Windows 10: When FCC Kills Net Neutrality, Here's What Internet Could Look Like

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       28 Nov 2017 #21

    vram said: View Post
    I think the internet (in the US) will have to implode under the greed of the telecoms before it gets better.

    Weíre going to have to sit back and watch it burn until people get mad, raise enough stink for the government to step in and put a stop to it.

    When it finally happens, I hope it begins with the breakup of ATT, Comcast, Charter and Verizon. After that, bar any ISP from also owning a media company. Itís a conflict of interest. Youíre a dumb pipe, nothing more. Finally classify ISPs as a utility like the power company. The internet is no longer a luxury service and itís time to start treating it as such.
    You may be right about the implosion, but hopefully it won't have to get to that point. Don't want to see people out of work due to ISPs' greed. There should be a citizens' watch group along with the government that oversees this just as with utility companies. And I feel you're also correct that it should be classified a utility. Although I'm in a certain utility's area I get to choose who I buy my gas, electricity, and water from. This creates competition, which keeps greed down and prices low.

    I also agree that that it is indeed a conflict of interest. They shouldn't own any media company. Helps to eliminate propaganda.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  2. Posts : 38,043
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
    Thread Starter
       28 Nov 2017 #22

    Geneo said: View Post
    I actually get more than my "up-to" speed.
    That's one good thing I can say about my ISP. They do provision a little more than what I contract for. However this may be situational. I don't live in a heavily populated area and most of my neighbors have a different ISP, so I don't see any traffic bog down at peak times.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  3.    28 Nov 2017 #23

    vram said: View Post
    I think the internet (in the US) will have to implode under the greed of the telecoms before it gets better.

    Weíre going to have to sit back and watch it burn until people get mad, raise enough stink for the government to step in and put a stop to it.

    When it finally happens, I hope it begins with the breakup of ATT, Comcast, Charter and Verizon. After that, bar any ISP from also owning a media company. Itís a conflict of interest. Youíre a dumb pipe, nothing more. Finally classify ISPs as a utility like the power company. The internet is no longer a luxury service and itís time to start treating it as such.
    Judge Green Broke up AT&T back in the early 1980's and it is now more of a monopoly that it was then. Now this is my final post on this topic as with the reference to Mr Fake--Politics has already begun in this thread,/
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4.    28 Nov 2017 #24

    Net Neutrality isn't about ones upload/download speeds. It the speed that content providers have access to. If providers such as Netflix have to pay more to provide us content then the increase is going to be passed on to the customers. Companies such as Comcast provide their own content and want there content to be our first choice. This is a example of greed at it's best.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  5. Posts : 2,691
    3-Win-7Prox64 2-Win10Prox64
       28 Nov 2017 #25

    Hi,
    Funny I was under the impression it was all about data usage and inadequate data plans for that usage
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  6.    28 Nov 2017 #26

    Isn't it wonderful...

    Money can buy anything these days, even a country like the US of A
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7.    28 Nov 2017 #27

    Winuser said: View Post
    Net Neutrality isn't about ones upload/download speeds. It the speed that content providers have access to. If providers such as Netflix have to pay more to provide us content then the increase is going to be passed on to the customers. Companies such as Comcast provide their own content and want there content to be our first choice. This is a example of greed at it's best.
    That is correct and if A Gamer thinks he will be able to use Steam for free, guess again. This is absolutely not good for the consumer at all end of story./
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8.    28 Nov 2017 #28

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    That is correct and if A Gamer thinks he will be able to use Steam for free, guess again. This is absolutely not good for the consumer at all end of story./
    Just how many absolutely last posts are v you going to make on this subject? I believe this is you third so far.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9.    28 Nov 2017 #29

    NavyLCDR said: View Post
    Just how many absolutely last posts are v you going to make on this subject? I believe this is you third so far.
    Last post until the next post.
      My ComputerSystem Spec


  10. Posts : 296
    Windows 10 Pro 1709 16299.192
       29 Nov 2017 #30

    Josey Wales said: View Post
    If this goes through the speed to certain sites can be controlled, the NET will never be the same. Play Steam Games? They will charge a fee. AT&T, Google Comcastand Verizon are behind this. This is a serious matter and it must be stopped.
    This has already happened. My ISP "COX", when net-neutrality was implemented, they implemented caps on all of their speed levels (Max GB downloads). If you need more, yes you should pay for it. If your a gamer or love to watch 4k HD movies day and night, why should I have to pay for infrastructure updates (Because you are hogging the bandwidth). since I don't use that volume of band width.

    Whats fair should be fair.

    JMHO
    Last edited by storageman; 29 Nov 2017 at 15:57.
      My ComputersSystem Spec


 
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Related Threads
CLOSE_WAIT Issue, Kills Internet in Network and Sharing
So recently every few days I have been losing some functionality of the internet, mainly browser functions (all three major) and a few other internet related things. I can ping and lookup and etc. Well I narrowed it down by the Event Log Error...
After successfully installing Win10 on one of our tablets, the other three tablets, which are still running Win8.1, can't access our internet connection (which works just fine on the Win10 machine and the two other Win7 machines that are hard wired...
Read more: FCC approves Net Neutrality rules See also: Microsoft backs FCC vote, happy about net neutrality rules
Source: The White House
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:10.
Find Us