Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
  1.    2 Weeks Ago #251
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    A Finnish expat in Germany
    Posts : 12,945
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    I dislike Explorer as a file manager and can't imagine that Clover's "frills" would improve it enough to be even remotely appealing.
    I have quite an opposite opinion but of course understand that other users may have other opinions. I like Explorer, it's doing everything I want to it to do, everything needed to be done. I just missed tabs and favourites bar on it, that's why I use Clover.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  2.    2 Weeks Ago #252
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Watford
    Posts : 13,837
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by larc919 View Post
    I dislike Explorer as a file manager and can't imagine that Clover's "frills" would improve it enough to be even remotely appealing.
    Clover only really gives tabs and a favourites bar.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  3.    2 Weeks Ago #253
    Join Date : Jul 2014
    Serbia
    Posts : 10,424
    W10 Insider + Linux

    I'd rather have 2 panes than tabs, even with tabs you have to switch between and still go copy/cut paste while with 2 (or more) panes I could just drag a file where it's supposed to go. That's something Total Commander does perfectly. Even old File Manager was doing same thing.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  4.    2 Weeks Ago #254
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Watford
    Posts : 13,837
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by CountMike View Post
    I'd rather have 2 panes than tabs, even with tabs you have to switch between and still go copy/cut paste while with 2 (or more) panes I could just drag a file where it's supposed to go. That's something Total Commander does perfectly. Even old File Manager was doing same thing.
    Not sure about Clover but with QTTabbar you can drag and drop files between tabs.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  5.    2 Weeks Ago #255
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,115
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    So now I've installed QTTabBar 1.50 beta and I can post my two cents. The main thing is that it's an apples and oranges comparison. Clover and Total Commander are both stand-alone file utilities. I paid for Total Commander because 1) The author arranges will a US Distributor to mail you a CD which contains the program and license (mine was Total Commander 6) and then free upgrades are available from his web site and 2) A huge number of third-party programs and extensions for it are available. Clover mostly appeals because causes of it's more modern GUI. Total Commander is way more powerful. QtTabBar, in contrast, is basically a number of extensions to the explorer.exe program which the first programs don't touch. For that reason, it appeals to me because the explorer interface is overdue for an update. I just bought Modern File Explorer from the Store for about 7 bucks and I;ll check that out. Looks like it interfaces with Google Drive and OneDrive among built-in file compression using zip etc etc etc. Microsoft UWA File Explorer looked pretty lame last time I looked but is free.

    Someday I'd like to discuss other terminal emulators and also wonder whether people have tried other file copy programs. I like Teracopy Free but don't yet see any real added value for me to buy pro.

    End of my two cents. I'm enjoying the Einstein@home screensaver - maybe it will come up with more central galactic gravitational waves. No doubt more controversy will be stirred up if we discuss Start Menu replacements or add on. I've been using Stardocks Start 10 program - it's one of the first things I install after a clean install. If I want the Windows 10 Start Menu its available directly and unmodified from the Start 10 Menu.
    I also use Winstep's Nextstart and Workshelp programs. I worked several years with Jorge C. the founder of the company. Winstep Ultimate is awesome.
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  6.    2 Weeks Ago #256
    Join Date : Oct 2013
    Watford
    Posts : 13,837
    Windows 10 Home 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by martyfelker View Post
    So now I've installed QTTabBar 1.50 beta and I can post my two cents. The main thing is that it's an apples and oranges comparison. Clover and Total Commander are both stand-alone file utilities. I paid for Total Commander because 1) The author arranges will a US Distributor to mail you a CD which contains the program and license (mine was Total Commander 6) and then free upgrades are available from his web site and 2) A huge number of third-party programs and extensions for it are available. Clover mostly appeals because causes of it's more modern GUI. Total Commander is way more powerful. QtTabBar, in contrast, is basically a number of extensions to the explorer.exe program which the first programs don't touch. For that reason, it appeals to me because the explorer interface is overdue for an update. I just bought Modern File Explorer from the Store for about 7 bucks and I;ll check that out. Looks like it interfaces with Google Drive and OneDrive among built-in file compression using zip etc etc etc. Microsoft UWA File Explorer looked pretty lame last time I looked but is free.

    Someday I'd like to discuss other terminal emulators and also wonder whether people have tried other file copy programs. I like Teracopy Free but don't yet see any real added value for me to buy pro.

