Windows 10: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

  1. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       20 Nov 2017 #250
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  2. Cliff S's Avatar
    Posts : 21,724
    Win10 Pro, Win10 Pro N, Win10 Home, Win10 Pro Insider Fast Ring, Windows 8.1 Pro, Ubuntu
       20 Nov 2017 #251

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Thanks, Cliff.
    You're welcome Tony.
    It is installed as it's own program, and doesn't overwrite your normal PowerShell, so you can always uninstall it. You can even select a portable version:)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  3. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       20 Nov 2017 #252

    Cliff S said: View Post
    You're welcome Tony.
    It is installed as it's own program, and doesn't overwrite your normal PowerShell, so you can always uninstall it. You can even select a portable version:)
    Thanks again. :)

    Great stuff. I bet Kari will be ecstatic when he sees this. Last I saw he was offline.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  4.    20 Nov 2017 #253

    Kari said: View Post
    My wife (the last one, number 4) had no issues in trying new stuff. She met this Italian guy, divorced me and moved to his place.

    🙂 I'm thinking more on the line of just taking it for a test spin. 😄
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  5. Kari's Avatar
    Posts : 15,040
    Windows 10 Pro
       20 Nov 2017 #254

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Thanks again. :)

    Great stuff. I bet Kari will be ecstatic when he sees this. Last I saw he was offline.
    It is a nice tool, but as the name says it's a core version of PowerShell designed to work on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). As such, when it's ready and released it will not contain anything native Windows PS does not contain.

    In my case the major factor for not to use PS Core is the lack of ISE (Integrated Scripting Environment). Writing scripts for my personal use or to be posted here I use PS ISE which makes it easy to write and test / debug them. The Command Add-on in ISE is a magnificent tool, too; if you are not sure about options and switches for a cmdlet, you can just open it in Command Add-on, select options you want to and click Run to execute the command in PS.

    Please do not take me wrong. PS Core is super because it takes PS to all major operating systems. I've been and will continue testing it, but it's not for me.

    Kari
      My ComputerSystem Spec

  6. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,591
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       20 Nov 2017 #255

    Thanks Cliff:

    It install beautifully and after "sudo chown marty /opt/microsoft/ -R" and running pwsh, PS /home/marty update-help completed successfullyClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2017-11-20 20-56-53.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	164894 I will install the program over a previous rc of pwershell 6 in Windows Server 2016 and then Windows 10

    typing help brings up the manpage for powershell or its equivalent.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  7. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,591
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       20 Nov 2017 #256

    This is the build we will likely get this week. If no new build is up tomorrow (Tues) then it quite likely we will get the following on Weds. Of course we must await word from our mistress :)
    10.0.17045.1000 (rs_prerelease.171117-1429)
      My ComputersSystem Spec


  8. Posts : 37,567
    Dual boot Windows 10 FCU Pro x 64 & current Insider 10 Pro
       21 Nov 2017 #257

    Kari said: View Post
    It is a nice tool, but as the name says it's a core version of PowerShell designed to work on multiple platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux). As such, when it's ready and released it will not contain anything native Windows PS does not contain.

    In my case the major factor for not to use PS Core is the lack of ISE (Integrated Scripting Environment). Writing scripts for my personal use or to be posted here I use PS ISE which makes it easy to write and test / debug them. The Command Add-on in ISE is a magnificent tool, too; if you are not sure about options and switches for a cmdlet, you can just open it in Command Add-on, select options you want to and click Run to execute the command in PS.

    Please do not take me wrong. PS Core is super because it takes PS to all major operating systems. I've been and will continue testing it, but it's not for me.

    Kari
    I've downloaded it, but haven't installed yet, so didn't know that it's core without ISE.
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  9. martyfelker's Avatar
    Posts : 1,591
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17711/Windows Server 2019 IP Build 17692/Debian Unsttable
       21 Nov 2017 #258

    OK. No build this week I think. 10.0.17046.1000 (rs_prerelease.171118-1403) compiled Sat has been posted to buildfeed.net This, in combination with a holiday weekend, means no build. Am I I correct Dona? Happy T-day geeks. I know some turkeys won't be flying
      My ComputersSystem Spec

  10. doriandiaconu's Avatar
    Posts : 201
    Windows 10 Insider Build 17035 / Ubuntu 17.10
       21 Nov 2017 #259

    HippsieGypsie said: View Post
    Is this after you tried these?
    Sadly it didn't work
      My ComputerSystem Spec


 
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Related Threads
UPDATE 11/16: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Fast+Skip Ahead Build 17040 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 928321775498170368 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17035 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
900402809685721088 900405174786695168 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16273 for PC - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
913162233252892672 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17004 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10
UPDATE: 9/27: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Skip Ahead Build 17004 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 908013519697616896 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16362 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog
903302171319427076 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16353 for PC (Skip Ahead) - Windows Experience Blog How to Start or Stop Receiving Insider Builds in Windows 10 How to Choose Your Insider Ring Level on your...
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:17.
Find Us