advises creating a Restore Point on Aug. 1 (which my system does...
Windows 10 Mobile 14352 coming on Tuesday for Insiders Source: http://www.windowslatest.com/2016/05/29/windows-10-mobile-build-14352-coming-tuesday-insiders/
Source: Upcoming changes to Windows 10 Insider Preview builds UPDATE HERE: https://www.tenforums.com/windows-10-news/7306-upcoming-changes-windows-10-insider-preview-builds-updated-6-22-a.html How to Backup and Restore your Project Spartan...
Read more: Six features coming to Windows 10 not available to Insiders, yet
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04.
Find Us