    End of my two cents. I'm enjoying the Einstein@home screensaver - maybe it will come up with more central galactic gravitational waves. No doubt more controversy will be stirred up if we discuss Start Menu replacements or add on. I've been using Stardocks Start 10 program - it's one of the first things I install after a clean install. If I want the Windows 10 Start Menu its available directly and unmodified from the Start 10 Menu.
    I also use Winstep's Nextstart and Workshelp programs. I worked several years with Jorge C. the founder of the company. Winstep Ultimate is awesome.
    That's not the latest version. Confusingly this is even though it has a lower version no. http://qttabbar.wikidot.com/
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  7.    2 Weeks Ago #257
    Join Date : Aug 2015
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Posts : 1,565
    Windows 10 Pro x64

    Quote Originally Posted by kado897 View Post
    Clover only really gives tabs and a favourites bar.
    That's what I was thinking and I wouldn't want either. I use my file manager a lot (currently FreeCommander because I can configure it the way I want), maybe surpassed only by Firefox in the number of times it's opened each day. About the only time I use Explorer is when I want to transfer files to/from my phone (it doesn't like FreeCommander or FreeCommander doesn't like it, haven't decided which).
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  8.    2 Weeks Ago #258
    Join Date : Jun 2014
    Posts : 5,506
    Windows 10 Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I have quite an opposite opinion but of course understand that other users may have other opinions. I like Explorer, it's doing everything I want to it to do, everything needed to be done. I just missed tabs and favourites bar on it, that's why I use Clover.
    Thanks for suggesting Clover. It took me several tries to down load and install it. ESet Security Suite kept trying block it. I like that I can now have tabs without a lot of features I'll never use.
      My ComputerSystem Spec
  9.    2 Weeks Ago #259
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,115
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    The latest version of QtTabBar I can find (according to the author) is 1.5.0.0b2.msi. I use Sumo pro to verify the latest updates for my programs and have sent corrections to the author which he fixes. For what it's worth her my export list. Enjoy - I do. Sorry for the text file - it is delimited by "OK". There are 84 programs. I did export to an Excel spreadsheet if this listing offends somebody (doubtless it will

    Adobe Flash Player for Firefox Adobe Systems, Inc. 27.0.0.183 OKAdobe Flash Player for Firefox (64 bits) Adobe Systems, Inc. 27.0.0.183 OKAdvanced SystemCare IOBit 11.0.3.169 OKAdvanced Task Manager Innovative Solutions 5.6.0.72 OKAgent for SSH NetSarang Computer, Inc. 5.0.0.20 OKAlternateStreamView (64 bits) NirSoft 1.54 OKAMD Problem Report Wizard (64 bits) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. 9.0.0.4 OKAOMEI Backupper AOMEI Technology Co., Ltd. 4.0.6.0 OKBOINC Manager (64 bits) Space Sciences Laboratory 7.8.3.0 OKBootLogXP Greatis Software 2.5.2.7 OKcalibre (64 bits) calibre-ebook.com 3.11.1.0 OKCCleaner (64 bits) Piriform Ltd 5.36.0.6278 OKClover EJIE Technology 3.0.406.0 OKConEmu (64 bits) Maximus5 17.9.10.0 OKCPU-Z (64 bits) CPUID 1.8.1.1 OKDashlane Dashlane, Inc. 5.0.0.10636 OKDesktopOK (64 bits) Nenad Hrg (SoftwareOK.com) 4.8.5.0 OKDesktopSnowOK (64 bits) Nenad Hrg (SoftwareOK.com) 3.2.3.0 OKDriverMax Innovative Solutions 9.38.0.268 OKEasyBCD NeoSmart Technologies 2.3.0.207 OKEvent Log Explorer FSPro Labs 4.6.1.2115 OKexplorer-win64 (64 bits) 5.4.2.57392 OKFont Browser Winstep Software Technologies 1.01.0009.0 OKGoogle Chrome (64 bits) Google Inc. 64.0.3257.0 OKGraphStudioNext RadScorpion 0.7.1.28 OKGraphStudioNext (64 bits) RadScorpion 0.7.1.28 OKInternet Download Manager Tonec Inc. 6.29.1 OKIObit Malware Fighter IOBit 5.3.0.4078 Update available (5.3.0.4086)IOBit Uninstaller IOBit 7.1.0.19 OKiReboot NeoSmart Technologies 2.0.1.42 OKLaunch application with delay Greatis Software 6.9.6.2011 OKmadHcCtrl madshi.net 1.1.20.6 OKMedia Player Classic - Home Cinema (64 bits) MPC-HC Team 1.7.13.112 OKMemory History Tool Lat-Ton® Limited Partnership 2.6.2.6 OKNextSTART Winstep Software Technologies 17.01.0821.0 OKNimbus fvdmedia 1.0.0.0 OKO&O ShutUp10 O&O Software GmbH 1.6.1393.1 OKOpera developer Internet Browser (64 bits) Opera Software 50.0.2753.0 Update available (50.0.2759.0)ParkControl (64 bits) Bitsum Technologies 1.2.7.2 OKPartition Assistant Help AOMEI Technology Co., Ltd. 2.0.0.1 OKPDF-XChange Editor (64 bits) Tracker Software Products Ltd. 6.0.322.7 OKPDF-XChange Printer (64 bits) Tracker Software Products Ltd. 6.0.322.7 OKPingPlotter Pingman Tools, LLC 5.5.6.3807 OKPortExpert KC Softwares 1.7.2.12 OKPowerArchiver (64 bits) ConeXware, Inc. 17.1.6.0 OKRadeon Settings (64 bits) Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. 10.1.1.1681 OKRegRun Run Job Greatis Software 6.9.6.2010 OKRegRun Start Control Greatis Software 9.30.0.630 OKRevo Uninstaller Pro (64 bits) VS Revo Group 3.2.0.0 OKRunGuard file checker Greatis Software 6.9.6.2010 OKShows open files Greatis Software 6.9.8.2012 OKSmart Defrag IOBit 5.7.1.1150 OKStardock ModernMix Stardock Corporation 1.0.0.1 OKStardock Start10 Stardock Corporation 1.5.6.0 OKStarWind V2V Converter StarWind Software 8.0.168.0 OKSUMo KC Softwares 5.4.0.374 OKSystem Files Editor Greatis Software 6.9.6.2010 OKSystem Information Topala Software Solutions 7.7.0.0 OKSystem Information (64 bits) Topala Software Solutions 7.7.0.0 OKTakeOwnershipEx Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows 1.2.0.1 OKTCC LE (64 bits) JP Software 14.00.09.0 OKTeraCopy Code Sector Inc. 3.2.6.0 OKTotal Commander (64 bits) Ghisler Software GmbH 9.1.1.0 OKTreeSize Free JAM Software 4.0.3.372 OKTweaking.com - Registry Backup Tweaking.com 3.5.0.3 OKTweaking.com - Windows Repair Tweaking.com 4.0.0.9 OKUltimate Windows Tweaker The Windows Club 4.3.0.0 OKUnHackMe Greatis Software 9.30.0.630 OKUnlocker (64 bits) Cedrick Collomb 1.9.2 OKViewer for LRF files (64 bits) calibre-ebook.com 3.11.1.0 OKVivaldi (64 bits) Vivaldi Technologies AS 1.13.971.8 OKVLC media player (64 bits) VideoLAN Team 3.0.0.0 OKWinaero Tweaker Winaero - Free small and useful software for Windows 0.8.0.0 OKWindows 10 Manager Yamicsoft 1.5.9.0 OKWindows 10 Manager - 1-Click Cleaner Yamicsoft 1.7.3.0 OKWindows Repair Toolbox Alexandre Coelho 2.0.0.4 Update available (2.0.0.5)Winstep Start Menu Organizer Winstep Software Technologies 1.06.0092.0 OKWinstep Theme Manager Winstep Software Technologies 17.01.0100.0 OKWinstep Translator Winstep Software Technologies 1.00.0028.0 OKWorkShelf Winstep Software Technologies 17.01.1212.0 OKWR Tray Icon Tweaking.com 4.0.0.0 OKXLaunch wizard for starting Xming Colin Harrison 6.9.0.31 OKXming X Server Colin Harrison 6.9.0.31 OKXshell NetSarang Computer, Inc. 5.0.0.50 OK
      My ComputersSystem Spec
  10.    2 Weeks Ago #260
    Join Date : Nov 2014
    Floyd, VA
    Posts : 1,115
    Triple Boot Windows 10 IP Build 17025/Windows Server 2016/Debian Sid

