Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider

Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       02 Dec 2017 #290

    Oh? I have a PHD in real-life situations. Like with $multi-k building contracts. When something went wrong or wasn't working out properly, I wanted to know why so I could correct the situation in order to make profit instead of losing my arse. I should think it would be the same with testing software. Sure, I wouldn't be able to correct the code for I'm not a coder, nor do I know the source code, but at least I could get some insight about it.

    I'm not expecting a reason for every nitpicky bug that comes along, but a major one like the AMD block I surely do think we deserve at least some kind of reason for it. After all, isn't that why they called it the "Insider" program and not the "Outsider"?

    BTW, UUPtoISO and the UUP Dump methods are great in case we have to clean install after an update failure, but I should think MS would rather have us attempt the upgrade via WU first so they get the telemetry needed to correct or improve that method.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,009
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Dec 2017 #291

    I am Master of Philosophy in Off Topic and PhD in Internal Usage of Malt Based Liquids, I'll test Insider builds when they provide some which work on my machine.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  3.    02 Dec 2017 #292

    Okay......

    17046 will not install! Clean, in place, upgrade or otherwise!

    - I signed out of MS account on all devices,
    - removed all devices online,
    - plugged in a brand new Samsung EVO SSD,
    - unplugged all other drives and devices...

    No go!!!

    17025 installed fine!

    I give up!!!
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  4. LEOPEVA64's Avatar
    Posts : 840
    WINDOWS 10 Pro x64 builds 17763.55, 18252.1000.
       02 Dec 2017 #293

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    but I should think MS would rather have us attempt the upgrade via WU first so they get the telemetry needed to correct or improve that method.
    Microsoft already has enough telemetry on that and they have not improved anything, I already said it two weeks ago:

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    I am glad that more people know and start using this tool, I have already made too many comments and feedback about the UUP system and Microsoft does not pay attention to them, apparently they think that this system works perfectly and I don't think they make many changes, for some insiders work excellent, but for others like me, the download and installation times are insufferable, for months now I don't use WU to install the builds, yesterday, just out of curiosity, I went back to use it and nothing has improved, thanks to author of this wonderful tool I don't have to deal with that anymore.
    Recently someone on Twitter commented something about this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lkl.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	166475
    This was the response of Brandon LeBlanc:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	166476
    As if there were not enough comments about that in the Feedback hub... as I said before, they think that this system works perfect since in the PCs that they have everything works very well so I don't think that they are going to make any change or "improvement".
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 21,425
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       02 Dec 2017 #294

    LEOPEVA64 said: View Post
    Microsoft already has enough telemetry on that and they have not improved anything, I already said it two weeks ago:


    Recently someone on Twitter commented something about this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lkl.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	166475
    This was the response of Brandon LeBlanc:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	166476
    As if there were not enough comments about that in the Feedback hub... as I said before, they think that this system works perfect since in the PCs that they have everything works very well so I don't think that they are going to make any change or "improvement".
    Wasn't it complaining about this on twitter that Dona blocked Kari for? Oh and I've given up complaining about it on the Hub.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,009
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Dec 2017 #295

    kado897 said: View Post
    Wasn't it complaining about this on twitter that Dona blocked Kari for? Oh and I've given up complaining about it on the Hub.
    No, that's not it.

    She blocked me because I criticized Insider Program which is not tolerated at all, last "breach" being then when someone else completely misread one of my tweets changing the point in it and used it in this changed meaning to stress his own agenda.

    Dona blocked me, I blocked the idiot who misused my tweet.

    Insider program is what it is, comes "as is"; if you want to test preview builds is up to you, in doing so you accept the terms and conditions.
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  7. kado897's Avatar
    Posts : 21,425
    Windows 10 Home 64bit
       02 Dec 2017 #296

    Kari said: View Post
    No, that's not it.

    She blocked me because I criticized Insider Program which is not tolerated at all, last "breach" being then when someone else completely misread one of my tweets changing the point in it and used it in this changed meaning to stress his own agenda.

    Dona blocked me, I blocked the idiot who misused my tweet.

    Insider program is what it is, comes "as is"; if you want to test preview builds is up to you, in doing so you accept the terms and conditions.
    Ah OK. but you have had very long upgrade time issues with UUP?
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  8. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,009
    Windows 10 Pro
       02 Dec 2017 #297

    kado897 said: View Post
    Ah OK. but you have had very long upgrade time issues with UUP?
    Yes, and I have also told it repeatedly through Feedback Hub and Twitter like today:



      My ComputerSystem Spec

  9. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,584
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       02 Dec 2017 #298

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Oh? I have a PHD in real-life situations. Like with $multi-k building contracts. When something went wrong or wasn't working out properly, I wanted to know why so I could correct the situation in order to make profit instead of losing my arse. I should think it would be the same with testing software. Sure, I wouldn't be able to correct the code for I'm not a coder, nor do I know the source code, but at least I could get some insight about it. I'm not expecting a reason for every nitpicky bug that comes along, but a major one like the AMD block I surely do think we deserve at least some kind of reason for it. After all, isn't that why they called it the "Insider" program and not the "Outsider"? BTW, UUPtoISO and the UUP Dump methods are great in case we have to clean install after an update failure, but I should think MS would rather have us attempt the upgrade via WU first so they get the telemetry needed to correct or improve that method.
    You almost certainly will not any reason for the AMD bug. This involves really big bucks on the corporate side. The only analog I have in my testing experience is when I could not activate my copy of Office 2003 online and escalated the problem from India to a pretty high level at Redmond. I worked very well with the guy there and we did a lot of cool stuff but at a certaini point he was almost ready to have me go into the registry to activate the software and then thought better of it and instead sent me a copy of Office 2003 in a plain white mailer that would always activate. Maybe I can find it and install it in the Windows XP VM I made for her (she has software that will only run on XP).
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. Wynona's Avatar
    Posts : 21,440
    Windows 10 Skip Ahead Preview Build 18219
       02 Dec 2017 #299

    CountMike said: View Post
    It may not be a "big deal" but on the other hand I'm also looking for new stuff to test and MS's is not providing any explanation about cause of problems like that. Being an insider also implies having inquisitive mind and thinking. Any testing like insider versions should be done in scientific way.
    Ummm, Count, I'm not too sure what we're doing is very scientific. Has there been a scientific study of bugs (the technology type)?
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 30 of 68 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/22: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Skip Build 17046 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 931221002532503552 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17040 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
918976964165230592 918950777619484672 918884711891550208 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17017 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:21.
Find Us