    Actually I should apologize to D.S. for disdaining the fact that 17025 was released to the slow ring. I have convinced my wife to let me install it on her machine replacing a dual boot openSUSE\Windows 7 system which is very long in the tooth. As those of you who have been married for awhile realize this is no small feet
      My ComputersSystem Spec

 
Page 26 of 43 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast


Similar Threads
Thread Forum
Insider Announcing Windows 10 SDK Insider Preview build 17025
Read more: Windows 10 SDK Preview Build 17025 - Building Apps for Windows Download: Download Windows Insider Preview SDK
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 9/28: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow+Fast Build 16299 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 912785209581555712...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16299 for PC
UPDATE 10/4: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast+Slow Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums UPDATE 10/2: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Fast Build 16299.15 for PC Insider - Windows 10 Forums 913556690376773632...
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16291 for PC
UPDATE 9/26: Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Slow Build 16296 for PC - Windows 10 Forums 911319835648204800 910247567849426945 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16291 for PC - Windows Experience Blog
Windows 10 News
Insider Announcing Windows 10 Insider Slow Build 16251 PC
892868741708431361 Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16251 for PC Build 15235 for Mobile - Windows Experience Blog Windows 10 PC:
Windows 10 News
Our Sites
Site Links
About Us
Windows 10 Forums is an independent web site and has not been authorized, sponsored, or otherwise approved by Microsoft Corporation. "Windows 10" and related materials are trademarks of Microsoft Corp.

© Designer Media Ltd
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:36.
Find Us
Twitter Facebook Google+ Ten Forums iOS App Ten Forums Android App



Windows 10 Forums